Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-23-2005, 10:37 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Monday's Chat - May 23rd

Good Morning Chicklets

Whats shakin ?

DON'T FORGET THE EXERCISE THREAD (its not what you do, as long as you move, just post it.... we need motivation no matter what form its in)

boss is here...can't play
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 11:08 AM   #2  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Hi, everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well. I have reached the limits of my stress tolerance!! HELP!!! I have so much going on, it is ridiculous. I need to slow down and make sure I take care of ME, as well as everyone else. I am sure you all can relate. I am still job-searching, my husband is very unhappy with his job, and talked to me about it this weekend, we have financial pressures (which me finding a job will help ). Our dog is not feeling well and I am worried about her, so probably will take her to the vet ---money and I will miss going to work on job stuff this morning. My Aunt is not doing well and refuses to make any decisions to help herself, or accept help, so my oldest daughter and I visited her on Saturday, which was very distressing, and I am not sure we got anywhere, I gained a pound this week, darn it...blah, blah, blah. You get the idea. I feel like my head is going to pop off!! SOOO, I am going to do my best to have a "day off" for me today. Just try to slow down and do some nurturing things. Thanks for listening, guys. I hope everyone has a good day.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 12:05 PM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
We being watched alot more at work now that's why I didn't post last week much. Belle You look Gorgeous! I made up with MIL I'm back up to 203 so I'm changing my sig bleh and Thursday I'm going to a seminar for WLS it doesn't mean I'm going to have it I just want to investigate. A WW thread totally ignored me after I mentioned it. I got soaked in the rain friday. . .Sopping wet and now I'm all creaky but I'll survive
Quiet weekend we sat out in the sun on Saturday and Sunday I gave myself a mini spa day.
hey Leenie
Kathy justtake it one day at a time and remember to breathe!
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 12:25 PM   #4  
prepare for the BEST time

Hey Keir, Leenie, Kathy and everyone:

I am seeing results in my buttisimo and the mid section, maybe next week I will have the courage to step on the scale....

Kier, I know 3 people who have had WLS, 2 are doing BEAUTIFULLY and one poor soul has eaten her way out of it, she has true *issues* about hoarding food and never followed through with a healthy lifestyle...

Any type of surgery or medication is a personal decision about your health, not for others to judge you.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 01:16 PM   #5  
Oooo Silly Me!

TdKathy – Hi! I know how you feel! There is never enough time in a day to do anything! Check this out:

I graduate in December, trying to figure out calculus before my midterm on Thursday, trying to plan a wedding (tho that’s not going far with to much other stuff going on), got a HUGE paper due on Thursday as well... calling city to rent a dumpster, calling an equipment rental place to find out about renting a bob cat, gotta get all this done by the weekend, we have a pool being delivered and have to have the backyard prepped, but in order to do that we have to clean out the WHOLE backyard (hence why i need a dumpster and a bobcat) on top of that, I have a 10 page report I have to do for my Honors for my degree which is due in August …among that a few other small things, OH! and of course the necessary other crap that pops up, like my mom or my sister calling me over for help and other things. EEK! *hyperventilating* BREATH IN BREATH OUT…

Okie… We just need a big hug and some breathing space…

GREAT BIG HUGZ TDKATHY!!!

I don’t wanna weigh myself with all this stress going on, but I do know I’ve been doing sorta okie with my eating… I think I’ll just take a week or two off before weighing myself again… it might be discouraging if I see I gained weight back… I want off this weight loss roller coaster…. Once I can get things situated and less hectic I will work harder at doing much better with my program.

Take care everyone…
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 01:20 PM   #6  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Thanks, guys,

Sue Marie, I think you have me beat! Good idea not weighing when things are so hectic. I have just made a commitment to weigh every week since I started doing WW. Hugs to you, too, Sue Marie, . Hang in there.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 02:03 PM   #7  
prepare for the BEST time

SueMarie: When are you defending your thesis? congrats!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 02:06 PM   #8  
Walking by faith

Wink Hello Ladies!

It MUST be Monday

Kathy: I'm sorry you're going through so much...I can definetely relate! Sometimes you've just got to step away from the mess and take care of yourself. Enjoy your "day off"

SueMarie: WHOA! You're got enough going on for ten people! Just try to take one thing at a time, and don't let the stress drive you to the kitchen . Good luck on your exams!

Marble: Keep working on that buttismo . You're an inspiration!

Kierie: Don't get discouraged over your gain . I had to change my ticker last week too , but I'm starting to get back on track. Your "spa" sounds like a wonderful idea-hope you enjoyed it

Leenie & Kierie: I'm sorry that the are lurking around. Please post when you can. We miss you when you're not here

Cathy: Did you survive graduation weekend? Come and say hi when you can

Lynnie: How are you doing? Please check in with us!

Liz & April (and anyone else from Canada): Have a nice Victoria Day!

Next Tuesday is my big day: a bone scan, and a 3-D CT scan to see what shape my ankle is in. I have to go to St. Augustine (FL)..75 miles down the road...and spend most of the day there. At least we can do a little sightseeing between tests. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

Hugs to everyone!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 03:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good afternoon girlies!

yes we had a great weekend - ran around like crazy people - but everything well well!

I have one more graduation that I have to be at tonight, and then tomorrow, things will be back to normal! yea right!

Leenie - I haven't forgotten the exercise thread! I am very excited about it! I just haven't done anything that counts as exercise - but will post as soon as I do. I'm hoping I can drag my buns out of bed early tomorrow morning and get it in. We shall see. guess it depends on how late we are out tonight. I see you are planning to walk on your treadmill tonight! good for you!

Kathy - hugs! hope you are getting to do some things for yourself today!

Kierie - I have 3 friends that had WLS and are doing great. I was with one of them the day after she had the surgery and I didn't realize how drastic the surgery was. She would do it again in a heartbeat tho. Sometimes people get busy on the threads (I know me included) and just don't comment on stuff - perhaps it was just an oversight - but regardless there is a WLS board here at 3fatchicks that I'm sure would have a lot of insight too.

Marble - you should be seeing results! you are literally exercising your buns off! you go girl!

Sue - we gonna change your name of BUSY SUE! hugs!

Joanne - girlie how ya doing? I will be praying for you! please let us know what you find out from the doc!

wonder where the rest of our gang is at?

hope everybody has a great day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 03:39 PM   #10  
CIN

Hi Gals
This is a drive-by hello!
Heading to lead 2 more meetings!
Later taters!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 05:59 PM   #11  
Oooo Silly Me!

moved to tuesdays chat... grr posted on wrong day

Last edited by SueMarie301; 05-24-2005 at 11:55 PM.
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote