South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 04:08 PM   #1  

Smile Starting Tomorrow

Hey there,
My name is monica and I am 33 years old and have two children. I've been looking into the South Beach Diet and I am buying the book this afternoon after school gets out and going to read, read, read.

I will officially be starting Phase 1 tomorrow morning. Anyone have any advice???

Thanks
Monica
Old 04-20-2005, 04:16 PM   #2  
Working for the Cruise!

SHOP SHOP SHOP! You want to be prepared. The first 3 days are going to be "tough" and you'll want On Plan Snacks On Hand for emergencies. Preperation is the key to this diet!
Old 04-20-2005, 04:19 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to The Beach. Yes, you must definitely plan. Aside from reading the book, please spend lots of time in our Frequently Asked Question Section. There is lots of excellent info there inclusing the REVISED Phase I food list which is not as restrictive as the one in the book.
Remember you can have dairy and good fats and carbs so should not feel restricted.
Good luck but rely on skill and planning.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:20 PM   #4  
A Lily from my yard!

Welcome aboard! Ditto what Adia said! Preparation. Make sure you check out the updated food list in the F & Q section. Look forward to seein ya playin in the sand with us.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:59 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Monica, welcome to the beach! I must admit, though I totally understand your enthusiasm, that you will be better set up for success if you give yourself a week before starting. Use that week to read the book thoroughly, ask questions here, read our FAQ carefully, toss out all of the bad food in your house, research recipes (use our recipe forum for great ideas!) and shop for lots of delicious OP food. This will set you up for success and make Phase 1 a breeze. Think about it, okay?

If you search for shopping and Phase 1, you'll find several threads in the forum that tell you more about what to buy. I'll see if I can bump one of them up for you, okay?

Congrats on making a great, healthy decision for you and your kids!
Old 04-21-2005, 02:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I am starting again tomorrow! I feel off the wagon when I got a 24 oz flu (drank too much.. teehee) almost over a month ago. The key for me is to make sure I am prepared and out of "danger" zones for the first 3 days. Danger zones for me are my work place, having guests from out of town, or going out of town. Yay! ?You can do this!

-Aimee
Old 04-21-2005, 11:03 AM   #7  

Thanks for all the info....I was able to read alot during my daughter's track practice so I hit the store before I went home.
Thanks for the advice and I'll definately hit the Q &A
Have a great day
Monica
Old 04-21-2005, 12:49 PM   #8  

Welcome!
Old 04-22-2005, 05:44 PM   #9  
dev

You're not alone! I'm starting "back up" again too!
Old 04-23-2005, 10:45 AM   #10  
beachbum

Welcome Meanica !! to the beach.

Hugs BB
Closed Thread