Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 01:02 PM   #1  

Default "Aunt Flo" and eating junk

I actually made it through Easter with no candy or chocolate... I even lost 1.4 lbs. at my weigh in.

Then I get my monthly visitor this weekend and HAVE to have gummi worms, sour patch kids and swedish fish... I ate an entire 8 oz bag of the sour patch kids...

grrr.

At least it was all sugar, no fat...

I need to get better about exercising again if I'm going to have moments of weakness involving candy!!
Old 04-24-2006, 02:54 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Try eating fruit instead.

What you need to do is find a substitute for that stuff.

I actually (and I will look for it) a 'gummy' 0 point treat made with jello and Knox gelatin that would be a perfect substitute for that gummy need.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:38 PM   #3  
Starting fresh!

S/C/G: 281/226/184

Height: 6 feet

I completely get off plan when "Aunt Flo" visits. I get discouraged b/c even if I do stay on-plan, I never show a loss so then I get depressed and eat more....it's such a vicious cycle!
Old 04-24-2006, 04:02 PM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_peach
I completely get off plan when "Aunt Flo" visits. I get discouraged b/c even if I do stay on-plan, I never show a loss so then I get depressed and eat more....it's such a vicious cycle!
The average woman gains 4-7 pounds at some point during their cycle so don't let it get you down. If you don't show a loss use it as a guage to show a trend.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:30 PM   #5  
n00b

S/C/G: 273/269/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
The average woman gains 4-7 pounds at some point during their cycle so don't let it get you down. If you don't show a loss use it as a guage to show a trend.
ahhh, kelly, i love you. you always have such great facts to back up what you say, and it's so encouraging.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:24 PM   #6  
Starting fresh!

Yes, thank you KellyS!! That makes me feel so much better!
Old 04-26-2006, 10:17 AM   #7  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Yep! I was having the same problem last night except I crave salt. I had 1 cup of bits and bites and then went on the net to distract myself from eating anything else.

I find if you get busy doing something else you forget about eating.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

I won't go into what I ate, but we'll say that I don't have any flex points left. Even though I was so_close_ to end of TOM, I fell off the wagon yesterday at work.... I still logged all my food and point value. It was a wake up call for me...so, I am expecting a gain at weigh in, whether it's period related or crap I ate related...

TOday's another day...but I"m glad I'm not the only one who eats less than stellar during TOM.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 267/266.5/150

I totally know where you all are coming from...I came to the forum after a long fall from the wagon today (TOM came at 5am this morning and tomorrow will be most challenging day physically). It all started with an innocent trip to the grocery...fresh bread, milk, even bought some yogurt to try to help get some calcium in my diet. Even brought home some fresh veggies and fruit. UNFORTUNATLY I also came home with 2 donuts...and they are already gone...

ARGH...simple sandwich for dinner...will have apple snack tonight...but neither will erase the frustration of failing to follow plan sooooooo badly!

Tomorrow is another day...never start over...just start again and continue down that path.

Much luck and healthy eating to you all for the rest of the week!
Old 05-12-2006, 07:19 PM   #10  

Aunt Flo is never kind to me either. My thing is I need chocolate. I think I've turned the chocolate thing around by eating the WW chocolate ice cream wheels. They are only 2 points each. I also like the WW pecan crowns at 1 point each. Light chocolate soy milk helps. My other thing is I need diet cokes. Lots and lots. No points in that. Too much soda but I definitely feel better with the cola on board.

Last edited by ivynikki; 05-16-2006 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:55 PM   #11  
Dena

S/C/G: 194/191/165

OH bless you ladies. I have very short cycles and always gain during EVEN when I'm being good. It's so hard to keep trucking when you expect a loss from the week before and you climb on during the visit and gained 2lbs It's very depressing.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:42 PM   #12  
Starting fresh!

As most of us have said, we eat badly and/or gain weight when "Aunt Flo" visits. This is definitely the case for me. I usually either lose 0.2 of a pound or gain. Last week, I gained about a pound thanks to that TOM. However, I have noticed that the week after I usually lose big (about 3 pounds average). Sure enough, at tonight's weigh-in I lost 2.2 pounds. I don't know if this is true for everyone but it definitely makes me feel better when I overeat or cheat because of PMS!
Old 05-16-2006, 09:41 AM   #13  

Princess, I gain weight as well. I notice that my weight dramatically drops the next week just like you do. The only condition for that to happen is that I HAVE to keep the cravings under control. That's why the WW chocolate treats are so key for me. If I pig out when Aunt Flo visits, she leaves but the weight stays.
Closed Thread