South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 11:02 AM   #1  

Thumbs up Phase I Start - July 25

Just wondering if anyone is starting P1 today? I had all intentions of starting again but I was in such a rush this morning I figure I would start at lunch. Thanks for any advice and any tips!

Jacquerlyn
Old 07-25-2005, 11:32 AM   #2  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Yep, I am...again.....
Old 07-25-2005, 11:37 AM   #3  

Okay girl, we are gonna do it this time!!
Old 07-25-2005, 11:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

I've just finished P1, and had tried at least four times previously to do it. I did it well this time and the things that helped me this to succeed this time are:

I planned my meals. May sound boring but it didnt leave me with difficult choices. I knew what I was due to eat and when. I just planned 3 or 4 days ahead, made out a menu and shopped for it. I didnt cook different food for DH - he ate South Beach for dinner every night. I would just add potatoes or rice or whatever starch to his plate. He says he hasnt eaten so well in years!

I made sure to eat my snacks.

I drank gallons of water.

I made certain never to let myself get hungry. When I was hungry, I ate.

I also made certain to eat food I like, not just food that is supposed to be "diet". Example, I'm not crazy about cottage cheese. In the past I would eat it, say at lunch, because I thought it was a good diet food. This time I ate what I wanted so long as it was SBD legal. I've really enjoyed my food this past two weeks.

I've eaten lots of veggies as per the recommended serving sizes for each meal, and also I was sure to eat at least a serving of beans/legumes every single day.

There were some tough days. But mostly it was easy. And I was craving free - for me that was the greatest achievement. That was worth more than losing the 10 pounds I've released.

You can do it!
Good luck
Old 07-25-2005, 11:57 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'll make this into "Phase I Start - July 25". Best wishes to you all!
Old 07-25-2005, 04:36 PM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Count me in...I ate too much NSA ice cream lately, and the cravings came back. There may be something to the theory that even sugar alcohols can cause cravings!

I'm SO close to ONEderland, and I figure this will get rid of the cravings and pop me over the fence. My good carb binge yesterday in preparation for today popped me up to 206.5, though!

We can do this, chicas!!!
Old 07-25-2005, 05:19 PM   #7  

I am starting or shall I say continuing part #1 this week. Didnt have a very good 2nd week on SBD last week and had too many burgers but didnt help my weight loss!
Old 07-25-2005, 05:20 PM   #8  

I started phase 1 on the 24th... so I will join in the thread.

I have been preparing lots of meals in advance and drinking loads of water!
be back later - must go and get my daughter out of bed.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:34 PM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Marianna has just changed her user ID from Artemis02 but she plans to keep her goddess status!
Old 07-25-2005, 11:55 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
Marianna has just changed her user ID from Artemis02 but she plans to keep her goddess status!
always Ruth... always - particularily first thing in the morning

Thanks for changing it for me!

I am finding phase 1 easier this time to be honest. I really have thought out my meals and have readily available stuff in the fridge the whole time.. drastic weight loss isn't my goal for this phase, but ridding myself of cravings... because they sure can get nasty at times.

How is everyone else going?
Old 07-26-2005, 12:09 AM   #11  

I started SBD on Thursday for the second time. The last time I started was a week before Thanksgiving. I pretty much gorged on hashbrown cassarole and never looked back. So here I am again. As mentioned earlier I think my biggest challenge is planning. I am not a picky eater. I'll eat whatever is in the fridge. So, if veggies are in the fridge..I'll eat them. So a big goal for me is never letting myself get to that "bare refridgerator" state. Because then I make bad food choices. Also, I'm trying new things to eat. Last time I lived on Taco Bake until it made me want to puke. Variety is the key here. But so far so good.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:38 AM   #12  

Good luck chicks!
Old 07-26-2005, 12:22 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 248/248/170

Height: 5'7"

Default starting July 26

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am really serious this time, hubby and I have personal trainer at the gym (we joined 6 months ago and never go) so now he is helping us. It was very embarrassing when he measured us, my hubby has smaller measurements all around and my fat was 42% but he said I had a lot of muscle (I guess you just can't see it) anyway he gave us this diet that was so gross I told my husband I am going on phase 1 of SB (ex of diet from gym) can of tuna mixed with mashed potatoes yukkkkkkk the Dr told us both to go on SB so I am following Dr advice. I really like this site it seems everyone helps each other and I need that, I have played around with low carb diet since the 70's when Dr Atkins diet book first came out, my parents were following it, anyway I love to laugh (instead of cry) about my weight, I know it is not really funny but that is how my family deals with the pain of being fat. I asked the trainer at the gym, wouldn’t be nice if my parents gave me the genes of Lance Armstrong (7 X tour De France winner) then at least I would have a good foundation, but my parents and grandparents love food and hate exercise , so I need to work harder anyway glad to be here

thanks

Lynne
Old 07-26-2005, 04:34 PM   #14  

Me too! Me too! I started phase 1 again today (I intended to start yesterday, but had a SB Meal Replacement Bar, other than that was good)

I have tried many, many, many times to diet before; but this is my second time starting phase I on SB. About a month ago, I had tremendous success on P1. The pounds just melted off... then... uh... the 4th of July came around... and... uh... just one "normal" day snowballed into weeks of "normal" (translated: out of control) eating.

Anywho... back on the old wagon. Of everything I've tried, honestly, SB has made me feel the best about my eating habits.

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
P1 gets much easier after the first few days.
Cheating=Returned cravings
Old 07-27-2005, 04:05 PM   #15  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies I'm in week 2 of 3 in phase 1 In week 1 we overindulged in cheese NOT a good idea I want to keep up with my husband and not let him weigh less than me!
Walnuts are a great snack Its taken me all day and I'm not even done with them (love the fat taste of them) and Grape tomatoes
WE CAN DO IT!
Closed Thread