Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 11:39 AM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Scrumptious Sunday Menu, July 31, 2005

Good bye, July!

Breakfast: 1 1/4 cup Shredded Wheat and Bran cereal with skim and fresh blueberries

Lunch: Eggbeater omelet with FF feta cheese

Snack: Fresh chrries

Dinner: I had to change my dinner. I just realized that I shouldn't be eating Chinese food on the night before my weigh in, especially with my period. So instead I'm having a Chipotle burrito bowl and adding brown rice made at home. I'll also have some guacamole. I'll have this tomorrow night.

Mixed greens salad with tomato, mushrooms, FF honey dijon and Core Chicken Fried Rice (pea pods, water chestnuts, scrambled eggs and healthy canola oil)

Snack: FF/SF pudding

Last edited by Vickie; 07-31-2005 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:53 AM   #2  

breakfast - canadian bacon & cheese omelet w/grits (1pt)
snack - oatmeal (I was hungry, probably the smell of the roast cooking!)
Lunch - Big pot roast w/onions, potatoes, carrots, brussel sprouts
snack - popcorn
Supper - Left over roast, carrots, onion & green beans
Dessert - fudge pop (1pt)
Old 07-31-2005, 03:45 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Hold on -- I have one more day of July before I kiss the old life goodbye!! Breakfast was nothing. Lunch was Taco Cabana and a margarita, but THEN ...

Judd and I went to the Farmer's Market in downtown Dallas. We bought sweet corn, new potatoes, tomatoes, squash, green onions, green beans, purple hull peas, cherries, peaches and plums. And so tonight for dinner!!!!

Corn
Sliced tomatoes
Purple hull peas
Squash
and Jiffy cornbread. I'll have to either only have a small piece of figure out an alternative like polenta cakes.

Then for the rest of the week (except for Tuesday night when we're going to a ballgame) we'll be eating fresh vegetables. Yummmm!
Old 07-31-2005, 03:54 PM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, I've got 2 corn "bread" recipes on our board; one is corn cakes and the other is more Jiffy-like. Both are good, although a trifle dry.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:03 PM   #5  

Do you know if there's something to make it less dry? Like adding more wet ingredients? I'll have to go check them out, because we're out of Jiffy mix anyway and if I can keep from going to the store, that would be GREAT!
Old 07-31-2005, 04:17 PM   #6  

Oh shoot -- I found them but don't have any FF yogurt, and each recipe calls for it. I might as well go to the store and get Jiffy for the others, and yogurt for me. Do you know if cream style corn would be Core? I could add some of that into the batter and maybe it would be more moist.
Old 07-31-2005, 05:19 PM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

Cream style corn isn't Core. But, I bet you could add more FF yogurt to make them moister. I've always been kind of a chicken about altering baking kind of recipes. Maybe you could add FF condensed milk?
Old 07-31-2005, 05:30 PM   #8  

Okay, I'll add more yogurt. I was thinking the cream style corn would be too much moisture anyway. Or, since it's only for me, maybe I'll just make it according to the recipe and put extra spray ICBINB spray if I need it. Thanks!
Old 07-31-2005, 06:46 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

you girls are making me hungry for cornbread. sounds yummy! i haven't made the mexican polenta casserole since it got so hot outside. i try not to heat the kitchen in the afternoon. maybe i could make it in the electric skillet outside. what do you think?

okay now for today:

b--shredded wheat, ff milk, splenda (i nuked it for 2 minutes and it was fabulous!) next time i will cutdown on the amt of sw, though. it was very filling.
l--cracker barrel--grilled catfish fillet, turnip greens, pinto beans/onions (NO CORNBREAD OR BISCUIT!!!!!)
s--cherries
d--salmon patties (the ones i was going to make about a month ago. ), lo tenata and chili beans/ketchup
s--sf/ff chocolate fudge pudding.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:01 PM   #10  

Thumbs down corn bread

is it true - I can ,make core corn bread and have it every day?
Closed Thread