Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-08-2005, 07:08 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Tuesday Chat, February 8th

Good Morning,

Oh yet another day at home, DD was 104+ all thru the night. The doctor gave her antibiotics for her sinus infection and some cough meds'. I went to my doctor last night as well and she gave me antibiotics as well, but today I am coughing like crazy and feel sicker than the past few days..OY eh. I'm home today if you didn't guess

Other than that things are okay. How's everyone doing today?

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 09:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

awwwwww Leenie - I am so sorry that ya'll are so sick! goodness a gracious I hope ya'll get to feeling better soon! ya'll take it easy today - lay around and cuddle and get better soon!

Mary - congrats on the weight loss! you are doing great! About the abbrevations - DD is dear daughter, DH is dear hubby, DS is dear son, BRB is be right back, BBL be back later, BTW by the way - things like that. Just ask away. We are always glad to help and give advice hehehe

It is raining here today, which is a problem for the 300,000 people they are expecting at the Mardi Gras parade in Lake Charles. Usually the main street is already packed with people at 7 am in the morning trying to get a good spot for the 2 parades much later in the day, but I didn't see anybody down there yet this morning. I'm hoping to leave work early today and miss the afternoon traffic which will be horrific. On Mardi Gras I just like being home, safe & sound with my family. Mardi Gras can get pretty wild down here for this conservative gal.

I'm hoping to go exercise during lunch today. anybody else exercising today?

whassssssup with everyone today? hope it's a good one!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 10:18 AM   #3  
Oooo Silly Me!

GUESS WHAT!? I heard a rumor!!

Susan actually got up early this morning and got a 1 mile tape in

Actually I was aiming for two miles, but I chickened out

I'll catch up with everyone later I gotta jump in shower and get ready for work hehehe...

Take care...
Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 10:26 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Leenie DH brought that cold home to me and I'm still swilling triaminic bleh I hope you both feel better
Cathy Maybe it will be a quieter mardi gras
When I was in Ireland they called it Pancake Tuesday b/c you'd have to use up all your butter flour milk and sugar before lent in the old days
So everyone makes these nummy crepe like pancakes mmmmm mine was filled with Nutella
For Lent I'm giving up PB which is something I love and a trigger food
Today I thought I had a contactor Coming but no he's coming the day it's supposed to snow sigh
My excitement is i have to sign some papers and thaw some chicken to make soup Thursday
I went to PT last night and started learnign how to use my new rolling walker and basically I have to learn a new way to walk which I'm game to do but it's wierd having to do that after 23/24 years of doing one thing (I first walked independently at 5) new challenges! always good
anywho enough of my rambling I have food to post!
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 10:50 AM   #5  

Morning everyone

I ended up working a night last night............so I am off to bed now that I got the girls to school...........

Leens just curious how the doctor diagnosed a sinus infection in Grace?

Hope you are all feeling better soon and that our little crowd here all have a great day.....

Off to bed!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 11:20 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Sue BRAVO on the 1 mile, you go girl.

Kierie I don't know anyone who isn't sick these days, I just can't wait until the summer. How exciting, Ireland I never thought of putting nutella in pancakes, interesting. When is Lent? is it already? sheeesh. PB is a trigger for me too. Horribly lol.

Hi Liz, have a good rest. DD has been suffering for over 3 weeks now with some sort of nasal problems, but it really escilated this weekend w/the fever. Over the counter meds aren't helping a bit and she's been drinking dimetapp like water (well you know what I mean). She is so clogged up and puking loads of phlem (sp?) coughing, sneezing like crazy. He asked a bunch of questions as well. Last night she was over 104 OY. Ped's must see this alot, espeially lately w/everyone being so sick. thanks

Cathy I don't blame you for leaving early. I HATE traffic (especially here in NJ), its just aweful with the road rage. Be safe

Time to go lay down as well....bbl
Old 02-08-2005, 11:34 AM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Leenie the pancakes were like crepes so the nutella was spread on them and they were wrapped up
Lent starts tommorrow on Ash Wednesday and as DH is at work we'll probably miss getting ashes
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 11:54 AM   #8  
Divine Gal

Default Hello ladies

Well I weighed myself this morning and its the same.So I haven't gained or lost.Was on my CPAP machine for the first time last night.When I was sleeping I could tell it was pretty good but my nose is killing me today.That is the only thing that kept waking me.Me and dh are going grocery shopping tomorrow so today I will have to make out a list.We would have had it done this weekend but things kept coming up and dh wouldn't get home until late.

Well I hope yall have a great day, get better for those who are sick and rest lots.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 12:13 PM   #9  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Hi, everyone,

I haven't ever done this before, but I thought I would try joining in. You may have seen my desperate cries for help on this board. There is one that I just posted recently about helping me not give up. You can read that to know a little more about me, I guess. I am pretty discouraged at the moment, but I never give up, so that is good, I guess. I won't try to repeat it here. (and you can see my past posts on this board?? ) I look forward to getting to know you and offering what support I can. I am trying to follow my own way---eat healthier and less, and exercise and drink lots of water.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 02:27 PM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Lynnie, I'm glad the machine worked, I guess its just a matter of getting used to (for your nose eh). Hugs.

Kathy, its great to see you here. Your stats look pretty impressive to me lady, good job!!! Your in good company here, these ladies are awesome

I'm going to take a nap...well try to anyway lol.

hugs

Tippy, Cin, Joanne, LindaT, SweetPea, April, Lanee, Chris, Anna, Ashlie, Dee, CraftyMom, and all you lovely ladies.