Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-24-2005, 12:55 AM   #1  

Default Tuesday Chat....May 24

Hi everyone.....I haven't been here for a while....DH & I have been away to visit the 2 DSs who live out of town....we went to a bed & breakfast the weekend of May 14 & 15 to celebrate our 40th anniversary...then Ds had his birthday on May 17.

Then on May 18 DH had a hemoragic stroke....we are in Victoria on Vancouver Island.......we called an ambulance....the cat scan showed a bleed in the brain stem....there was nothing that could be done. We are in Victoria on Vancouver Island visiting with DS2. The 1st night it was pretty grim....the neurologist said if he had another bleed within the 1st 24 hours he could stop breathing or go into a coma....he asked me if we ever talked about life support....we had....DH said he wouldn't want to be kept alive....so I had to tell him that.

By the next morning he hadn't declined overnight....he was paralyzed on the left side the 1st evening in the ER....he continued to improve that day....Thursday....by the end of the day he could move all 4 limbs....could grip with his left hand....push with his left foot on your hand....now he is more responsive....talking....he does sleep a lot......the neurologist said the strope has to dissipate.

The I.V. & catheter are out....he is off the oxygen now.....when he is more stable he will be sent to the hospital where we live by air ambulance......it's 500 miles north of Vancouver....will be there many weeks....so we are taking it 1 day at a time.

I will stay here in Victoria until he is sent to our city.....I am doing ok.....it's a good thing for the Celexa....we had 2 months of my feeling really good before this happened......I know I have to keep up my strength....so I am eating properly.....doing Core....don't have to weigh or measure food....after doing it for 2 months I don't need to look at any Core lists....I know it inside & our.....just bring healthy food to the hospital for the day.

Well that is about all there is....I am hanging in there....1 day at a time.

April

Last edited by april99; 05-24-2005 at 01:01 AM.
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 09:18 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Oh April! Thank God your husband is strong that is alot to to go through. You are an amazingly strong woman yourself. I'll be praying for your DH.
THank you ladies for your words of support yesterday!
SueMarie you are one busy lady and when I read you wanted to rent a bobcat I read t hat wrong and Thought you were getting the actual animal So much for sanity!
Marble Thanks for the PM lady I'm going to the seminar Thursday and if this guy doesn't float my boat I'll hit you up for some names
OH have you ladies tried the diet vanilla coke with splenda? for my NJ chicks at A&P 12 packs are on sale for 1.99 its really good and no chemical aftertaste now if only I could find lime
back to the salt mines!
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 11:54 AM   #3  
prepare for the BEST time

ooohhhh diet vanilla coke, YUM.... thanks for the sale notice! My favorite is the diet coke with lime too....and a splash of rum...Haven't you guys seen me in the Captain Morgan commercials.....I'm the one standing on one leg.....

OK here's another goodie....Sunlite Potatoes! They are in NJ in the produce aisle, they have 30% less carbs than a regular Russett potato...some type of new hybrid. Absolutly GREAT TASTE!, no spots, or eyes, thin skin type but VERY bakable, $1.99 for 3 lbs. at pathmark.

Hi April, FYI, I worked with a woman who's husband had a very similar episode, except he was in a coma for 3 weeks......(age 74)....He completely recovered and is leading a normal life for the last 4 years. have faith and take care of yourself.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 01:53 PM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Marble thanks for the tip I'll have to see if Shoprite has it. .. the only pathmark I know is in the NB vicinity and that's a hike for potatoes
Today is DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGIN
I ran to the store and grabbed a salad for lunch. . .ofcourse after I ate it i looked at the nutritionals 350 calories and 28 grams of fat ugh! and I'm not full grrrrr back to work!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 02:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good afternoon chickadees!

We had a graduation and supper last night, so we got in around midnight, so of course, I did not get up early this morning and exercise, but I have my sights on tomorrow morning. Maybe tonight will be normal around my house and I will be able to get to bed at a normal time.

April, April, April - I am so very sorry to hear about your dear hubby's stroke! You are so right, you will need to take care of yourself and keep up your strength so that you can take care of dh. I will keep you both in my prayers! Please keep us posted.

Hey Kierie - I'm gonna try the diet vanilla coke! sounds yummy!

Hey Marbles!

where is the rest of our gang today? everybody must be busy busy busy!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 02:50 PM   #6  
Walking by faith

Smile Hi Ladies

April: My prayers are with you and your DH I'm glad to hear that he's recovering. Please keep us posted..and take care of yourself!

Leenie: Come out and play when you can

Kierie: I know what you mean..I love the Wendy's Mandarin Chicken salad, but the dressing is a killer!

Marble: I'm (pretty much) standing on one leg, but I don't have a drink in my hand !

Cathy: I'm glad your graduation festivities went well. You'll be back in the swing of things in no time!

Does anyone here have experience with selling things on E-Bay? I was thinking of selling a few items. Any advice would be appreciated!

Hope everyone has a blessed day!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 03:15 PM   #7  
prepare for the BEST time

Kier; If you came to Pathmark, you could visit me.....I'll meet you at the dollar store!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 05:46 PM   #8  

HI everyone
April my thoughts are with you.......one more example about how life can change in a heart beat.........hang in there

Everyone else........hello and be well!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 09:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Joanne, that is another one of those things I have never done - I've never sold or bought or ebay. I'm sorry - wish I could help!

hey liz hugs!
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 11:47 PM   #10  

Hi everyone....it is rather late in the day....but I am here.

Thank you everyone....yes....Liz....life can change in an instant....life is precious....we were having a great time visiting our kids out of town & our getaway.....then it all happened in an instant.

I always wondered if I could handled it if some type of medical emergency came up.....because you are emotionally attached to your family......but I realized I am stronger than I thought I was.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 11:57 PM   #11  
Oooo Silly Me!

silly me I posted on the wrong day!

SHHHHHhhhhh!!! *whispering* I not suppose to be here… My psychology teacher cancelled our 2-4 class, and I decided to skip my chemistry 5-9 class. BUT! I have a very good reason for this. I have a psych paper due Thursday and a midterm in Calculus to study for… I’m taking advantage of the class cancellation to come home at 2 instead of 9 and work on stuff.

Marblefly – defending thesis is for Masters degree… BUT I defend my paper for my Honors program when I turn it in as long as it is before I graduate. So anytime between now and December Thanks you tho!

Homebound – the stress has driven me to put a padlock on my fridge… actually… I’ve been doing a bit better… but yes I have a lot of stuff I gotta get done. :’( I just hope I can get it done on time!

Cathy – I just hope that after my name gets changed to “Busy Sue” that it doesn’t like Jinx me and I end up getting nailed with crap loads of stuff LOL. Unfortunately we are going to have to cancel our vacation this summer up at Pismo My SIL (soon to be) got us 3 free nights at the hotel we always stay at… Unfortunately I dunno if we are going ot be able to take advantage of it now…. *sniffle*

I hope everyone is doing well… anyone think they can lend me a hand with all my To-Do stuff? Actually… lend me a hand, and arm, a few legs, and a few other body parts and I think everything will be alright I will take some before and after pictures of the backyard and show you what I turned it into after everything is done… assuming we got the money to get it all done. I’m going to be applying for a second job, well not really a second job, but I thinking about applying for summer school for work. They looking for someone instructional assistants to help out during summer school… extra income can really help BIG time during all this money spending happiness we’ve done. We shall see tho…

Take care everyone!
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote