South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 05:33 AM   #1  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Default Weekend Chat...Jan 21 & 22

Hey Chicks! This morning I jumped out of bed thinking my alarm didn't go off. I read my clock wrong in the dark and thought it was 7 when it was 5. Yes, 5 am! Grrrr ! So now I'm up and about to go have coffee. Coffee...really need coffee!

I'll be in the woods today and for the next 3 days also. I wish I could bring my dog for some ocmpany but it's too wet and I don't want to have to give her a bath before I let her in the house. The next few days will be crazy busy. So, I thought I'd get us started this weekend! Have a great day, everyone. I'll be back later on this afternoon when I get home! Ciao, bella's!

Oh, and thanks to everyone who made the wine suggestions on an earlier thread. I got Gallo Zinfandael and Yellow Tail Cabernet Sauvignon. Can't wait! Monday, hurry up!
Old 01-21-2006, 05:43 AM   #2  
Ready!!!

Pearshape I love cecil and I bet Wallice is a doll,
I Must get ready foe work,
Tazcat.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:47 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! I had another crappy night but did get back to sleep until six when Lucy decided it was time to holler.

I'm zipping around this morning putting mky house into some sort of order but I'm still living in a construction zone and not liking it one bit. Romano will be here again this morning and my darling friend Claire decided to take on a project for me. Nope, not cleaning the basement but wallpapering the guestroom! I've had the paper since early fall but my knee refuses to climb ladders so far. So there will be another room out of order. Actually it has to be put in order before she gets here as I have leftover Christmas stuff on the bed. While she papers and Romano cements, I'll continue clearing off the shelves going downstairs. I really appreciate her offer but the timing could be better! I'm sure it will look absolutely lovely when she's done - I may sleep in there tonight.

Tomorrow, I am going to go to Church and then sit on my butt all day, drink tea and read New Yorker!

Have a super Saturday, Chicklets, and stay safe and warm if you are going to get the big storm today.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:02 AM   #4  

Mornin' all. Got back from my weekly Wal-Mart run, had breakfast (omelet) and am sipping on some coffee. Saturday A.M....Wal-Mart...unpack groceries...veggie omelet....coffee - I'm getting stuck in a rut! I'm going to bust out of that breakfast rut soon though. Going to try the Bean Muffin recipe and see how that goes. Need to try something new.

Unfortunately, plans for going to a movie last night got cancelled due to weather - bummer! But, it was probably for the best because it gave me some free time to REALLY sit down and plan out my menu for the week & grocery list. Also signed up on FitDay last night, so I'm looking forward to playing around with that.

Ruth - Hang in there girl! I know it's been a long haul, but it will be worth it when the house stuff is done.

Taz - Have a great day at work.

Pear - Have a good weekend. I'm sure you'll be looking forward to the wine when it's over!!!

Everyone else have a fantastic weekend!
Old 01-21-2006, 09:45 AM   #5  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

Default morning...

hi all,
I was hoping for a quiet weekend but my 5 yr old has a buddy coming over, a wild one, hopefully I can get them outside while I finish up the leaves.

Today I have finished my first week and am thrilled. DH is getting crabby now. Is this normal? I thought the crabby's were supposed to come earlier during phase 1 and be done by now. That's ok he's off to work so I don't have to hear about it, lol.

Ruth-what are you doing to your house? it sounds massive. I hope it's remodeling that you wanted not fixing due to some natural disaster

jana-the thought of Walmart before even coffee makes me want to cry. You are a brave woman, or maybe it's just the Walmart here, one of those super jobbies so all the grocery shoppers as well as regular walmarters are there

Pear-def keep us posted about the wine. I need wine reviews from new wine drinkers like myself
Old 01-21-2006, 09:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 193.8/188.6/160

Morning all!
I had a bad day yesterday. Did fine until last night and then it all fell apart. The stress of having my DH under my feet 24/7 and 2 temperamental teens at home is starting to get to me since I went back to work. My DH is a line-haul trucker and has been off since just after Christmas - He usually is back to work by now.
I come home from a day at work and the tv is always blaring, the house is trashed, I'm tired, I have to make my dinner, one of the kids' needs a ride somewhere, etc, etc, and it's all just starting to wear thin. I just want to come home from work, have it quiet, and be able to sit and eat in peace. If my DH doesn't go back on the road soon things around here may get ugly.

But today is another day and I am going to try and get a 3 mile walk in before I go to work this morning. Work has become my sanctuary but what I could really use about now is one of my 30 mile bike rides!

Have a great day everybody!
Old 01-21-2006, 11:46 AM   #7  

Hi all! Happy Saturday? I dunno yet if it is - I am at work on a Saturday, and it is ungodly hour. Ugh. Last night was GREAT. I went to the SF Giants' winter meeting - got lots of players' autographs and even better - stuck to my P1 diet - even among the FREE (Yes, FREE) Clam Chowder and crackers, popcorn, beer (Free!), soda, ice cream...oh my! I slurped down a free water and enjoyed myself anyway! Woo! I guess I CAN do this!

Hey seachick - Hope things get better - My pops is a line haul trucker - I know how that can be. Things will pick up, they always do. As you know this can really be the slowest time of the year. Enjoy your walk, and have a terrific day at work!
Old 01-21-2006, 12:28 PM   #8  
just a few more...

um might you be a giants fan Jo? LOL sounds like a great party and way to stick with the water over free beer and ice cream, might as well say bye bye to that 61 lbs now
Old 01-21-2006, 12:34 PM   #9  

Hi, gals! I had an appointment to donate blood at 8 this morning. The good news is my blood pressure was great 100/70 even though I'm off all blood pressure meds. As usual my veins rolled and gave lots of trouble so I have both arms bandaged up. The vein that worked clotted so I'm trying to keep ice on it but I'm too busy.

We've got a birthday party to go to later. Hopefully it will warm up a little before then. We've been spoiled by the warm weather we've had.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:47 PM   #10  

Batmomm2000 - I am a huge Giants fan! (Duh.) I recently got married - and our wedding was baseball themed! We're crazy, I know!
Old 01-21-2006, 12:49 PM   #11  

Default Omg! Help!!!!

So, here I am working on a Saturday - and my boss brings in Starbucks! Is having a Latte on P1 bad? Do they put sugar in those? A few sips, or none? I can pass up the bagels, but I'd really love a couple sips of that hot coffee! HELP HELP!
Old 01-21-2006, 01:08 PM   #12  
just a few more...

not sure what's in a latte but it's probably way yummmier than phase 1, sorry.

I went to a wedding where the bride held her bouquet in her softball glove, I eloped. I figure whatever makes you happy works!!

Last edited by batmomm2000; 01-21-2006 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-21-2006, 01:30 PM   #13  

Batmom - Yeah, our Wal-Mart is a 24-hr super center, so I get groceries and all of my other stuff at once. It's usually a zoo, but if I can get in and out of there before 7:00 on a weekend morning I practically have the place to myself!

Seachick - Hope things get better soon. It's no fun when work actually becomes your sanctuary!

Jo - Great job on sticking with it through a great party. I'm also a big baseball fan. Unfortunately, I'm a Royals fan. Hopefully they'll do better this season - it sure can't get much worse!!!
Old 01-21-2006, 01:36 PM   #14  

OK - the latte is sitting on my desk - I'm pretending to drink it, so the boss doesn't feel too bad. It's about killing me, though! WHAA!

Jana - Yeah, I guess this season can't be much worse than last season - for either the Giants OR the Royals!
Old 01-21-2006, 03:24 PM   #15  
just a few more...

sfgiants, I just looked at the Starbucks website, you DON"T want to see the nutritional info for that Latte and that's assuming that it's not one of the fancier lattes. You did good girl, now go dump it!
Closed Thread