Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 02-07-2006, 11:22 AM   #1  
LLV

Default Are there any foods you've burned yourself out on?

I, unfortunately, burned myself out on my pita sandwiches. I used to buy whole wheat pitas and stuff them with this and that, but I got to where I couldn't eat them anymore because I was eating them all the time. I can't even look at them anymore. The last 2 times I tried to fix me a pita sandwich, I didn't even get halfway through it and pitched it out. I used to keep them around at all times. Every time I went to the store, I'd pick up a couple more packages. Now I walk right by them, I can't even LOOK at them, lol.

I also came 'this close' to burning myself out on salad. But I backed off for a while and now I'm able to eat salad again, I just don't eat them as often as I used to. Salad and pitas, salad and pitas, seems I ate that stuff almost every day.

Are there any foods you've eaten so much of that you can't even look at them anymore?
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:26 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

cottage cheese and kashi with cinnamon and splenda Used to have it every day for breakfast Now I can't even eat cottage cheese by itself/cold - I have to disguise it in a pancake or dip potato wedges in it!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:41 AM   #3  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated
cottage cheese and kashi with cinnamon and splenda Used to have it every day for breakfast Now I can't even eat cottage cheese by itself/cold - I have to disguise it in a pancake or dip potato wedges in it!
lol, I just had cottage cheese for lunch. I haven't burned myself on that yet, but then I don't eat it too often.

Burned yourself out on the kashi, did ya? I like kashi, but I don't eat it that much either. Something about the texture that turns me off.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:44 AM   #4  
Meg

Tuna.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I can run into trouble with salad. I'm way better off chosing variety lettuces and switching up my dressings. Just lately (I couldn't find the little container for my dressing) I've taken cottage cheese or tuna and put it on my greens instead.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 12:13 PM   #6  
LLV

Now this is too funny. One of you mentioned cottage cheese, the other tuna. I had both cottage cheese and tuna for lunch today, lol! And Susan is talking about cottage cheese and tuna as well.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:47 PM   #7  

There are very few of what I call nearly perfect foods but cottage cheese and tuna are two of them. Have I mentioned lately how I admire protein

Maybe this is one of those 'great minds think alike' things.
Great losers eat alike?
Old 02-07-2006, 12:54 PM   #8  
Meg

Susan, as the Queen of Protein , you'll appreciate this from today's Washington Post: Finding Satisfaction In Protein .

Got to agree that tuna is a near-perfect food ... I've just eaten so much of it in a lifetime of dieting that the thought of it makes me want to hurl.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:20 PM   #9  

Thanks Meg, that is a great article. I buy a little magazine once in a while called Looking Good Now. I think it's by the same folks who put out Shape. It has three or four success stories with before and after pictures. Reasonable diet and exercise plans. It's really quite nice. It's latest edition has an article that says pretty much the same.
I'm feeling quite proud lately. I've been yammering on about protein for ages and finally the literary world is supporting me!

I'd better go exercise off some of my fat head!
Old 02-07-2006, 01:24 PM   #10  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB
There are very few of what I call nearly perfect foods but cottage cheese and tuna are two of them. Have I mentioned lately how I admire protein
I eat lots of protein. Dairy products, soy products, meats, egg whites, and nuts.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:12 PM   #11  
Working My Way Back Down

I burned myself out on yogurt many years ago. I couldn't eat it for more than 5 years after that. Now I do eat it, but I'm very particular what kinds/flavors. My DH on the other hand has eaten it like ice cream for years! Never seems to tire of it. I also have eaten way too many frozen dinners, and now only have one occasionally.

Thanks for the article, Meg. I've been trying to add more protein to my meals. I've taken to having a HB egg for a snack in the mornings, and protein at every meal. It takes planning.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 07:31 PM   #12  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterRat
I burned myself out on yogurt many years ago.
Ewwwwww, I can't stand yogurt. I've really tried to get used to it and like it. I've even picked up the 'fancier' flavors, like boston cream pie and all that, but I just can't eat the stuff. It's disgusting.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:34 PM   #13  

Almost burned out on broccoli--I've started using shredded cabbage, kale, brussel sprouts and cauliflower since I know cruciferous vegetables are so important.

OTOH, I am even more in love with sweet potatoes and squash. Had an awesome squash/miso soup tonight that really hit the spot.

Hope everyone has a good evening.
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 07:44 PM   #14  

Linda, Pat ... you're frightening me. A world without yogurt!

Elana! One pound! Awesome!
Old 02-07-2006, 08:04 PM   #15  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanajel

OTOH, I am even more in love with sweet potatoes and squash. Had an awesome squash/miso soup tonight that really hit the spot.
I love sweet potatoes and just about every squash, both winter and summer