Old 11-07-2005, 08:35 AM   #1  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Default Weekly Chat 11/7 - 11/13

Morning everyone. Hope you had a splendid weekend! Hopefully it will be more lively around here this week!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 08:39 AM   #2  
Mikey's girl

Good mondfay morning!! How is everyone?? I hav ebeen a little MIA latly, just hanging around, working out again though, so that is a plus!! didnt do much this weekend, but did work out! I bought billy vlanks boot camp and I was trying it this weekend, talk about uncordinated! Im such a clutz!!haha anyhow, eating wise was good... and so on.. anyoone here watch the biggest loser?? I hate reality TV, but love that one!
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 08:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Good morning everyone!

The only TV shows I watch are the O.C. and the Apprentice and that's because we don't have cable so we have a gathering at a friend's place for Thursday nights. I had a pretty good, relaxing weekend. I have been doing so well journaling since the beginning of the month so I was anxious about the weekend but was able to keep it up, indulging a bit last night but still within a normal range.

Anyone seen Saw II yet? We are supposed to go tomorrow night. Reviews haven't looked too great but I am still looking forward to it.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 09:00 AM   #4  
Mikey's girl

oh no lizzbabe I wanna seee that soooooooooooo bad but the BF HATES going to the movies!!!! dont spoil it for me! j/k I hope you have fun!!
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 09:10 AM   #5  
Chuggin' along...

Good morning everyone,

My weekend was both fun and OP - wow! Friday we had a special lunch at work and I had a big ol' hamburger and some cookies (yum), but ate a light dinner and exercised, and stayed within calorie range and ate pretty healthily, too. Saturday was a FO day so I didn't exercise (well, I did walk a few miles - does walking around town because you're too drunk to drive count?), but I saved calories for alcohol so I did fine. There was a big festival in my town so BF and I lived it up and had fun hitting all of our friends' parties. We went to one friends' house for a low boil dinner, and I did not eat one of the ooey, goey brownies sitting there for dessert. I am a total chocaholic and can rarely say no to brownies, even at my strictest, so this was amazing for me. Sunday was right back OP w/ food and exercise. Yay me! However I don't feel like the pants-o-meter has gotten looser, but we'll see tomorrow for weigh-in. I think I'm being a little impatient, anyway. Finally behaving myself for *a* weekend doesn't immediately equate a 5 pound loss! (Warning: possibly TMI ahead) I feel like I've retained a lot of water this month that didn't leave when TOM did. Maybe BC related? I hate to blame everything on that lately but I feel like my body has just been freaking out since I went on BC. It's only been a month, and I'm probably being impatient again, I know it takes several months to adjust.

Paperclippy, I used to love watching food network and baking all the time, but I just had to stop. Food was (and still is, admittedly) too much of an obsession for me. Once I got serious about being healthy it was too tempting to watch Emeril and the dessert sweepstakes of America and things like that. I still cook, but I mostly use my own recipes or Weight Watchers recipes. Baked goods are a once-in-a-while treat that I take to the office, not keep at home.

I guess I should do some work. Have a great week everyone!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 12:17 PM   #6  
Stephanie

JustForUs - I love the biggest loser! I don't miss it!

Liz - I want to see Saw 2 so bad! The first one scared the crap out of me!

Megan - Isn't it great to have a good weekend. I haven't had one in a long time. I am totally hoping that I will be rewarded with a 5 pound loss, or 2!
Old 11-07-2005, 02:55 PM   #7  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I saw Saw 2 the day it came out. Jeff and I had seen Saw on the day it came out, so it was only fair It wasn't horrible--not the best movie ever, but not horrible. Of course, the first one didn't scare me much to begin with, so maybe I am not the best judge. I grew up on scary movies, so it takes a LOT to freak me out

We saw Jarhead this weekend--much better than I had expected it to be. I didn't think I'd like it at all since I'm not really into war movies, but it's more about the characters than the war, so it was good.

I DEFINITELY watch the OC (one of my girly guilty pleasures). The only other shows I HAVE to watch are Lost and Ghost Hunters (on Sci-Fi).
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 02:58 PM   #8  
Melting Butter

Hello Everyone!

As you can see I'll already in the Christmasy mood. The Holiday tickers are really cute. Anyway, I'm excited because many people are now starting to notice my weight loss. When I first started losing I was so dissapointed because 5 pounds and then 10 pounds didn't make a dent in the way I looked. And as if that wasn't enough I finally notice the difference myself. I know I dropped a dress size, but for the first time I'm able to see the difference...I was happy all last week too.

Anyway, I'm procrastinating going to the grocery store. It's fun to go and if my house is stocked with food I tend not to eat out...but for some reason I'm not feeling like spending money on food.

Humm...The Biggest Loser. I don't like it because people get kicked off. I want to see everyone succeed. Also, they sure do seem to lose weight overnight on that show...it kinda gets me down at how fast they do it and how I'm doing it. Oh well, slow and steady wins the race...eventually!

The two shows I never miss are really girly. Sex in the City on TBS and Tyra Banks' Top Model show.
healthyme05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 03:38 PM   #9  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, ladies! Hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was fun and pretty healthy, despite too much alcohol on Friday night.

I kind of want to see "Saw II." I'm not much of a scary-movie girl, but I watched the first one and thought it was really interesting... and scary. Movies about ghosts, monsters or ailens don't scare me because I just see them as fake. But, "Saw" is something that I could see some really twisted person doing, and that scares me!

For some reason, I got hooked on these "celeb-reality" shows. I absolutely loved "Newlyweds." Then, somehow I got hooked on "The Surreal Life." And, recently, my favorite guilty pleasure has been "My Fair Brady." Pretty sad, I know... I don't really watch any "real" shows!

Well, I'm off to the gym. I'm really hoping to workout hard today to get a good start to the week.

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 04:17 PM   #10  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Hey Laides...Happy Monday!

I'm fighting w/ allergies today, so my eatin gis suffering, because i'm on drugs, and my discipline is low....

Anways, I had a good weekend also. I got in some exercise and my eating was pretty good also.

Hey Jina, I am also a reality junkie. I watched the finale of MFB last night...what did you think of it all? I have heard that they are already broken up in real time.

Have a great week everyone!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 04:21 PM   #11  
PACKERS FAN!

Ahhh! I saw Saw this weekend! One word: DISTURBING!! Jdogg, I'm with you, I don't mind slasher-type movies--I like a good scare every once in a while, but this one just creeped me out. I can't believe there are people out there with such twisted imaginiations! But I did like the storyline and plot twists. I *might* see Saw 2...

Anyway... Favorite tv show... any NFL game, particularly the Packers, but any good game will do. (And yes, I am aware they lost again... 1-7??? Seriously people!) Oh, I'm also hooked on Lost. Yay, it's back on this week.

Not doing so well with eating and exercise this past week. But, I'm back in the saddle despite feeling like &

Well, here's to you. May your week be filled with successful actions...
fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 05:31 PM   #12  
Movin' and Losin'

Spill: I couldn't believe he gave in! She is only 22, and they'd only been dating for seven months, and she was pressuring him for a ring??? She was a little out of control in my opinion. But, I would be kind of sad if they broke up because I think they make an interesting couple. I was hoping for another version of "Newlyweds" after they got married! Pathetic, I know...

Fuller: I'm a Packers fan, too -- especially a Brett Favre fan! I really don't know what is happening this season...
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 06:57 PM   #13  
All That's Left of Me

My best friend made me go see SawII...I was pleasantly surprised...good movie (but more than just a little disturbing). All I have to say is that if you have a phobia of needles, don't go see it!
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 07:01 PM   #14  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! I ate pretty poorly this weekend unfortunately . . . On paper it doesn't look TOO bad, but I know that I ate when I wasn't hungry and I feel pretty guilty about it.

TV shows . . . I am a reality junkie too. I used to say "reality tv is such crap, I will never watch it!" but now it's almost ALL I watch! My two can't-miss shows are Survivor and America's Next Top Model. As for non-reality, I watch House usually and sometimes Killer Instinct. I watch a lot of the food network and the travel channel and animal planet though, and anything on VH1. I'm not regular watcher of the VH1 reality shows but if they happen to be on I will watch (so I've seen a few episodes of My Fair Brady, the Surreal Life, Breaking Bonaduce, etc). Did any of you guys watch Strange Love w/Brigitte Nielson and Flava Flav? Talk about WEIRD!

I used to watch the Amazing Race too, but family edition is not my kind of thing. Of course when it is on I will be watching American Idol also. I am a total sucker for Top Model though, that is the show that got me hooked on reality! That and What Not to Wear on TLC! I wonder if it says something about me that my favorite things to watch are either food-related or skinny-related. Hmmm.

Do any of you ladies watch Survivor? I am so hoping that Steph will win, I loved her last season and I'm so glad they brought her back! I wonder what will happen with Bobby Jon and Jamie this week . . .

(Sorry for the totally OT rant about tv shows!)
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 07:12 PM   #15  
Stephanie

OOOOOOO Paperclippy I love survivor!!! I don't know about Steph anymore though. I loved her last season, but she's seems to have gotten a little bit of a bad attitude this season. I can't believe that they voted off Brandon instead of feaking Jaime, oooo I hate him.

Anyway. Reality tv, gotta love it. Besides survivor and the biggest loser, I love Breaking Bonaduce and America's next top model too. I don't like My Fair Brady, I tried to but I just couldn't get into it. I guess after watching Adrianne in Top Model and The Surreal Life (which I love too) I have enough of her! I like Celebrity Fit Club too! I can't get enough. I'll try any show at least once!

I can't wait to see Saw 2 now. I still have bad dreams about the first one! I hear that there's going to be an Office Space 2. That's the best movie, anyone else a fan?