Old 12-01-2004, 08:13 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Wednesday Chat 12/1

UGH!! It's December!! ok. Done freaking out. The scale was VERY nice to me...it's back to my siggie weight. Now I've got those "pesky" 4 pounds to lose and 6 more to get to my Christmas goal Knowing me? Not doable. I'll settle for 5 pounds instead of 10 I'm easy to please I'm down to my 1 G carb salad dressing and I've gotta admit I like it better than the 6 g stuff. But it's not always easy to get. I've got to go to the next city to get it. So of course I usually stock up when I'm there.
Hope you all are doing great OP!!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:43 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Folks I'm gonna be in and out and won't have time to read everything SORRY, this new guy is in my face LOLOL !!!! things will calm down I'm sure.

Happy Wednesday and December

Hugs
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 09:35 AM   #3  
Dawn aka Sims addict

Post Good Morning

Hello everyone

Just stopping in to say hi & hope everyone has a great OP day !!

Brenda: In my area we have the Carb Options dressing, among other things. There is 0 grams of net carbs in it & it tastes just as good as regular dressing. I have tried the ranch, italian & olive oil vinagerette. I also use their steak sauce which is good. Also now they have Heinz 1 carb ketchup which I looooove !! I have noticed now wherever I shop there are alot of things targeted towards carb people. Some are okay for people not in Induction, some not so good at all but the Carb Options products are awesome. Have you seen those ??

I'll be back later !! Its a day off for me & I will try to get some cleaning done !!
abnrmlisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 10:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

I have got a TickerFactory in my siggy too. Just had to try this. Be back to write more.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 11:02 AM   #5  
Movin' and Losin'

Brenda: Great job on the weight loss! Keep it up!

Leenie: Hope things calm down soon. You're missed around here.

Dawn: I haven't tried any of the Carb Options stuff. I may have to now that you said how good they all are.

Rachel: Nice ticker! Yours is almost to the end of the line! I wish mine was.

Well, one OP day. Here we go again. I just really want to make a pact with myself to stay OP until Christmas. I would say forever, but unfortunately that's not really realistic for me. I think I can still get close to the 10 pounds gone by Christmas if I just get my act together.

I've been walking/jogging the last few days, and it feels great. Why do I ever stop??? Tonight, I am going to play tennis with some friends. The more exercise, the better. I just hope I can keep this up.

Hope y'all have a great day!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 11:48 AM   #6  

Good Morning.

Brenda, congratulation on seeing a lower numbers on the scale. I am so proud of you. Great job.

Leeine, hope that things settle down soon at work so that you could come here more often.

Dawn, have fun on your day off.

Jina, have fun playing tennis and you are right I too feel good when I exercise regularly. When I don’t I not only feel guilty, but I feel that something is missing, like the energy I feel the next day, LOL.

Did any of you watched 80s show Cagney & Lacey? I used to watch it, I think when I was in 8th grade, and liked it a lot. I liked how strong both Cagney and Lacey were written and how believable the actors portrayed the characters. Anyhow last year I saw Sharon Glass’s biography which stated that she had gained lots of weight because of the medications she is taking for an illness; sorry don’t remember what illness she was suffering from. Yesterday at lunch someone mentioned that there was a story about her on Entertainment Tonight and they were asking her about her stalker. The interviewer told her how great she looks to which she had responded that she lost 40 pounds following Atkins plan and also since she has relaxed about looking perfect she had been more successful. I went to ET site to see if there was a picture of her and there was. I thought she looks great. Check it out for motivation. Here is the address http://et.tv.yahoo.com/tv/2004/11/24/sharongless/.

I was wondering that this time of the year is going to be hard for us, maybe even harder for some us. Anyhow, since this is my first year LC during holidays and since a lot has changed in my life I am stressing more and more about not gaining weight. So I have decided to start reading LC books again, just like when I first started, reading success stories, reading Atkins books, reading some of the supplemental books. I know that we are all busy and are real short on time but I think taking half an hour a day to refresh all the good things that this way of eating has for our health will make us be wiser and more determined on the choices we make. So as a result I have decided to read Secret to Low Carb Success! This is actually a new book for me. So here is my proposal. Anyone else would like to read this with me and than we talk about it. Maybe remind each other the points that we had forgotten or state the things we have learned. Any takers?

Have a great successful day.
Old 12-01-2004, 11:51 AM   #7  

Oh by the way Jina, yes, doesn’t my ticker cute. And you know both of us have lost about the same amount of weight, actually you more than I. Sticking to it and we both are going to reach the end of the ticker, LOL, and the beginning of the rest of our lives, LOL. You will get there, I am very sure of it.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:20 PM   #8  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, Rachel. That's a great idea about reading a book to get remotivated or stay motivated. The more I think about it, that's what I was doing constantly when I first started Atkins. I'd love to read the book along with you -- maybe I can make it to the end of my ticker that way!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 02:50 PM   #9  
Baby Steps

Sorry, can't stay and do personals. Sounds like everyone is doing great. The carb options Sweet & Spicy (no, it's not sweet OR spicy!) French dressing is my FAVORITE!! It's what I always buy. Then when I can't find the Carb Options brand I buy the regular--which has more carbs of course. Could possibly be the reason I've lost the last poundage gained so fast. We'll see if more drops off this week. That would be GREAT. Anyway, most of my headach is gone except what I have from sinuses (or allergies?). No news on my car so hoping that's a good sign (but never is). I'm off to finish stuff for Girl Scouts.
Hope you all have a great OP day!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 06:33 PM   #10  
Dawn aka Sims addict

To those wanting to reread the book you should !! I keep all mine handy & go to them often !
abnrmlisme is offline   Reply With Quote