Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 12-03-2004, 04:06 PM   #1  

Default Can you take anti inflamatories after RNY?

Just thought of this and thought I would put the question out there....better for me to plan ahead should I need too. I was wondering if you can take anti inflam. drugs after the surg. I have to take naproxen every day for my back and I know that it can be bad on an empty stomach. What about a lil stomach? Might have to change my meds. to be on the safe side but in the long run is this a concern for people after WLS? Do you have to have to be extra careful about drugs with adverse affects on the stomach?

Shame of it is, I've found that many doctor's have heard of the surg. but don't really know how it affects their specialty. You know what I mean? Feel like I've been playing stump the doc. since I"ve started getting checked out.

Hope everyone is doing well and losin big!

Deb
Young Grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 08:42 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

pookie is right.. but after about 3 months, if you still need the antiinflammatories, it's generally [notice that little word, there!!!!] ok to take them.

but especially at first, NOTHING BUT TYLENOL.

fortunately, most of us don't need to continue on them for very long, especially if we're talking about arthritic knees...
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote