General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 10:08 PM   #1  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

Default Need Ideas

My daughter is graduating this Sunday from High School.
I am having a video made for her from the time she was born til now. It has her with ALL of her family and her with friends.
What I need ideas for is songs to put on this dvd.
I already have "Forever Young" by Rod Stewert, "Graduation" by Vitamin C and "In My Daughters Eyes" by Martina McBride.
I still need two more and I am all out of ideas. I can't ask her because she doesn't know about it.
I really could use some help...
Old 06-07-2006, 11:07 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

OH SLI~ You only need ONE song: Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo' ole ~~ all you need to do is play this song through the entire CD!

Have fun at your daughter's graduation ~ my step-d graduates friday ~ 2 of mine down ~ 1 step-d on friday and 1 nephew in 2 years to go!!
Old 06-07-2006, 11:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

There's a great spoken word song by Baz Luhrman, but written by Mary Schmich. It may be hard to find, but the radio stations always play it around graduation. I absolutely adore it. Here's a link to its "lyrics." It's better listened to though; the way he speaks it is very powerful. It's a bit tongue in cheek, but it also has a lot of great advice.

http://www.generationterrorists.com/...sunscreen.html
Old 06-08-2006, 10:36 AM   #4  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY
OH SLI~ You only need ONE song: Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo' ole ~~ all you need to do is play this song through the entire CD!

Have fun at your daughter's graduation ~ my step-d graduates friday ~ 2 of mine down ~ 1 step-d on friday and 1 nephew in 2 years to go!!
I just looked that up on itunes and I really like that song! Thank you!!
I have heard it before, I believe on "50 First Dates" and on Taxi Cab Confessions" but I never knew who sang it.
I had heard you meantion him before but never knew who he was.
I have to admit to you though when I first started reading you post and I saw Over the Rainbow I thought for sure you were gonna say by Katherine..
So your idea is a go and once again THANK YOU!

I still need more though. Who would have ever guess it would be this hard to pick out songs....If she liked music from the 80's I could spit them out no problem..

HarpoChicoGroucho, I can't find the music to yours. I did print out the lyrics though because I like them. I think that she would also. That way I can at least put them in her scrapbook.:
Old 06-09-2006, 09:08 AM   #5  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

What was the hit song when she was born?

There is a song in a musical that I love,,, *A New Brain* not sure of the name but its about always being there. *All for you* I think
Old 06-09-2006, 09:15 AM   #6  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

I don't know if it is available digitally yet, but Taylor Hicks' new song "Do I Make You Proud" would be GREAT!
Closed Thread