Old 01-15-2006, 09:40 AM   #1  

Default Got To Stick To It

Hello all, I am back yet again. I have been here a few times but really did not post much more than an intro. Well, its time to start sticking to it. Last time I was here, I was down to 175 doing WW and started slacking off after a couple of weeks went back up to 180. I started counting calories and lost a 2 pounds but have started slacking off yet again and need to stop eating because I am bored.

I also have not been exercising Well ok I did one day. Billy Blanks Basic Bootcamp dvd. The workout was 55 minutes, I only made it through 20 and never even got to the actual Tea Bo part of the workout. End result: I could barley walk for 4 days!!!

I am getting frustrated because I am right between sizes: 12 sags on the butt and a 10 I can button but it pushes all the blubber up I have some blubber in the thighs but the rest of it is all in my middle. Funny thing is, I used to have a pot belly, that seems to have almost dissapeared, but I get this roll above my waist and I got these "hunks" on my sides, they look as though you could just grab them and lift me up (but hey I look ok from a side view LOL)

My plan: 1200-1500 caloried per day with 20 minutes of Pilates everyday to help tighten up some of those muscles underneath the bluuber. (Hey if I suck in those muscles, I look pretty good! That roll almost dissapears!) Once it gets warmer I will start walking but I hate to take my 2 1/2 year old out in this cold. The oceanfront can be a nasty cold place in the winter. Oh yes and to start posting here on a daily basis

Ok so now I have totally vented. It helped! LOL Tommorow starts a new week, a new weigh in and I will start once again from there. Thanks for listening
BrookeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 10:04 AM   #2  

Welcome! You've picked a great place. I've learned lots since I've been reading these boards and have found that most obstacles I come across - others have come across them also, which makes the whole process more encouraging.

Yay for 20 minutes! However, if it made you to sore, try starting out with just 10 minutes. The point is to not kill yourself but to do SOMETHING

Welcome again!
1dayatatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 10:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Default Move More...That's your Goal

Try wearing a pedometer. It makes you think of extra ways you can move. Try to reach a goal (recommended is 10,000 steps per day). You can count any step you make throughout the day. Then for any that you haven't reached, take a cardio walk around the block. If you have reached it, give yourself a break and a pat on the back. I walked 14,000 steps the other day by not sitting down much at work and walking laps for 15 min during recess (I teach school) while watching the kids. Then the next day I went grocery shopping. I walked one cardio lap around the store before I started looking. The point is to move more. Sure you need to sculpt your body, excercise your heart, etc. You can go to the gym, but start out slower and build it in your regular day. Then build up to weights, cardio, core, etc. I was overwhelmed because the idea of doing those things 3 times a week was intimidating. So I made it my goal to go to the gym ONCE a week and the rest of the week, wear a pedometer to encourage me move more.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 11:25 AM   #4  
New mom to be

This is a great place for encouragement!!! It has helped me a lot. I still have some bad days but not as many, and I just start fresh the next day. I don't beat myself up over it. When I'm feeling like I can't make it that day I just log on here and read some of the posts and I feel empowered again!!! and if you ever need some encouraging words feel free to PM me!!!!

Valentines goal:

Started WW June1 '05

November goal:

1 jiggy for every 5lbs lost!!!
sassybrat25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 11:55 AM   #5  

Thank you so much for the support!! I actually do have a pedometer, just have to walk my butt to the store and get some new batteries for it! LOL I know on nights that I work I should meet or exceed that goal of 10,000. I work in retail so for 4 hours all I do is walk around

Allright, now I need to go work on some menus for the week to help me stay within my intake level LOL
BrookeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 01:52 PM   #6  
Movin on down the scale

Welcome. I have been calorie counting for 5 months (ish) and been doing good with it, I do find I get bored and could easily slip. But I work hard to keep it under control. I do not deprive myself of anything just eat less of it when I do indulge. Good luck to you!!!
GonnaLooseitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 04:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Default Up the Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrookeG
Thank you so much for the support!! I actually do have a pedometer, just have to walk my butt to the store and get some new batteries for it! LOL I know on nights that I work I should meet or exceed that goal of 10,000. I work in retail so for 4 hours all I do is walk around

Allright, now I need to go work on some menus for the week to help me stay within my intake level LOL

Good job to have for weight loss! Since your body is used to that, take what you normally do and tell yourself you want to walk X number of steps more. I walk alot on my job too, but I found myself creating more ways to walk more or faster.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote