Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-16-2005, 07:56 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Weekend Chat - July 16th & 17th

Good Morning Ladies,

Its a cloudy gray day in NJ. Whats doing by you?

Last night I was giving my DD a shower and she fell, the poor thing cracked her chin open. We put some tripple antibiotic and a bandaid on it but this morning it looks like she might need a stitch. As soon as DH gets home we'll take a better look at it (she won't show me, kids LOL). He should be home any minute.

Other than that my weekend is pretty much cleaning and cooking.

How about you ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 09:01 AM   #2  
CIN

Good Morning,
Oh Leens poor baby girl! Why do they always hit their pretty little faces? Hope she is alright!

It is cloudy and sprinkling here but we need it so I wont complain.

Josh my 5 yr GS spent the night.now he kept me a little busier! He is excited because we are going to Sam's this morning to pick up a new prescription I need.He says Sam's stands for SAMples! Ha! He loves all the free food ( who doesnt? ) Five year olds are so precious! I find evidence of his presence all over the house !

Liz..you are in my prayers today. I think it is awesome to set up candles and photo albums and make this day a special day to remember him!

My goal for the day is not to nap until afternoon. I am trying to do a little more daily around the house. It feels good too!

Next week I am "visiting" my WW meeting rooms to see my members and tell them when I hope to return!

Tomorrow I hope to go to church for the first time in many weeks.hope they dont SQUEEZE me too hard with their hugs!

Until later
See ya!
PS Cathy.have fun meeting your friend.................!

The sweater was awesome....................to the person who posted the picture!What talent!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 11:03 AM   #3  

Morning

Thank you for all your kindness and support....I have been able to remember Zachary with joy today.......I still miss him enough that it takes my breath away but I am focusing on my sweet 2 year old and all his antics and joyfulness.

Have a great day Cin. Glad you are feeling stronger each day.........just listen to your body it knows best when you need to rest.

Leens I would be very surprised if dd doesn't need a stich....the chin is a tough spot, the only thing is I think they only stich if it is unde 12 hours since the incident, but I'm not sure. Let us know what happens.

It is pouring rain here. We are babysitting 3 kids under 8, I was really looking forward to letting them run through the sprinkler and jump on the tramp.....they will be here from 1030-630..........any ideas?

I have a work BBQ tonight hubby is convinced that the rain will stop by lunch time and things will warm up.

Have a great day everyone.

LIz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 01:10 PM   #4  
prepare for the BEST time

Oh MY, 3 kids under 8 and trapped in the house???? hmmmm, a game of Twister? dance to some music? (If you've got girls, let them play dress-up and give them some old make-up?)
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 01:12 PM   #5  
CIN

Liz
Coat them again and again with sunscreen & let them play under the sprinkler alllllllllllll the time!
Old 07-16-2005, 01:16 PM   #6  

Oh Leenie...perhaps your daughter just needs a butterfly on the chin? but if it's noticablely bigger cut, it could scar, so you might need a trip to the Medi-merge.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good afternoon gang!

I did some picking up around here this morning and then did a 4 mile walking video.

Liz - I woke up thinking of you today! HUGS! glad you are staying busy! 3 kids under 8 - I can't even remember what that was like - now if you have 20 teenagers - I could help! hope your day goes well.

Leenie - how is dd? did ya'll go and get a stitch? I am so sorry she fell!

Hey Cin - you sound like you are doing a lot! I like the samples at Sam's too! your 5 year old gs sounds too cute! I wonder if you went into church holding a pillow across your stomach if people would be less likely to squeeze you? you might also need that pillow while you're sitting in the pew? don't over do girlie!

MMarie - your sweater is beautiful! you are definitely talented! who does it fit? glad yu shared a picture!

Had a great time with my friend yesterday. She is from here and lives in Oklahoma and was so hungry for some great cajun seafood so we went to one our best seafood spots and had too much food - but boy was it good. She had the small platter with fried catfish, fried shrimp, stuffed crab and a frog leg. She ate every bite hehe I knew there was no way I should eat that much food so I had the small fried shrimp and fries - which was bad enough - but boy was it good being bad! Then we went shopping and talked our silly heads off.

Hope everybody is having a good day!

hugs,
Cathy
July Miles = 14.5
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 02:30 PM   #8  

Tippy - btw, I bought a jug of the Spicy Hot V8 you were talking about and boy is it good and HOT! girlie - you need to come on down to Louisiana and eat with us if you like your stuff hot like that!

I like the V8 - it is good - but boy is it hot! I'm wondering if I'm gonna get me some heartburn after this glass?

hugs,
cathy
Old 07-16-2005, 02:36 PM   #9  
Divine Gal

Default Hello ladies

I know its been awhile since I came and posted.I have been busy dealing with therapy and some issues that have come up.I have mutiple personalities is one of them.So far 5 different identities have mad theirselves known.This has me very depressed.Because there is constant chit chatter going on in my head.It also explains alot of things about my depression, nightmares, and flashbacks.I have a 2 year old personality named lynnie but she likes to be called bibi.Then I have a 3 year old who thinks she is bad girl all the time.My 5 year old personality doesn't like being alone and thats how she always feels.These 3 parts have come out in therapy or with dh or while I am on the phone with mom.Then there is Frances.She is the calm one who shows no emotion and is very intelligent.She is 18.Then there is Frannie; she is my angry one and she cusses like a drunken sailor.I am sure there are others but they haven't let theirselves be known yet.

Yes its all very confusing and very stressful.Especially when you miss time.When the parts come out I forget things and don't know what I am saying alot.I have to have my dh tell me whats going on so I can tell my therapist.

I am reading a book called "It's Not What You're Eating, It's What's Eating You" It a self help book for compulsives eating and emotional eating.I have to do the workbook stuff in it and take it to my therapist.

I am feeling alittle chaotic right now because my therapist went on vacation and won't be back to see him until the 28th.I have gotten so use to going to him; I feel as though I am going to be lost with out him.He is such a great therapist.He seems to really care about what is going on with me.

Talk to ya soon!!!

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 03:12 PM   #10  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Lynnie, I'm so sorry - that has got to be so difficult. I just can not imagine. My prayers are with you.

Cathy and CIN, thanks for the compliment on the sweater. It fits me, by the say. I already started another I was so excited how it turned out.

Cathy, your outing with your friends sounds like it was a lot of fun. Since I moved, I haven't made any really close friends and I miss that. Lunches were a lot of fun.

CIN, be really careful tomorrow. We don't want any slide backwards.

Leenie, sorry about your daughter. What did you decide to do?

TTYL.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 03:21 PM   #11  

Cathy, I think the Spicy V-8 is quite mild, compared to the concoction I brew up by hand, I use Goya Sauslito (about 8-10 drops) and about 1 oz. of lemon (makes it taste salty--cos I use low sodium V-8)....

perhaps you should get Prilosec to keep on hand.....?
Old 07-16-2005, 08:09 PM   #12  
CIN

Hi Gals
I like spicy Hot V-8 too! It is almost adictive.I have not had any in a while.

Lynnie.it is good to hear from you again.long time no see..............I dont really know what to say about the multiple personalities except I hope you have a good therapist who can help you. My prayers will be with you. I have a lot of CONFIDENCE & FAITH in God....that is where I will place you! Prayer is a powerfil resource for me!

Cathy ...OH to do 4 miles again.it may be a while but I walked a little further outside today.I ran into a old neighbor and my daughter came outside looking for me I was gone so long! Guess she thought I really "took off" or passed out one!

I will guard the old belly tomorrow at church........we dont have pews...individual theatre style seats currently.Our new 53,000 sq ft bldg will be ready in August! We have been in a temp. location for a year now!

Later taters
Old 07-16-2005, 08:34 PM   #13  
Oooo Silly Me!

MMarie – That sweater looks great!!!

Leenie – OUCH! I’m so sorry to hear about your DD *kisses her way*

I can’t stay and chat long… I hope everyone is keeping busy. I tried a new low fat recipe today. Called Pasta with Beef and Asparagus. Which… it was kinda bland tasting, but all-in-all was not too too bad. I’m finally putting to use my Dieter’s Cookbook hehehe.

Busy weekend… I’m a bit upset with the guy who is suppose to do my driveway. We made an appointment for him to come today to do it, and he never showed!!!! GRRR!! I called him and left a message to see where he is at. Waiting for him to call back. Grrr!!! So I called around for someone else to come and give me an estimate. Unfortunately it’s the weekend and so most people are closed. Sigh….

Ahh well… I had my state exam today. Well… I feel confident about my math section. The science section I might be a little off on. I’ll have to go onto the website and see when they are going to post scores… *bites nails*

Hope everyone has a better weekend than me!

Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 09:22 PM   #14  

MMarie - it was a fun afternoon. I really don't do that often - other than my hubby I don't really have anyone that I just go "have fun with" - well maybe my mom - but if you and I lived by each other I would love to have lunch with you and spend the afternoon just shopping and having fun. I hope you find a buddy soon!

Lynnie - I also don't really know what to say except that I'm sorry for all your pain & struggles and will be praying for you! hugs!

Cin - you shouldn't even be thinking about 4 miles (yet) - you will get back to it in time but you've got to be good and careful for now! Oooooweeeeee I don't know if your little 10% colon could take some spicy hot v8 right now huh!

SueMarie - you sure have been taking a bunch of tests lately. your brain should be tired by now hope everything works out with the driveway

Leenie - what happened with dd? stitches or no?

hugs,
cathy
Old 07-17-2005, 01:06 AM   #15  
Oooo Silly Me!

Cathy – Yeah, nothing but test after test after test…. I have finals on August 1st. The test I took today was the state exam that is required by No Child Left Behind. Yet another exam for future teachers and even some current teachers have to take. There’s another exam that is out there called the CLAD… something to do with multi cultural diversity, however I was lucky enough to get into the program now with incorporates the multicultural aspect into my classes already. It’s a pain! So many exams. I have to finish up another exam called the CBEST as well. This one I can start subbing in classes once I get my BA. Which I am hoping will be in march.

Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote