3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Opinions please....lawn care etiquette (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/92362-opinions-please-lawn-care-etiquette.html)

telemetrynurse 08-26-2006 11:33 AM

Opinions please....lawn care etiquette

What time is reasonable to start lawn care on a Saturday morning, in your opinion?

My neighbor started at 7am today. It didn't bother me because I was already awake, but I thought of other neighbors who may want to sleep a bit longer. It was very noisy----weedeater and lawnmower.

I can understand trying to beat the heat---it is REALLY hot here, however, I do try to consider my neighbors and don't usually start till around 8:30 or 9am

GoingGoal 08-26-2006 11:51 AM

IMHO 7:30 is a little too early. I think 8:00-8:30 would be early enough. I am an early riser but I still don't want the noise pollution that early.

lilybelle 08-26-2006 12:07 PM

I would think 8:00 am would be early enough, this is when we usually start ours. I try to be considerate of the neighbors, but I don't want to be out in the heat either.

fitbyforty 08-26-2006 12:58 PM

That is too early.Your town might even have a bylaw about what time is acceptable to do lawn work.

FrouFrou 08-26-2006 02:16 PM

I've always gone by work rules...as in construction. They are not supposed to start in a residential area until 7 a.m. during the week and 8 a.m. on the weekend although they have started earlier at times. I too think 7:30 is a wee bit early. I try to wait until 8:30 or 9'ish but I have a neighbor who does it at 8, which is fine. I am usually up and if I am so tired I want to sleep later it doesn't bother me at all.

Wolfena 08-26-2006 03:08 PM

We've got the opposite problem.... We go to bed around 8 often times (because we leave for work ridiculously early) and our neighbor (with 5 acres) ALWAYS starts mowing right around 7:30pm... ya know, when it gets cool outside and is still daylight.

HOW DARE HE!!!

***really though, it sucks when you're trying to sleep & he KNOWS my BF leaves for work around !1:30-2 am because I'm quite sure he hears his dump truck start up.

LOL

I'd think waiting til at least 8am would be appropriate, 7 is a bit early for the average person... plus the dew is still on the grass & it's not good for the mower to mow wet grass!

mom2cole 08-26-2006 06:33 PM

You should check with your city because they should have some sort of noise ordinance. I believe 8am is about the time you can start making tons of noise. My mom does yard care for a living and she usually waits until 8am to start mowing. She would like to start earlier but doesn't want to irrate anyone.