Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-04-2005, 01:32 AM   #1  

Default Alternative snacks to biscuits

Hi
I have been racking my brain and searching the net for an answer to my problem and I hope someone out there has a solution.

I have a sensitive stomach and am prone to acid-pangs and gastric. Snacking on apples, carrots and celeries make me feel uncomfortable and I end up feeling slight nauseous with lots of saliva-secretion.

So far, oranges and bananas seem to be kind enough on my stomach.

My problem is that when I'm at work, and I have a snack-crave, I want a biscuit because I want something "warm" and "crunchy" to nibble on. I have tried stocking my drawer with mints, rye crackers, rice crackers and have also tried drinking lots of warm milk tea but after a while I go crazy and rip into the office supply of biscuits.

I considered alternatives like bananas (but they are high in calories if I eat 2 at a time, and I need 2 to feel satiated) and pretzels. Are there any other snacks that I can bring to work and munch? Nuts are just like Pringles to me...once I pop, I can't stop and will not feel satiated. I'm not a chocolate fan (anymore) as I've managed to ban it completely from my diet and have no cravings for it whatsoever.

Someone help me! Please bear in mind that I'll be at work in front of a computer so non-messy snacks are what I'm looking for.
etcetc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 06:34 AM   #2  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

how about light popcorn in those small bags they sell now? would be good if you have a microwave at work.
cadwell125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 08:26 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Hi!
Have you looked in health food stores (or even some of the big grocery stores... depending on where you live... have a good sized health food section) for "alternative" bisquits? They have all kinds that are gluten-free, etc. You may hit on one that doesn't bother your stomach. It might be worth a try...
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 03:14 PM   #4  

I agree with Ellis!!! Not all biscuits (that's the same as cookies, right? Just making sure) are bad! Frankly, some biscuits are less sugary than some commercial forms of granola. Find yourself a good old-fashioned-tasting, all-natural, low-sugar bikkie and have your little munch.
MyThreeTots is offline   Reply With Quote