South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 06:22 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF Chat - September 30

Happy Friday, Chickies!

Today is such a special day for me! I will be getting heat and hot water and be able to rejoin the civilized world! Oh joy! The chimney liner guys will be here this morning. As soon as they get the darn liner installed, I will call Romano who will send one of his minions to brick in the chimney and I'll be back in business. The wall repair - drywall, tape and paint will probably be done next week. It'll be so good to get it done. I hate living in chaos!

The Girls are ready for breakfast so I'll see too them, get some coffee and be back once I'm dressed.

What's going on in your life?

(By the way, I've decided hot water is more important than potatoes! )
Old 09-30-2005, 06:59 AM   #2  

Mornin' Ladies! I feel a bit bold for jumping in the dailies so completely being a just peep and all, but I can't help it. Everyone here is so so darn warm and friendly and REAL that I can't help feeling apart of the group already!

Is it just me or does end one else here experience TLDOTM syndrome? The Last Day Of The Month for me has always equivaled what-the-heck-eat-what-you-want-today-because-tomorrw-starts-a-brand-new-month-and-THEN-I'll-be-really-good. Every month I go through this and eat like food is going out of style. And I don't just eat, I binge. All my favorites, too. Ice cream (DQBlizzard), cereal, candy (love ma good n plenty). And with today being Friday, the syndrome will be amplified because it is the end of a work week. With the help of you lovely chicks, I'm going to try to avoid that today, allowing myself one treat only. This is a habit that has got to stop! I'll fill you all in tomorrow how it goes.

Ruth, I can SO relate to your torn up house. My husband started a 1200 sq foot addition onto our home in May and since he's doing it on his own it is slow going. I'm tired of living on a construction site and want my order back! (Course, I DO have heat and hot water, so I can't complain there...) James (MDH) keeps telling me we should live in his 18' tipi and some days I think it's a good idea, but where would I plug in my computer???

Today I'm going to plan out my next 2 weeks and begin Phase I tomorrow. It feels like less of a hopefully idea and more like a goal because I have declared it to y'all. Yikes! Now I am - GULP - accountable!

Here are my stats: I'm 5' 5 1/2", 190, size 16 (tight) I weighed 135 six years ago, putting on nearly 10 lbs a year. My goal for October is to drop 7 lbs. and to exercise 3X/wk. My overall goal is to weight 130 or a size 8 whichever comes first, and to exercise 5X/week. I am giving myself an 8 month timeline. I'll be following SB of course.

I have a light day, only 3 appointments (I'm a CMT) and it's friday and I'm giving myself permission for a DQ blizzard today before Phase I begins tomorrow. It's going to be a great day

How's everyone else doing???

-Liz
Old 09-30-2005, 07:20 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

! I just finished looking at a Chinese take-out menu and thinking "Well, I didn't lose this month so what the heck! Tomorrow is a new month!" Are we twins separated at birth? Guess not because of the age difference.

I've been messing around on Phase II using my blood sugar problems as an excuse but I guess it's time to stop being a MOD Fraud and do Phase I. My weight is exactly the same today as it was two years ago when H. had the stroke! There's another excuse that's getting old.

So.....anybody else for a Phase I start or detox? We'll start a new thread so our whining doesn't bring down the Daily. (Schatzi will yell at us for being gloomy!)
Old 09-30-2005, 07:32 AM   #4  
gotta lose it!

Good morning ladies....this is a quickie post because I'm off to work & I have a cold....did not want to get up this morning! Maybe I can leave early????
Ruth - glad you will get some hot water today!
Taramoon - I think we all go through the last day of the month issue.
Have a great day!!
Old 09-30-2005, 07:37 AM   #5  

It's another Cool Chrisp Fall Morn with Big chubby Blue Jays and cat birds flittering about...!

Ruth:
They actually finished on time... Yippee. .. a nice hot soak would do yer fine tonight!

Taramoon: GLAD to have ya aboard! Ooooh I luv good-n-plenty too... but too much and they'll make you good-n-plenty fat! We'll be here for ya to help you get over that end of the month binge.......

Me: Well, I was most productive yesterday even with being a motor mouth on the boards! Carpet/couches shampooed: Check; Windows washed in n out; Check.. Today I get to deposit DH's First Pay check ! Finally money coming in !
Nothing really planned for today.. cept check out what's going on in Raleigh..as tomorrow DH and I plan to explore the Moore Street district which I think is the center of the "cultural" area... Very exciting to be living in a new state/area..kinda like being on vacation ...! Time for more coffee, and some of Pearsydews granola!

Have a FABU FRIDAY EVERYONE!
Old 09-30-2005, 07:41 AM   #6  

Soon2bFab: Oh Sweetie.. feel better.. hot tea..and Light duty for you! And, you are to stay home tonight! No out Galavanting!!!!

Signed,
Dr. Schatzi
Old 09-30-2005, 07:49 AM   #7  

Ruth...Mod Fraud ??!!! ok you had reasons for not loosing and did great just to maintain with all the life changing events in your life...... But ..... time to get back in Control !!!!!!

I'll join you and Tara..on Sunday... so start up yer Thread and let's get GOING!!!!!...and remember:

The glass is always half Full, and it's a Pretty Glass at that!
Old 09-30-2005, 08:10 AM   #8  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hey chicks! Today I'm starting a lc slimfast thing for 2 days. I know, not SB but I need to do something to jumpstart myself and get me out of this funk I've been in the last few days. I jumped on the scale and after 3 or 4 days of binging and I'm up 2 lbs. Could be worse, could be better. I had a "EUREKA!!!" moment this morning. Maybe I just hit some stalls or plateaus over the last 2 months and got discouraged by them and said "What the heck"? I don't know why a plateau or stall didn't come to my mind until just now. THose are common right? That's probably the reason for the cha cha the scale and I have been doing lately. I have to lose some significant weight b4 december when I go to CA and OR to see bf and family. So, new month, new attitude, less of me!

I got a new car the other day. A '99 Izuzu Amigo. It's cute, low miles, and is just what I wanted. I only paid 5k for it. Way under blue book for all the options its got. I'm so proud of myself. I bought it all by myself, talked the guy down a $1000 (yes, flirting was involved..but whatever..I got the car didn't I?? ), had it inspected by my mechanic....all without the help of a man. So liberating! I can't figure out what do with my old beat up car. It still runs but is going to have to have some major mechanical work soon and I don't want any bad car selling Karma coming my way. So should I junk it for $50 or donate it?? Prob will end up donating it.

We have an art fair in my neighborhood. UGGHH!! Pain in the @$$!! There are booths right outside my window all over the street. It would be cool if it wasn't so disruptive to my life. It's so crowded out there I can't even walk my dog in front. I thought I had until 5pm to move my car yesterday, turns out it was 2pm. Luckily I had driven my new one the 5 blocks to school to show everyone. Well, came home at 3pm and my old car was towed. Spent 109 bucks to get it out. Luckily they just took them to the police station lot 2 blocks from my home and it was not big deal to get it out...well, except for the $109 bucks down the drain...grrrr!! To protest, I refuse to buy one single item from any vendors on my block. If they werent there my car wouldnt have been towed!!!

Geesh!! I've rambled this morning. sorry, don't have time to respond individually to everyone. I've got an appt at nine and am still in PJ's! Schatzi, glad you like the granola! Eat a bowl or two for me, k?
Old 09-30-2005, 08:15 AM   #9  

Good morning ladies!!

Wow! Yesterday, I made out meal plans (including snacks) to go through detox starting on Sunday! WoW! At least I know I have some company.

I was horrible yesterday. BIL brought in some of my FAVORITE cookies to work. I was bad. Then, on top of that I skipped working out to work on stuff at the house and got nothing done. (DS wanted to play outside and I couldn't say no! (Besides, all I needed was an excuse.)

On the way to daycare today he told me he wanted "to play". I hope he stays in that mood b/c I intend to workout tonight.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:36 AM   #10  

Ruth we can be the Mod squad Phase 1 happenin' chicks!!

I have spent this whole week getting my head around SB. I have dropped my starchy carbs enormously. On fitday the last 2 days my numbers have been. 40% fat, 30 carbs, 30 protein. Obviously i need to drop the fats.
A week ago I was at 75% carbs,20 fats,5 protein. LOL!
Every day I seem to have eaten 1 slip up. like yesterday i had cheese and crackers before bed. The old me would of eaten the whole box of crackers and gone for more. I had a handful. So that is a small NSV.
I would say the "diet" has not given me more energy physically( I didn't lack any) but I feel more clear headed, which is nice. So my goal starting today is to really do phase 1. I am half detoxed as I type.
Our fair is this weekend. Fair food is a non issue. It will be FUN. Both kids will be MUTTON BUSTING.Which is sheep riding just like bull riding. DS came in 2nd out of 22 last year.
Just 2 kids and DD today. We are going to the Early Years group.
I may go back to the thrift shop. I picked up 2 small lamps yesterday. MAny of our rooms dont have overhead lighting. It gets gloomy in the winter months. One was a vintage sconce. I LOVE it.Only $2.00. woohoo.
The Avon sales meeting was a bummer in a way. I won an award but dont like the gift, bah. I just started in May but there are women selling $2-3000 but have been doing it 25 years plus. I spose I will get there.
I am doing well. My brain has great ideas and vision. I dont have the time to impliment it. Next Sept is a whole different story. I will have DD and 3 other in school fulltime and 2 other in parttime. Can you say ding dong!!
Bus time ...more later

Last edited by Hollyhock; 09-30-2005 at 08:45 AM.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:45 AM   #11  
Kyemom

Morning chicks!!!! Everyone having a beachy day? It is supposed to be a high of 71 degrees here today...a bit nippley!!! What are you all planning for the weekend?
Old 09-30-2005, 08:57 AM   #12  

Ruth Mod Fraud. I just got it What age difference? We both think and act like teenagers as far as I can tell.

Soon2BeFab: Take care of that cold!

Schatzi: I laughed my head off when I read "good-n-plenty fat until I realized how true it is. I admit I'm powerless over G-N-P. Hey, where do you get all that energy? I have an extra room all ready if you want to come to my house and clean!!

Pearshape: Maybe you can donate your old car to a deserving college student or Katrina victim? And thanks for the Morningstar advice - the suausage patties are devine! So much better than the real thing

Dana; Wow, so organized, you already made out your meal plans for detox! sounds like you'll be joining us in the new thread

Hollyhock NSV? I feel l ike I'm learning a new language here. Just read your bio. My word woman, how can you even doubt yourself with all that you manage in your life. Sounds to me like if you want sell $2-3K every campaign, you will! Just use the same techniques you use to sway all those kiddies when selling your product!

kye mom: nippley lol that's a riot. May I borrow that one????

Okay all. Must run to work. Later!
Old 09-30-2005, 09:16 AM   #13  
Kyemom

Sure....use away!!!!
Old 09-30-2005, 09:22 AM   #14  

Non Scale Victory= NSV LOl. I am an old pro at diet speak now.

With all i do, it is a cruel joke that I am fat. Someone once told me if I was thin too I would be unbearable. Whatever. I guess it has kept me humble.
They aren't a "friend" these days!!
I am aiming to be unbearable !!!!!!

Last edited by Hollyhock; 09-30-2005 at 09:25 AM.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:23 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Good Mornin' Ya'll

Ruth-it's good to see the light at the end of the tunnel!!!

Taramoon-this board is great, I felt welcomed to jump in the daily chats too, everyone is so nice here.

Soon-feel better soon

Schatzi-you are such a peppy person, you make me smile in the mornings

Pearshape-I too did the cha cha thing this month, I know how frustrating it is. Congrats on the new car, it is pretty cool when you do it on your own!!!
Oh, the fair in your neighborhood, is it St. James Art Fair?

Me, doing pretty good this morning, kind of disappointed in myself though, DH decided he wanted pizza last night and I told him to get what he wanted (he is suppose to be doing SBD with me) I decided that I would eat the toppings off of 2 pieces...but I did have the toppings off of 2 pieces and a whole slice as well. But no weight gain this morning same 'ol same 'ol as it has been most of the month? Don't understand it.
DH is going fishing all night tonight w/ his Dad so I have the house to myself until DSS comes home from work around midnight. I just don't know what to do with myself, this doesn't happen that often!!!!

Ya'll have a great Friday and talk to you soon
Closed Thread