Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 02-05-2006, 11:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/175/120

Default I bought a new book!

The B4L for women. I read the entire book last night, and I plan to read it again this evening. I have one huge question. (Well it's a huge question to me) In the book it lists appropriate fruits and they don't have bananas listed, but later in the book it has the daily plan with the different meals and options listed and they have bananas listed there. Please someone ease my irrational mind and let me know that I can have my beloved bananas. They are one of the few fruits that my stomach can tolerate.

Ok, I'm off of my neurotic banana soapbox now. I am so eager to get started on this. Tomorrow will be day 1!
BeatlesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 12:07 PM   #2  
Meg

I say eat the banana (or maybe half a banana, depending on its size). The list of fruits on page 106 is really limited and I'm guessing that bananas aren't on there due to their higher sugar content (same thing with cherries, pineapple, grapes etc).

Ah, but then Pamela Peeke includes 1/4 cup of dried fruit on her Smart Carb list and dried fruit is WAY high in sugar ... and after all, raisins are dried grapes, right? Presumably you could have dried cherries, pineapple, and grapes, so why not their fresh counterparts?

If you have trouble with a lot of fruits and bananas work for you, my opinion is to go for 'em. Just keep in mind that they are higher in sugar than some other fruits (but also higher in fiber and potassium) and pay attention to calories and portion size. I bananas but don't eat them every day. But I just finished cottage cheese with 1/2 banana and a little Kashi cereal ...
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 12:16 PM   #3  

Thanks Meg. I think meal #1 tomorrow will be some nice oatmeal with some banana slices and some soy milk. I need to make myself some little notes and I'm good to go. I am so ready to get this party started.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:03 PM   #4  
Mel

Try adding some more protein to that breakfast!
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 06:15 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel
Try adding some more protein to that breakfast!
Yes ma'am. How about if I skip the soy milk and add some cottage cheese to my meal?