South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 01:01 PM   #1  

Default Anyone else going back to phase one after...

the holidays?
I have been off the beach wagon for 3 months and although I have only gained back a little, my belly looks bloated and I feel sluggish and blah.

So after the holiday ( I am not psychologically ready) I am starting my new years healthy and going to the beach. I really do not have the cravings for starches, but I do need to have that purification and detox. I need that boost of weight loss to inspire me again.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/164.8/135

Height: 5'3

I started phase 1 almost 2 weeks ago. I have only lost 2 pounds but new it wouldn't be much. I plan to stick to phase 1 or pretty close to it til after the Holidays so as not to gain weight or get cravings back. If it doesn't work I will join you in a full force phase 1 again.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:17 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm sure there will be a huge influx of restarts and new starts in the New Year.
Nice to see you back, chilichick!
Old 12-18-2005, 07:22 AM   #4  

Nice ot be back. My hectic life got in the way and I ate what was handy. Now I am going to right the wrong and once again take time for me.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:35 AM   #5  
Who needs sleep?

I had the same problem - what with school and DS and all, I just didn't have the time to prepare OP meals all the time (healthy, but all those vegs do take a lot of time to prepare). So we more or less did a ph3 kind of thing, although we resorted to pizza or other quick foods now and then when severly pressed for time. Plus I could have written "powered by ice cream" on most of my essays! I gained 10 lbs back of the 19 I'd lost by the time the quarter was over. I didn't wait on the holidays, though - we started ph 1 over last Tuesday will be on it for a week. I've already lost 5 of those naughty 10 lbs again. The only non-OP things that I've had has been some honey in my tea - I've been really hoarse and croaky, and hot tea with honey seems to be the only thing that soothes my throat. Otherwise, I've been a good girl. In my case, though, it just wasn't practicable to wait til after the holidays, as that is when another quarter begins. As soon as Christmas is over, I need to sit down and figure out ways to keep OP while in school. At least I'll only be taking 11 credits next quarter instead of 15, so hopefully that will give me a little more time (so I'm not totally sleep deprived by the end of the quarter!).
Old 12-18-2005, 11:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I will be definitely re-doing Phase 1 after the holidays. I can't seem to stay away from the cookies this year, and Jake brought home some Lindt chocolate truffles that have been irresistable. My only salvation is that I've been keeping my meals OP and going to Curves 5-6 days a week!
Old 12-18-2005, 04:21 PM   #7  

I will be on the band wagon as well...........
Old 12-18-2005, 05:26 PM   #8  

I don't like potatoes and to be honest I only miss cereal and oatmeal because it is fast to make for breakfast. I will feel so much better eating healthier and lots of veggies and lean protein. I really feel so bloated lately and I REALLY have to drink water.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:09 PM   #9  

Default Me, too!!!

Well, I got off to a great start, and then school, kids, transportation problems, and Christmas got in the way--you know, LIFE! Like a lot of people, I've been off the wagon (wagon--what wagon?? ) ever since I lost my initial 5 pounds.

But, school is over for me and the kids, and everything seems to be getting into vacation mode now. It will be SO much easier to get back to the beach after the holidays. And, since I know it works, that makes it easier, too.

My wish for all of us is that, when we go to the beach once again, we're able to stick with it and see our successes together.

I'll keep checking in! Merry Christmas to all you chickies!!

j
Old 12-18-2005, 07:28 PM   #10  

Cool

Oh goodness, am I *ever*! I'll post my general story in the bio thread (I've been lurking in this forum for a bit, but need to get my butt publically kicked back in gear, so hi all!). But the short term story is that I've been completely AWOL this past month....Thanksgiving, birthday, end of semester craziness, and now final exams--my willpower does not go so far as to conquer sugar cravings and simultaneously memorize a semester of organic chemistry. :-)

*But* I'm back on the beach the moment after I finish my last exam...promise!
Old 12-19-2005, 05:40 AM   #11  

I think what gets in the way for me is the planning. I work long hours as a teacher in a charter school, then I work 2.5 more hours as an afterschool teacher so when I go home all I want to do is grab the quickest thing and plop myself down on the sofa.
So this time I am thinking about how to plan before I start. I may so some make ahead meals on Sunday when I am more relaxed and always keep bagged salads in the house so I can use them with chicken or tuna for quick meals. Soup is another option to make in advance.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:50 AM   #12  
Who needs sleep?

Chilichick - take a look at the dump chicken recipes in the recipe forum - they're good time savers!
Old 12-19-2005, 11:34 AM   #13  

Well, I have been a bad girl. I haven't gained any back. I plan to go back to phase 1 after the holidays for detox purposes. Any weight loss that results from that will just be extra. I will have to do some serious planning to have phase 1 work for me. For now, I will just try to keep my head!
Old 12-19-2005, 07:48 PM   #14  

Talking Me too!

Count me in! Just trying to hang in there through the holidays and houseguests!
Old 12-20-2005, 12:19 PM   #15  
RNMOM

Default Uhhhhh

OF COURSE!!!!! I can hardly wait! I need fewer distractions to deal with and focus on me and good eating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread