Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 11:57 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Wink Weight Loss and Chit Chat #193.

Hello and welcome to the Jaded Ladies.

We are a group of ladies who come in for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles. And we also find time for some chitchatting! So please, won't you join us??
Old 05-28-2006, 10:42 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Good Sunday morning, ladies,

Michelle - I too love your avatar. You're pretty, and I really like the color of your hair. My digital camera is a Canon Elph, and is as small as a deck of cards, but has a good-sized screen. I really like it a lot, but there are many to chose from, and I know you'll find just the right one for you.

Alex - so you're a water baby, huh? Swimming is such good exercise, so you go girl! Our city pool opens tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to going with my DDs and DGDs. My last child (Katie) turned 19 in March, so I've made it through 1 boy and 2 girls dating. Sometimes it was tough, but I lived to tell about it, lol. You will, too.

Sue - I know what you mean about tiring easier as we age. Of course, this excess weight doesn't help. It's been so hot and humid here, but we're supposed to get a break later this week.

Marti - gals and dolls, tee hee. You crack me up. Neal has finished the basic frame of the closed-in patio and should be all the way finished in a week or so. But I can still post a view. In the early morning, there are deer at the end of the field, but I'm not sure they'd show up in a pic. I'll try, though.

Cristina - I hope you're having a wonderful weekend with your family. Get all the hugs you can from Josh, and store them up for later. Did I mention to you that I bought Katie's iPod from her? I know you have one, too. I'm loving it! Walmart has a charger for about $17 that I got so I don't have to use my computer for that. I still need to download a few more CDs, but have all my very favorites on it already.

Mary Kate, Angie and Julie - where are you? I miss you all.

Hello to anyone else I may have forgotten.

I need to get off here and get things ready for our dinner with Paul. Neal's going to grill out, so that saves me some work, lol. I need to get some side dishes fixed. Whatever high-calorie foods are left over will be sent home with Mary, because I'm serious about what I said on the other thread.

I hope all of you have a great day.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:02 AM   #3  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Good Morning JANE...Well it sounds like you have a busy day planned just like I do! I'm making a ham with all the fixings for my grandma, mom, daughter and son in law, along with my younger daughter and my DH. Thank you for your kind words and compliment. I'm getting my hair done next month to have my blond highlights back, because I've been a little upset lately for how many gray hairs I've been finding and I keep trying to pull them out. It's like they just really started to show up here lately; I wonder if it's from all the stress I've been under lately? I hope you have a wonderful day with your family and relax! Oh yes, I do have a lot of good ideas now for cameras, including yours, to look at tomorrow. I'll let you know.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:18 PM   #4  

Hello ladies......

Not much going on today...been trying to just stay relaxed! But, I need to straighten up the house and so that means I'll end up doing some cleaning.

Jane--Hope you have a lovely BBQ today. Is your weather permitting?? We have a cold gloomy looking day. Not sure if it's suppose to rain or not but it sure looks like it will.

Michelle--Have fun hunting for a new camera. We need a new one, but that will have to be in the future....house buying for now. Your dinner sounds fantastic!! MMMM.....

Hello to everyone else out there!!

Ok....going to go get my house under control

Hugs to all!
Old 05-28-2006, 03:31 PM   #5  

Not too small....the advatar that is. Not one of my best photos but I don't have a lot of head shots!!

Anyway....thought I would join the gals who are sharing...don't know how long I'll keep it though.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:54 PM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi ladies...

Well, thanks MARTI for sharing! I think it is a nice picture of you, is it a recent one? I too was thinking of putting one up of me as I was looking through my pictures I just had developed Friday. Not sure yet...just never like looking at myself in photos.

MICHELLE...DD at one time wanted to color her hair that same color. I thought it was a pretty color. She never did though. She is always saying "My hair should have been black!" DS#1 & 2 both have black hair like their dad, hers is dark brown. And they all got their dads thick hair. Glad you are liking the WATP!

JANE...enjoy the BBQ! We were going to bbq some ribs but it is soooo windy out, just don't want to mess with it. We plan on getting a new grill by the 4th of July, actually before then...a gas one. Right now we have to deal with the briquets and lighter fluid and it gets messy, ick! Anyway...enjoy your day.

ALEX...our neighborhood pool opened yesterday too! I plan on going to it at least a few times this summer if even I don't know how to swim, lol! June 3rd they are having a pool party and neighborhood watch meeting that I would like to go to, hoping DH won't be working. I remember dating...boy did I ever tire from it.

SUE...hope you did well with the yard sale. We are needing to have one to clean out our storage unit. Don't want to bring half of that stuff back and have to figure out where to put it. I hear ya about the age thing. Always telling DH what are we going to do when we get in our 60's?! I swear the more I walk and exercise the worse my body feels. Maybe just getting used to it all.

Well, today has been a lazy day for me too! I did however get up at 6 and go for my 3 mile walk as I have for the last 6 weeks every weekend. I can't believe that tomorrow is going on 7 weeks that I have been walking, going to It Figures, drinking my water and taking my vitamins! That defiinitely is a NSV for me! Anyway...going to go out and keep Josh company while he dries his truck off. He went and washed it even though I told him it is supposed to rain tomorrow. Need to vacuum mine out but I will wait to wash it. Anyway...have a good day ladies!
Old 05-28-2006, 08:50 PM   #7  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

MARTI...Your SO pretty! I love your avatar; please don't remove it! You look so tiny, like you don't even need to lose any weight!

CRISTINA...This picture is from a year ago, and my hair has grown out quite a bit now. I'm getting it trimmed and my blonde weave put in it next month. Lately I've been finding many gray hairs and I'm not happy about that. They just don't look right in my auburn color hair. Please do put your picture for your avatar! I also wish Jane and Jules would. I didn't want to put my picture up for awhile now because I really hate my pictures, but I decided to since so many others were.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:57 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

I'm back for a few minutes....

Michelle - I don't know if stress really does cause gray hair or not, but they say it can. No wonder I'm all gray under the rinse, lol. Tell us about your camera when you find one you like. Your dinner sounds yummy - have a good time.

Marti - OMG! I love your avatar! You look so young and thin in it. No way will I put one on here of my old, fat face!

Cristi - hmmmm, I don't know why you aren't losing since you're doing so well with the exercise, etc. Maybe the calories are too high? Just a thought. Anyway, at least you're doing the right things.

Paul left around 5, and I was sorry to see him go. He brought me a lamb's ear plant, wasn't that sweet? I thought I had one, but he said it was something else, when he was here Friday. So now I have the real deal. He brought Neal his favorite - chocolate covered cashews. Believe it or not, those don't bother me because I'm not a big fan of cashews.

I have my menu all planned and written down for tomorrow. The old "if you fail to plan, you plan to fail" thingy kicking in, lol.

Well, I'm off to go swing with my sweetie. I hope everyone is having a good day, and I'll see you tomorrow.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:26 PM   #9  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Lazy day here. Well, I did clean up the garage sale stuff and do some laundry. Nothing too strenuous. My DGS is here and we watched some t.v. together and just talked for awhile. He then got on the computer and I watched Lifetime and took a short nap.
We are going to Mom's tomorrow for ham and beans. No cook-out for us. She had a huge ham last week when her 2 sisters visited from PA and wants us to help her eat up the rest. Kinda like we are the disposal, right? LOL
She and I need to do some talking about colors,curtains and bedspreads anyway.

Marti- I love your avatar. I agree, you look so young and thin. Hope you got your house under control. I also hope the house hunting goes well for you and James. Wish you were here...I have a house for sale.

Jane- Hope your menu works for tomorrow. I have had a few bad bites this week-end, but nothing too major. I still think I will have lost some at WI tomorrow. I had to laugh when you mentioned swinging. We have a porch swing here and DH loves it. He wanted one on the back porch at the new house so went and bought a big beam and had the builder install it on the porch so it will hold his swing. I like the swing, but here it is in the sun and I can't use it except late in the day.

Michelle- I love the color of your hair and you also look so young and thin. I must be the old timer here...as if I didn't already know that.

Cristina- We did okay with the sale. Really didn't have any big ticket items, but got rid of lots of small stuff from the garage and attic. When we move I am supposed to have one of household items we can't take....but I am here to tell you I don't care if I never have another sale.

I was saying that I need to discuss curtains.....I am looking at curtains and blinds. Just don't know what I want at the windows. Here we have mini blinds and some curtains, some valances. I'm not sure if I want mini blinds again, they are such a pain to wash. But I don't know what other blinds I would like. Do any of you have cellular shades or roman shades? Give me some feedback will you? In Vegas we have heavy drapes, due to the heat. Drapes and sheers which we used to have here also. I might even go back to that. Dunno.
I get to go shopping for the final appliances next week. Fun!

See you all at WI tomorrow.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:28 PM   #10  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

arghhh there are times when I don't like weekends..Monte is such a mean boss! We moved furniture around cleaned,,,(but not the other cleaning that I still had to do,,,grrr ) and then shopped for Tanner's new bed. He has a twin and wanted a double size.
I snuck into the office to check in earlier but sat down in the big chair and ended up falling asleep. So now an hour later,,,Im up but crossed eyed.

Sue,,,did you make lots of mooola? I should of done a yard sale years ago,,,instead I just gave away everything to Woman's shelters.
Jane,,,that is sweet of your BIL
Alex swimming is such a great exercise,,,,I stopped swimming years ago when my TOM was too crazy. I was scared I would have an accident.
Marti,,,I love your avatar,,,you are so pretty...love your smile.
Michelle, I wanna come to your house for dinner....lol

well Im going to bed,,,,its only 8:30 but I can't keep my eyes open,,,Tan and I are going to Inxes concert tomorrow...have a good night
Old 05-28-2006, 10:34 PM   #11  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

hey Sue,,,you posted at the same time,,,Im going to have shutters in my office put in,,,the inside kind,,,not usre if they are called shutters or wooden blinds. Figure great way to keep the windows covered and Skittles from going wacko at the window each time someone walks by....lol She tore down my lace curtains last week...I don't want to imagine how she had to have been like a monkey climbing up them,,,dang dog!

Michelle,,,I started going grey at 26,,,which is also the year I had alot of things happen in my family..I was very depressed and was on anitdepressants then also. But 11 yrs later I would have to dye my hair every 4 weeks to hide the grey. I have very dark hair,,,which shows the grey/white big time.
Old 05-29-2006, 04:38 AM   #12  

Wanted to pop in before I go to bed. Feeling really tired....not used to being up pass midnight anymore!!

Why thank you for all the compliments on my advatar! Didn't expect to read how "tiny" I look! Silly girls!! Remember, it's a tiny photo!! The picture was taken in October, just before all the holidays, and after James got back from his trip to Utah. So it wasn't too long ago. Wish my hair looked like that again. Need to go for a cut!

Cristi--I have noticed that the more I exercise the more I feel my joints ache!! I try to make sure I get my vitamins in....and lately I'm really working on calcium. Don't want brittle bones.

Michelle--I started getting grays about 10yrs ago when I was in my mid 20's. I've had a lot of stress in my life so maybe that is where it comes from. Wish I didn't have to color every so often to get rid of it.

Jane--You know, I love chocolate covered nuts, but cashews just aren't ones I like in chocolate. Everything else is fine though. So what is a lambs ear plant? I've never heard of it before. So interesting.

Sue--Just send your house my way!! Been going over a bunch of houses online to just have an idea of what is available. Plan on driving out to these places when we have another day off together. Which is hard to do.

Angie--Have fun at the concert tomorrow!! I wish I could go w/you. Did you know that I have never been to any concert in my lifetime?? James finds that hard to believe but I haven't. Maybe one of these days.....nah, probably not.

Well...after all the compliments I'm goint to go to bed w/a smile! Who knew that posting a photo can make a person feel good about themselves??? Thank you all.....

now this old gal is going to bed...she's tired!

G'Night!
Old 05-29-2006, 08:34 AM   #13  
ugggg.....

Marti & Michelle ma belle--aren't you both so cute!!

Jane--we are suppossed to go to a friends house later today--both my kids are invited too. DS might be going with gf to her grandmothers. DD might come since she has been invited several places.

Cristina--glad you are enjoying It Figures--the first thing I noticed at Slim-n-Tone was my clothes fitting differently.

Sue--you sound like your having so much fun decorating.

Angelia--I have been dyeing my hair since 28--everytime the roots start to come out I see more gray!!

Hi to everyone else. I just needed a couple of days to get over DD's divorce--I didn't think it would be so hard on me. I really did love the ex and I thought that they would be together forever--they were such a cute and fun couple. I was worried about DD too. The first night after I posted I got a call to go back to the apartment, but she actually seems to be good..part of me is scared that she will have another bout with the depression but she is back to making her five year plan again--which is a good sign!!
Old 05-29-2006, 11:45 AM   #14  
GmaTo8

Happy Memorial Day to the Yanks, and Happy Monday to our Canadian friends!

Sue - I chose the 1 /12" wood blinds for our home. We were supposed to have a white wooden shutter in the dining room, but DIL tried to trim it, hit a rod, and it broke. But I do love the curtain in there now. I had fun coordinating all the colors for the rooms that blend in together.

Angie - aww, sounds like you needed the nap. Since this is just a regular Monday for you, I'll wish you a good day at work.

Marti - a lamb's ear is a greenish-gray plant that is very, very soft to the touch. It's sort of fuzzy. I suppose it blooms sooner or later, but since I've never had one, it will be a surprise, lol.

Julie - I can totally understand your stress of the last week. It's a good sign that your DD is making a 5 year plan. She sounds like a smart cookie - just like her mama.

MaryKate - did you have to work today?

Hello to anyone else reading this.

Well, today is like an ordinary day for me, too, since we did our celebrating yesterday. I'm washing sheets today, and will hang them outside to dry. Love that smell!

I sent all the tempting foods home with DS and his family, since I really don't need pie and chips and that kind of stuff around here. As I said, my food journal for the day is all done, and I don't think I'll have any trouble staying with it. Dr. Phil's book is like a lecture that I needed, lol.

Have a good day, ladies!
Old 05-29-2006, 12:41 PM   #15  

Good Morning Ladies!!

Jules--What a great mom you are to be there for you DD. Sounds like she's a strong girl and that she realized that he's not worth getting depressed over. Hugs to her! and to you too!!

Jane--Ah...I've heard of those plants but never heard it being called a lambs ear. Not sure what I've heard it called, but a lambs ear would be a name I wouldn't forget.

Well I have to go to work for a few hours today. Splitting a shift w/a gal to get 4hrs of holiday pay. Regret doing it, but I'm sure once my paycheck is here, I won't.

Going to take my dogs out to pee....

You all have a great Monday!! I'll check in later.
Closed Thread