Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 07:08 PM   #1  

Default New Creations # 6

Welcome! This forum is for anyone who is pumped about weight lose and wants encouragement and to be encouraging to others. There is usually a regular group here but with holidays and all people still getting back in the groove. We talk about everything from exercise to cleaning the house, cooking to cats (or dogs for you dog people ) Soooo pull up a chair and share with us!
My name is Shawn. I live in Colorado, have two grown children, three grandchildern. I have been divorced for over a year (seperated much longer) . I have two dogs, two cats (one that comes and goes ). I have lots of hobbies and would love to be at home doing those all the time! I love to eat! So here I am. I tried WW about two years ago...first on line. That wasn't the best for me. I went to my first meeting in about Feb. of last year and lost about 10 lbs. Stopped going. Gained it back and then some. Now I go every week! I started back the beginning of November and have lost 12 lbs. Not bad making through the holidays. Let me say it was tough! But I am sticking with it!
So Welcome again! I hope you enjoy our on going thread of New Creations (Just in case you want to check our other threads we are numbered 1-4 as well to keep the threads shorter. We try to start new ones every Monday.)
Old 01-17-2005, 09:31 PM   #2  
Jennifer

Default I'm Here

Hey Everyone,

How are you all doing? It's colder than ice cream here! I am fixing to watch Sherk 2 I'm sure it will be funny! I thought I would pop in and tell everyone hello and not to freeze to death! it's cold here 26 degrees. I'm cold!!!!! I better go I've got to watch this movie! See you all tomorrow if not later. I have weigh in tomorrow! !!!! See you all later!
Old 01-17-2005, 10:50 PM   #3  
No Uno Mas?

Default Hello

Wow, we are at #6. It seems strange not having all the regulars around right now. I have my fitness assessment in the morning. I don't need one of them to tell me I'm out of shape I am glad that classes start Thursday, I am bored ot of my mind Talking about ice cream...I have become addicted to WW cookies-n-cream ice cream and at 2 points why shouldn't I be?

Have a good night all.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:44 AM   #4  
tired of being fat

Default hello

Hi everyone,
I am sorry I have been missing. I have had a very busy week. On Thursday I went to work and had an accident with the slicer. Had to make a hospital trip that night and have not been able to use my pointer finger since. Then we went to Conn on Saturday morning and didn't get home till Sunday night at 2 in the morning. Anyway, with my finger being hurt I was eating terrible from Friday on and ended up gaining 1 pound at weigh in. It is only the second time since I started WW that I have had a gain, so I think I have the ambition to make sure that I lose at least 2 pounds this week. Exersizeing is not really an option right now since it will make my finger throba nd that would hurt alot so I just have to really be carefull not to eat anything bad this week. ANyway, I just wanted to pop in and let you all know that I am still here. I hope you are all doing well. I will type again soon.

TTFN, Lori
Old 01-18-2005, 09:14 AM   #5  
Jennifer

Smile Weigh in day

Hey Everyone,

It's 9:08 a.m. and I thought I would get on and tell everyone hello. I'm fixing to start my home shcool work but I get to get on before I start for my computer class. I have weigh in tonight at 5:30 p.m. I've kept up with my journal this week even though I haven't been to good on program.
I've had 29 flex points I hope I lose at least a little amount just .8 would be great it would be 23 pounds off. I will update after I get back from Weight Watchers at weigh in's You all are great friends and I'm glad I found this site ya'll are great people!

Umma: I'm sorry to hear about your Finger! I hope it gets better soon!

Last edited by Jennh1988; 01-18-2005 at 09:16 AM.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:05 PM   #6  
Happy Kitty Mom =^..^=

Exclamation Just a quickie

Hey all.

Wonderful losses this week it seems! Hooray to all who have lost.

I have something to say about flex points and I hope no one thinks I'm overstepping bounds here.

It drives me nuts to have people upset that they've used their flexies. The whole POINT (if you'll forgive the pun) is that they are meant to be used. They are there for a purpose. If you get into the mindset that they are bad, you'll eventually have a problem as you go down in target points since they're there to bolster you.

Think of how "naturally" thin people eat. They may have a day or two where they eat everything in the house and then the rest of the week they just graze on bits n pieces here and there. This is the same concept as flex points but in a reality situation.

If you think you're eating too many flex points, take a look at your journal and see just WHERE you're using them. Are you using them mindlessly? I mean, are you going out to eat, grabbing a double whopper with extra cheese and mayo and then thinking "oh boy, I just used my flex points"? or are you using them to supplement your regular eating? Or for celebrations or to hit your favorite restaurant once a week or so?

If it's the latter then you have flexies down pat! This is what they're there for, their whole raison d'être if you will.

But if you're not using them mindfully, with purpose, then stop. Look at your journal. See where you're using them and then modify that behavior.

But the thing to take away from this is:

Flexies are your friends. They are there for you when you need a point or two to have an extra slice of your mom's delish meatloaf. Or when your best friend is having a birthday celebration and you want a piece of cake AND a cosmopolitan. Or even just when you know Aunt Flo is going to make her monthly visit with cousin TOM and you must HAVE THAT DANG CHOCOLATE BAR DAMN THE TORPEDOS FULL STEAM AHEAD! Flexies are good. Eating your flexies can actually AID in weight loss. It's true. Remember, your body needs fuel to work.

Anyway, it's just my $.02 and observations from being OP for 80 bazillion years.

Huggles n stuff!

Kae
Old 01-18-2005, 12:12 PM   #7  

Cool Sick today

Hi everyone! I am not feeling very well today. That cold I was fighting is starting to win! But I am staying home and sleeping lots today. That is the best part about being sick....having an excuse to sleep and not feel guilty. Even though I still feel some guilt...I don't really feel that bad but don't want to get worse. So I will take care of myself today and hope to feel much better tomorrow.
I'm glad to see Lori back! Sorry to hear about your finger. Hope it heals quickly. I wouldn't worry about a pound! That is cool! Yes, I gained those 2.6 during Christmas But lost them this last week after staying the same. So...it is right back to sticking with the plan! I knowit works! We just have to make it a life style change.
Hey I went to Applebee's the other night...had the tilapia.....very good! And filling! But yesterday I went to Chipotle's ....Wonderfully good but OOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhh the points! I didn't even count it. Maybe I will later and see what it adds up to. They have it listed in the WW site. I'll let you know. But other that a little cream of wheat or oatmeal that's all I had yesterday. And then Popcorn at night. I love !
Ok. Well, It sure is nice to talk to you all but I should get to sleep for a while. I'll be back later!
Old 01-18-2005, 12:15 PM   #8  

Default Flex points

Yes Kae is right! That is what the flex points are there for. Believe me you will still lose the weight even if you use them.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:56 PM   #9  
No Uno Mas?

Red face 531 Miles To Memphis

Hello,

I hope all of you are well and getting in your water.. I’m a little behind right now but by the end of the day I should be on track.
Shawn- I’m sorry to hear your not feeling good.
I have lost 2 points per day now and I’m glad. I found it really hard getting in all the points. I felt like I was eating all the time.
On a personal note: I had to by some undies in a smaller size Whoohoo! I just hope I don’t lose that much up top. I’m satisfied with the size of my twins
I had my assessment this morning and boy, am I out of shape They have a lot of good cardio machines. They also have a circuit system. You start on one machine and every 30 minutes you switch to the next and so on. It take about 18 minutes to complete the whole system and it uses about every muscle and I have to do that at least once every visit. I have to go 36 times and min. of 40 minutes in order to get an A. I have a feeling I will be getting an A+ Bring it on…. I’m ready for it
Ok gang here is my plan. I just bought a pedometer and I’m going to put it to use. I looked up the miles from my house to Graceland. It takes about 531 miles to get to the home of Elvis and I’m going to walk it. I got this idea from another message board. Every week I’ll keep a tally of the miles I walked that week and I’m going to see how long it takes me. If any of you are interested and have a pedometer.. join me as I trek across America.

Type @ ya later…
Old 01-18-2005, 05:21 PM   #10  

Lightbulb Walking and pedometers Question of the week

Christina, That sounds great! Is the workout thing for school? I am guessing you use the machines for 30 seconds each if it takes 18 minutes to do a circut? is that right? Anyway, where did you get your pedometer? I got a cheapy one but it doesn't work right. I would like to get one that is good and accurate.
That is a good question..[If we were going to "walk" someplace where would we like to "walk" to? Hummmmmmmmm. Let me think about it. Ok it can't be to our most favorite ice cream store either. Has to be someplace substancial.
That is so cool that you got to buy new undies in a smaller size! I can hardly wait do buy smaller clothes! And L and I are in agreement with the not lossing too much on top! Don't want that. No I haven't been good on my water. I wonder why I have such trouble with that? I guess I feel like I am drinking all the time! But then it is only 48 oz right? I think I asked about that on another post and didn't get a response. But it is 6x8 right? Anyway, I will work on that.
I am feeling much better. Working on my puzzle. Just wanted to stop and say hi! So now I think I will go have an orange and work on the puzzle some more. Take care and Congratulations to those who lost or stayed the same and to those who gained an lb or two....no worries...[B]YOU CAN DO IT And THERE IS A NEW START NOW!
Old 01-18-2005, 06:20 PM   #11  
No Uno Mas?

Default Answers

Shawn- The circut system is for a Lifetime Fitness class that is a requirement for my EE degree. You are right on the calculations. 30 minutes on 24 machines is 18 minutes. My pedometer is a cheapy but I think it is pretty accurate. I bought it for under 4 bucks at WalMart Neighborhood Market. Once I can afford a better one..I'll switch. Other than going international the only other place I can think of is New Orleans. I just picked someplace I knew and always wanted to see..even if it is only in my imagination and it reminds me of a Stray Cats song. Yes, you should have between 6 and 8..8oz of water a day. I've been told that the more you drink the better results and it has been proven in my case.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:10 PM   #12  
Jennifer

Well I gained 3.8 this week thought I would Quick reply before I went to bed. Good Night. Jennifer
Old 01-19-2005, 09:53 AM   #13  
Mouth of the South

Good morning to you all! I'm new to W.W. and so far, it's hard but I'm sure it will be worth it! I feel like the Goodyear Blimp right about now. :blush: I brought plenty of veggies to snack on today. I also brought my tennis shoes, so I can walk at lunch. I absolutly hate working out, and I can't afford a gym membership. Do any of you have any suggestions how I can get some light cardio and weight bearing exercise in w/ out killing myself? It's been two years since I've worked out, and I want to take it slowly.

I'm super excited about W.W. I know I can do this with some dicipline, which is not my strong point. Thank God for the meetings! At the meeting Satruday (my first) the leader got on my last nerve in the beginning. By the end, I thought she was the coolest!

I hope to get to know you all better soon!
Old 01-19-2005, 10:38 AM   #14  
No Uno Mas?

Welcome Catgirl67.

This is a grat place to come for anything you need. We talk abotu anything and everything. I'm sorry I don't have any suggfestions on the exercise but I'm sure one of the other ladies can help you.

I know how important it is to have a good leader. I was on WW a few years ago and I really conected with my leader because she was around my age. She just graduated college and was planning on marriage. Because of the demands of the new job she couldn't stay as a leader. I never could get used to the leaders that brought in and "tested" out so I quit. The next leader I encounterd really freaked me out so that WW experience was short lived.
I am now completely satisfied with my leader now and I think that is one of the reasons I'm so successful.

Gotta go get ready for classes to start tomorrow. I'll check in later.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:48 AM   #15  

Hi there. My name is Meredith... I have been posting in a few other folders along the way but thought I would intro myself here....

Well... my name is Meredith, and I have 120 pounds to lose. Started Weight Watchers on Monday night (signed up) and officially started yesterday).

So that is me.
Closed Thread