Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-14-2006, 06:44 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Holiday Weekend Chat - April 14, 15, 16

Good Morning,

How is everyone this Good Friday / Passover day.

I'm home today, our company actually gives us the day off So its cleaning and more cleaning for Sunday. I might cut up a few thing today to get ready for sunday.

I'm fasting today so its just coffee this morning and water the rest of the day.

Whats shakin in your world?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 01:32 PM   #2  

Hi, Leenie!
It's nice you have a day at home! I'm actually supposed to be at home too because I'm not working, but this morning I woke up to the sound of my dad yelling at my mom from upstairs.
And when I went up to say good morning, he gave me the look that he did back then when he was about to hit me. I don't think I did anything wrong.
Yesterday and the day before have been awful. Wednesday: ate out 3 meals in a row (in Seattle), Thursday: did great during the day and binged on 2 cans of salmon, entire box of peanut crisps, entire box of chocolate filled cookies right before bed. I couldn't stop. I wanted to throw up because I was so stuffed.
Something's been bothering me lately and I don't know what it is.
So today I'm going to Starbucks for the day with my laptop and a book...gotta avoid dad.
Sheesh, it's my teenage years all over again.

Hope all's better with everyone else.
Peanut_butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 04:00 PM   #3  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Good afternoon ladies!!!

Leenie- I hope you enjoy your holiday weekend! make sure you take some time just for you. I admire you for fasting. THat is something I just could never do. I can't make it through the whole day without eating .

Peanut- Oh honey I am so sorry things are so rough right now. Just hang in there and they will get better! I wish therer was something I could do or say that would make everything better, but there really isn't so just know we are here for ya.

Well this morning I started out my day at 5:15am. I got up showered and was at the gym at 6:00. I did 5 laps in the pool, my circuit training, and 15 min on the eliptical. I didn't have time to do the full 30 min cause I had to come home and get ready to go to the hospital to have the echocardiogram done and get the holter moniter put on. I got home from that at around
11:45, grabbed some lunch and went back to the gym did 15 more min on the eliptical and the played around on the basketball court shooting baskets for another 15 min. and talked with my trainer for about 30 min. and then stopped to get some stuff at the store and now I'm home and I'm fixing to go play on my new 14 ft trampoline that DH bought for me and the kids. I'll check back later.
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 08:12 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Ladies,

Pnut sorry your dad was being a jerk. I hope your day was a good one despite that scene. Hope you had a better day with food I know how hard it can be. I have more of those days than I'd like to admit.

Heather, sounds like you had a great day. Enjoy the trampoline, I wanted one but DH doesn't care for them... oh well, he's pretty easy going and I wasn't gonna push the issue. We got a pool instead LOL.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey gang

it's been crazy the past few days and I've been having problems with my computer grrrrrrrrrr but I'm hoping I have it running right again.

We had a busy day with dh's side of the family today - a fish fry and lots of fixings. It was really nice weather here!!!!

Leenie - I am in awe of your fasting today! hugs!

Peanut - sorry you had a rough day today. Hope it was nice and quiet at Starbucks and that things are better this evening! hugs!

Heathers - congrats on the workouts today! that is awesome! you are doing great! hugs!

Where is the rest of the gang?

Hope everyone has a Blessed Easter!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 02:23 AM   #6  

Hi everyone~

It is so beautiful around here.........I am loving the hope spring brings..........kids and I did some cleaning today and then they went for a big bike ride with dad when I went to work.

My dd14 went to the inner city to work at a cafe for people who live on the streets. She thrives on it.

All is well........a great week balanced by fun, home, family, work and friends.

It is a blessed life.

L
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 07:12 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning, Happy Saturday

We just got done watching Annie... yes, DD and I got up early so now I get to sing tomorrow, tomorrow, I love yah tomorrow..... allllllllll day today b/c its in my brain LOL. Could be worse eh.

Liz I love Easter, its my favorite favorite holiday and time of year. The meaning is just heart warming and the flowers and trees blooming just lifts my spirit... I know exactly what you mean when you say HOPE Enjoy your day.

Cathy I was wondering where you were hiding. Sounds like your having a great Easter season.

Pnut & Heather, enjoy the day

I'm heading off to the store and a few errands then more cleaning for tomorrow. Thats about it. Its work but I love it nonetheless.

Hugs and kisses to you all.... Love, Leenie
Old 04-15-2006, 10:48 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

I'm gonna do as little as possible today, which will still mean a busy day but I'm not leaving the house....no matter what

What's everybody up to today?

Liz - it's good to see ya. Sounds like all is well in your neck of the woods! That is awesome that your dd14 is helping others!!!

Leenie - hope your day is not too busy! yea - I agree working at home is much better than working at your job!

hugs & blessings,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 02:52 PM   #9  

Happy Saturday, ladies!

Yesterday I forgot I was supposed to work...so I hopped in a taxi
worried that my co-workers are swamped with things to do.
But I arrived...and there they were sitting and eating chocolates.
Windows were filthy, nobody tending the counter, tables dirty.
I had to clean all that up while they sat around doing nothing.
I think my supervisor was punishing me for being only 30 minutes late.
So I wanted to cry during my entire shift.
Came home, and ate an entire party pack of cadbury cream eggs.
That's like 35 of them (the mini ones).
And my heart beat so fast I couldn't sleep. TOo much sugar.
Laid awake until 3 am...

And one of them made a mean joke about 'cutters',
and then she saw the scars on my wrist
and stopped telling it immediately.

So it's been 3 days in a row of self-abuse. And really, I don't know how to stop.

Have the meds stopped working?!

Anyway...

I like hearing that you guys are having a good long weekend, busy or not, as long as you're all happy.

ON the bright side, looks like I'll be seeing Marciet soon because she's coming to Vancouver
and I work at Vancouver's main attraction!
Old 04-15-2006, 03:26 PM   #10  

Hugs friends!

PNB sorry you are having a rough day..........I think we are having the same sort of day! I don't have any answers for you but in a nut shell you have to surround your self with some positive energy........sounds like the people at work aren't very nice people........how old are you?

Do you live alone? You don't sound very socially supported....I know when I am lonesome or bored I eat.

That being said my husband awakened me at the crack of dawn when he was getting up to golf to show me that the hamster had knocked over his cage through the night and its contents were all over the floor minus the hamster! Two hours later we had cleaned out the whole office and found the little critter behind the filing cabinet. I went back to bed for a little while as I had worked last night and had only had about 5 hours sleep.

I got up and had some errands to do as I have to go to work at 3 pm so I had to get organized for Easter morning and going to my brothers for Easter dinner (potluck). I locked my keys in my van and had to take a cab home and now I am waiting for hubby so I can go retrieve my van...........has slowed my day right down

What next I wonder?

L

Thinking of you!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 03:31 PM   #11  
Hot Mama

Hey Peanut, sorry you are having such a hard time. I know how it is to get stuck in the eating rut. It's hard to break out of!! Right now I have been feeling bad because I really wanted to lose weight while the hubby was in Iraq, and I haven't. He is in such great shape. I know people look at us wondering what he is doing with me. He's really good looking.

Maybe you should talk to your doc about your meds. It could be you need to up the dosage or something. Plus, having to deal with your parents fighting, and your dad acting like a jerk has to add big time to the stress.

I'm going to pm you.
Marciet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 08:25 PM   #12  

Liz- I'm 20 years old...and are you ever right >> I'm not socially supported. I literally ONLY have this forum...which is great but sometimes it'd be nice to have a physical representation of it next to me. And you got me thinking about my pet hamsters...they used to escape their cage all the time!

Marciet - from what I can see, you're very beautiful. Although I'm pretty close to my goal, I can relate to your wanting to lose before he comes back. I gained weight after the break up with my first bf, and I told myself I wouldn't see him again until I get back in shape. WEll, it's been a year and four months since I've seen him...in the whole time I was stressing about losing weight! It's tough.

WEll, I'm at work right now...it's a cloudy day at the lookout tower, so I keep telling tourists to come back another day. I don't want to take people's money when you can't see out the windows!

I missed my Jenny Craig meeting this week. So my next one is on Wednesday. And ohh whoopidy doo I'm out of fOOD!!!!! Just my luck.
And I can't stand Lean Cuisines...they used to be good until I tried Jenny food.

*sigh* ugly weather...
Old 04-16-2006, 05:00 AM   #13  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

hey ladies. it's almost 4:30am on Sunday morn and I'm awake and in severe pain. I am a dumb ***! Well I told you guys that DH got us a trampoline. Well back in high school I played basketball and during a game a girl on the opposing team got under me when I was going in for a shot and i ended up flipping in mid air and landing on my right knee. They wanted to do surgery to repair the damage but my mom said no. (she'd had knee surgery in the past and had alot of problems from it) So all these years I've had problems with my knee on and off. Well it hadn't bothered me in about a week so i got on the trampoline yesterday with no problem and today after dinner we all went outside to play around for a while (we shot some baskets and stuff) and then we decided to play on the trampoline for a little bit. THe first time up no problem I was having a blast, then the second time I don't know what happened but when I landed from a jump I felt my knee pop and it felt like everything in it was just ripped apart. I started screaming oh my god I broke my leg I broke my leg. I was bawling and screaming and couldn't move it hurt so bad. Finally DH was able to help get me down and tried to help me into the house but I couldn't walk even with his help. So I ended up crawling halfway across my back yard (about 100ft) up the deck stairs and into the house. DH had to call the ambulance and they took me to the hospital. THe Xray showed that it isn't broken but I have torn all the ligaments and cartilage completely. MY knee so swollen itlooks like a grapefruit and I am in a full length brace to keep it immobilized. I am on crutches for who knows how long and i have to see and orthopedist. The ER doc. said there's about a 90% probability that I'm going to have to have surgery if i want to continue walking. They gave me 20 mg of morphine, 10mg of phenergan for nausea at the ER and before I left they gave me a 12 hour time release tablet of morphine and some percocet. Well I still hurt but I just really didn't care. Now it feels like it's starting to wear off and I am in sooo much pain, and I can't even cry cause I don't want to wake anyone up and the only thing that keeps going through my mind isn't about surgery or recovery or physical therapy or anything like that, it's about the fact that I don't know when I'm going to be able to go back to the gym and that all the muscle I've gained I'm going to lose. i am soo miserable right now. Ihurt so bad and emotionaly I'm a wreck. I am starting to feel depressed and hopeless. I don't even know how I'm going to take care of my kids properly or clean my house. I have to take DD to school and pick her up and I can't drive. The kids have doc appts. and i don't know how I'm going to get them there. DH can't take any time off of work cause we're barely getting by now and on top of it all if I have to have surgery he will have to use his vacation time to take care of the kids while I'm in the hospital for 2 or 3 days and that means we won't be able to go see his family in July, wnich the kids are soo looking forward too and so am I and DH. Almost all of his family hasn't even met the kids. Except his mom and dad and younger sister and his younger sister hasn't met my DS and his mom and dad haven't seen them since DS was 2 months old and he's 2 1/2 now. We have 3 new nephews that I've only seen in pictures and his mom an dad have already scheduled to take off the week from work. His extended family has planned a family reunion since we're supposed to be coming out and everything , Guys I'm so upset! Well I gotta go and try to go back to sleep. I'll check back later.

Last edited by timmyshawn; 04-16-2006 at 05:06 AM.
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 05:41 AM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning and HAPPY EASTER

Heather my gosh, I'm so sorry you hurt your knee. EGADS..... it sounds sooooooooo painful. YUCK!!! Hope your out of pain soon hon, *shiver me timbers* Listen Heather, don't worry about something you have no control over. First, you might not need the surgery. Your worrying yourself sick and it might not even happen (right?). Second, don't worry about the freakin house work. That should be the last thing on your mind (I know, I know, us women think so different). Main thing is, you need to rest, let DH take the show over for now....he's a big boy and can handle it. Can any of your neighbors drive the kids to school? Things will work out hon, they will, hang in there and I can't blame you for being upset, but wait and see what happens first.

Pnut, how are you today? I'm so sorry your co-jerks are just that. I hope today your feeling better and your off your binge (easier said than done huh). Is there any sort of club or group you can join to meet people your age and have fun....like a hobby of some sort? Liz is right, you need to surround yourself with positive people, not asswipes that get you down (I know its hard, believe me). Hugs to you!!!

Liz, run away hamster... ROFLMFAO!!! I had 3 of them get loose on me once, I think they were plotting it, like a jail break. I found 2, then 1 month later found the other still alive but barely....sad little thing. Enjoy the potluck today.

Cathy YES, I'd rather be home cleaning than at work with the SARG !! LOL did you do very little yesterday LOLOL

HAPPY EASTER !!
Old 04-16-2006, 02:24 PM   #15  

HEATHER!!! I don't know what to say! Just when I thought I was having a bad weekend...you have this awful accident!
I can't imagine the pain you're in. But if it's any consolation, my grandma had knee replacement surgery and it went well...took a while to heal, but at least she can walk again!
And you're so young...you'd have no problem recovering!
Yes yes, as Leenie said, use your husband to your advantage lol !!!
Please do take care, and please update us on your progress!
Hugs!

As for my self-abuse...I didn't do it yesterday! Tempted I was...but after work I decided I'd just walk home so I don't sit on the bus wondering how I'm going to hurt myself next. Thanks, Leenie...I try to surround myself with positive people...at least I am lately. I messaged people I've been avoiding for the past year, hoping they'd make me feel the way I used to before depression hit.

Well, I'm going to work today...and I'm looking forward to it.
The restaurant guy and I are normal friends...so no awkwardness after I wrote him a kind letter of rejection!

Everybody enjoy the rest of the long weekend! And be careful!!!