Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 03:50 PM   #1  
banned

Default ot: HP?

do any of you own a hewlett packard printer or a 3 in one? has anyone gotten more than a year out of it?

i have a hp 3 in 1 that only lasted one year&sincew id had an extended warranty, last summer they gave me a reconditioned unit that is now again 1 y/o and got fried in a storm 2 nights ago. i went w hp bc i was told its one of the best but cant help but wonder why stuff keeps happening after 1 year.

prior to hp, i had epson and the same prob it lasted 1 year. prior to that i had a 5 y/o lexmark.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:09 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Lexmark and Epson are the 2 best printers be it just printer or 3/4 in ones.

DH and I absolutely hate HP anything because it doesn't seem to last.

I've had my 4in1 Lexmark X125 for over 5 years and it still works like the day I took it out of the box.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 283/270/165

I have a HP computer and 3 in 1 printer and love them both. I bought the extended warranties on both and have had them over 3 years never used the warranty.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:21 PM   #4  

HMMMM. I have an HP from 1999 or 2000. It's R40xi I think. Scanner, printer...no fax. I have put more paper through that than many small copiers ever see. I did all of my wedding invitations, birth annoucemnets, x-mas cards ect. Plus when I did speech therapy each month I copied my logs, which I made 3 copies of each month for 20-25 kids. Not to mention the worksheets, coloring pages, grocery lists and everything else I print. Once I copied two large binders with 500 pages each of speech related cue pictures. I bet I print a couple hundred things a month....I use alot of paper LOL

I am pleased with it. Though not the fastest, quietest or highest quality now available it still gives me great prints of pictures as well as regular stuff.

Though not all printers last this long or hold up to this abuse it should last more than a year. But you can't blame the printer if it was a storm that fried it. I know few people who have had success with Lexmark. One friend (also a network person where dh worked) got one for free with his pc. DH told him, just go buy one and tell them to keep the lexmark. The guy just laughed. A few days later DH saw him surfing the web for a printe rand asked what happened to teh lexmark.....the guy hated it so much he heaved down the basment steps LOL I have no preference really I just think that's a funny story

Maybe you could write to the company expressing your dissatisfaction. You never know they may send you a new one or a diso****.
Old 05-14-2006, 06:21 PM   #5  
banned

wow thanks you guys

im not blaming it its just ive only had lex, ep and hp and each lasted 1 yr and the lex 5 yrs and to my knowlege still works my sis has it& now its like 8-10 cuz i havent had it in a loooooong time.

ive a feelin the only thing that saved the pc was the fact that it was off at the time. then again so was the printer i think
Old 05-14-2006, 06:24 PM   #6  
Cowboy Up Chick

Even if you have them turned off there is still electricity in the outlets/lines and thus they can still get fried. You should have a good surge bar into which they are plugged.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:43 PM   #7  
Another Tammy

I've had two HP's and have never had any problems with them. The first I got in '98 and replaced after about 4 years, only because it was getting to be outdated. It still worked fine, though. mY current one I've had for about 5 years. It's just a plain o' printer, no combo or anything fancy.It's obviously not the most up to date thing I could have but I've still not had any problems with it, not even during/after extreme weather.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:25 PM   #8  
banned

thanks. i do have a surge protector... i got it to work but now im p/o bc i already unins. the software and havin trouble reinstalling it./
Old 05-14-2006, 09:18 PM   #9  
Starting fresh!

S/C/G: 281/226/184

Height: 6 feet

I've had an HP copier/scanner/printer for about 3 years now and I LOVE it. I've never had a problem and I think it's the best printer I've ever used, IMHO.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

we have 2 HP k80 and 2 K80i
had all of them for about 4 years
no problems
well, except the k80 wasn't compatable with XP (probably why costco had them for so cheap) - had to download a software upgrade
my dad prints 100+ faxes per day and has had no problems
I only use mine a bit
we didn't buy the warrenties
the only negative for me is that it doesn't have a flat screen scanner
we paid around $100 bucks a peice (or maybe less) for them at a big 2 for one sale a few years back
Closed Thread