Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2001, 09:24 AM   #1  
Net browser

Talking

Good morning everybody, here's our brand new thread. I hope you all have lovely day and I will see you later.
Old 04-30-2001, 09:54 AM   #2  

Ann sounds like your party was a hit. Men in grass skirts never fail to bring the house down. The Hospital where I used to work there was always a comedy competion every year between the men and the women who worked there. That first year I went to the big end of year bash even the Hospital administater was in coconuts and a grass skirt. As for your yoyo diet. I can tell you that even when you've been at it as long as I have you are never right at goal all the time. I think the trick is to stay with in a couple of pounds. Never let it get out of hand like say 10 pounds. Life happens around us ( that is a good thing )and as long as we stay focused on keeping our weight in line we do good. We still need to enjoy this life and like it or not every thing we do almost always involves food. So all we can do is keep on keeping on. Even though sometimes I'm over my goal by 3 to 5(vacation) pounds . I still consider that maintaining . Because of the fluids we carry in our body it's not uncommon to weigh heavy at different times a day. And as long as we know we are trying to do the right things then we are doing great. We are all successful . We all do some things right all the time . We have to focus also on how our clothes fit. Are we happy with the way they look? The way they feel? Am i being realistic? One thing to remember is : Sometimes the scale is not our friend. At those times it's good to remember that just because the numbers on the scale aren' what we want to see we are still staying focused, we are still drinking water, we are still doing our exercise. We are still awear of what we are eating. We still feel good about what we are doing. And we won't quit just because the numbers on the scale don't say what we want. I often say that I wish I had a magic wand and then when a member reaches goal that I gould tap her on the head with it and pronunce her at goal forever. But alas there is no such thing. Can You guess this what am going to talking about at my meetings this week? [b]Lily{/b] I hope this didn't depress you . Sorrry
Old 04-30-2001, 11:06 AM   #3  
Life Time 2001

Ann: Your Party sounds like it was so much fun! Does sound like it was alot of work tho. But well worth it!

Slavika: Its funny cuz when I was in Hawaii I was speaking it pretty good after 2 weeks. Now its forgotten again. ALAS.... Just shows I need to go back!

Karen: Absolutely not, it did not depress me. Its very sound advise and the way I look at it. Life does go on and none of us are perfect. I plan to always stay with in 5 pounds of my goal weight. I know if I dont it will get out of hand and I dont want that to happen. But I am also realistic that there will be times when I do go way over points. But the important thing is to get back in control immmediately. Losing weight is easy. Keeping it off will be the struggle.
Wish I could go to your meeting. Sounds like it will be a good one!

Have a great day all!
Old 04-30-2001, 01:31 PM   #4  

Default one more thing and I'll get off the soapbox

Should you weigh at home and find your self over the 2 pound mark. Just grin pay the weekly fee and the next weigh in you'll be free again. Don't skip going to meetings just because you are over Besides your at home scale doesn't always tell the truth either.

Karen
Old 04-30-2001, 08:25 PM   #5  
Super Surfer

Default ...just like being at a WW meeting...

Karen.... that was such good advice, it was like being at a good WW meeting. I am printing it out, because when my scale goes up a bit I get spooked. I get on my scale, once every morning, and sometimes when the number goes up ~ for no reason ~ I get to wondering what is going on
Ann.. The party sure sounded like a lot of fun.. Would have loved to see it.
Slavika.. Just you and me tomorrow kiddo. Save me a seat... .. I might get there a bit later. There used to be 3 Canadians on the board... I wonder what has happened to Donna? I miss her, she has such an adventerous spirit. If you are reading the board from time to time Donna, come back.

I will be back later to see who turns up...
Old 04-30-2001, 08:43 PM   #6  

Boy-oh-boy------miss a couple of days here and it is hard to catch up.

First things first.

LILY ****** you have earned it. I am sure that you will get to your personal goal by the time you finish maintenance. You won't have trouble staying there. Back in the days when I was at goal and stayed there my warning sign was 3#. If the scale showed 3# over goal I just went back OP and normally lost it in just a few days. I did weigh daily though so it couldn't sneak up on me.

Ann glad your luau was a success. You certainly worked hard on it. Will you invite us to the next one? Remember that quilt I started a couple of months ago? It is stamped cross-stitch ballerina kittens. I thought it would take me about 6 weeks to do the embroidery. Wrong! I think it will be closer to 6 months. It is taking much longer than I anticipated. It will be cute though.

I have gone crazy on new clothes. Foley's has had some good sales and I have bought virtually a new summer wardrobe. All my summer things are too big and what would fit is pretty worn. So I bought a bunch of new clothes---all on sale of course. Now I have to get down to 145 to wear them. That is what I told myself. I have to get to that weight to earn my new clothes. I deliberately bought them all too small so that I can't cheat. It is hard to go in the closet every day and see all those pretty things that are too tight. I couldn't see buying a new wardrobe that would be too big next year. Now the trick is to get into them.

I miss our old friends---Silvergal, Josie, Donna, gAnne. Where are you?
Old 04-30-2001, 11:17 PM   #7  
Net browser

Default ..watching a 7 yr old play ball

Hi Everybody
DH and I went to our grandson's game tonight. It was actually his first game after having only one practice. Oh Brother is that ever boring, (not of course when he was up to bat). The kid's, when they get up to bat, (no three strikes and you 're out) even if they have 10 strikes, that's ok. The kids that play base and in the field play catch with "their own glove", sit down on the grass, walk over and talk to other players, look around...almost everything you could possibly do on a baseball diamond, other then playing baseball. When a kid would finally hit the ball everybody would cheer. It really was funny...they are all so new at this.
Ann from your remark about your DH I am guessing he was in the navy. I think you mentioned you are in a "senior's park" (or did I make that up). Are there a lot of people with military backgrounds in your park? You guys sure know how to have fun.
Lily ALAS, you are not getting away using that poor excuse to go to Hawaii...and don't go telling these nice gals some story about being fluent in Hawaiian after a two week holiday, and then forgetting it. LOL LOL
Karen you sound like a really special WW Leader and your groups are lucky to have you.
Trudy if my scales are any indication I will likely be UP 3 lbs tomorrow, but Karen is of course right, time to get my butt back to WW. I'll see you tomorrow at WW and later for tea time.
Geri that was a really good idea buying the clothes a little bit too small. That's a really good incentive.
Good night all.
Old 05-01-2001, 01:21 AM   #8  

Default i am still here......

G'day all,

Lily Well done making goal, that is a fantastic achievement, you must be thrilled.
Also I do hope you will one day come and visit Australia, I would love to show you some of the sights in Adelaide South Australia.
Our plan is also to visit the US, Canada and Alaska.

At the moment I am in the library as I have traded my little laptop for a 'new' DEL laptop. I am waiting for the company to transfer all my files, it should be ready tomorrow.
I am really pleased, it will be a lot better than the laptop I had, a lot more memory etc. I have the program Dreamweaver but it was too big to put on my old laptop, be good to be able to load it on my new one and have a play around with that. DH keeps on tellling me I should do a webpage but I don't really know what i would put on it, I feel it is a little pretentious.
If you have any ideas let me know.
I did a web page some time ago for a sporting club dh was/is involved with and I did enjoy doing that.
I better fly, I have access for 20 mins., I have no idea how much time I have left.
Speak to you all soon.
Cheers
Maria
Old 05-01-2001, 01:28 AM   #9  

Default still some time.......

I still have about 10 minutes up my sleeve and wanted to say that I really appreciated Karen 's post.
You made such a lot of sense never to allow yourself to get 10 lb over goal.
I am still struggling, tomorrow is my 32 nd wedding anniversary and dh says we just have to go out to dinner. I love going out but find it very difficult keeping track of my points.
It has been very hectic in the city today with all the M1 demonstrations. I believe they were quite horrendous in Canada. Not sure how I feel about them, but violence is definetly not on.
See you all
Cheers
Maria
Old 05-01-2001, 08:15 AM   #10  

Well Lily congratulations on making your goal. You must be flying high. Keep up the good work. Karen I knew you were a good leader. Trudy is right to print it out. I am going to also. Yesterday my scale wasn't very nice but today it liked me. I have to quit obsessing over it. Geri It sounds like you had a good time shopping. It is always a lift to get some new things. Ann it sounds like the luau was a lot of fun. I would like to see a video of you singing. Maybe you should put it on the web. You will have to tell me where to go in New Orleans. We booked a trip yesterday for July. We are staying in the Garden District. My oldest son just got back in the early hours of the morning from there. He loved it. We went out Sat nite and heard a jazz and blues band. Was fun for a change. Have to go get ready for my painting lady. She is picking up a load of things that I painted for her and bringing more. She sells wood stuff at craft shows and malls. It pays well - use it for all of our vacations. Will check in later, Peggy I see that Slavika had to do all the work again and start the new thread.
Old 05-01-2001, 10:31 AM   #11  
Life Time 2001

Karen: Im not one to WI daily either. It always drove me nuts. Up then down then up. I stick to once a week and thats it for me. I wont skip a meeting either. Never have unless I was on vacation. I will probably still go once a week even after lifetime!

Trudy: I miss Donna and Josie to. Wonder where they went off to?

Geri: Good idea buying the clothes to small so you can get into them. You just reminded me I have a Wrap skirt I bought in Hawaii. I bought it to small so it would fit this summer. I need to go dig it out! I even forgot what it looks like.

Slavika: That game sounds so cute. I bet it was. I have a friend that has a Grandson in a T ball game and it is fun to watch. They are really cute and dont really know what to do. But it does make it worth watching!
ALAS I cant remember everything..........Thats why I need to go back to hawaii!

Maria: If we do make it to Australia I will diffenety let you know! Why dont you do a Web page with all the pictures you have at Picture trail? Sides once you get started Im sure you will think of something else you can add to it!

Peggy: Sounds like fun painting all the crafts. Glad it pays well enough to for all your vacations! Having fun making money! Best way to do it!

Have a great day all!
Old 05-01-2001, 05:22 PM   #12  
Fun Blonde

Lily - YEA! YEA! Hooray! You are at goal! You have been the most methodic WW I have ever known! Who cares how long it took! You did it, girl! And the best thing is---- you will maintain the same way you have lost, steady! How much have you removed?

Slavika - you and I are in similar boats, but your boat has been to Hawaii! Mine just got swamped during Christmas. It takes me all year to get back to where I was because of a holiday! Go figure!

Maria - I know you probably have some boring times, but just to let you know, your life just sounds super to me. You get to explore and do anything your little heart wants to, you don't have to cook and it sounds like a long vacation. So you won't get much sympathy from me.

Yesterday I went to Oklahoma City to go to my dil's baby shower. She is a teacher and the teachers gave her a little shower after school. You wouldn't believe how much stuff she got! Some of the cutest little clothes, a Diaper Genie, a bouncy chair, just on and on. Afterwards she, my sister, my soon-to-be dil and I went out to eat. My sis is the great WW. If I were with her, I would always do well. Their husbands joined us and we laughed and visited and had a great time. My sis's oldest boy has a 3month baby boy who is having serious problems breathing. They just found out he has a mass in his sinus cavity under his eye and it is keeping him from breathing through one nostril. He is scheduled for surgery Friday. Could be a cyst, or a tumor. Keep little Gabe in your prayers please. We are all worried about him. Babies are so helpless. He is the sweetest little thing and just breathes through one nostril and thinks that is just the way to do it.

Okay, darnit! I have forgotten who said what, so I will just close. Today is a beautiful windy day and am going to go walk with my friend. Have a good evening. Slavika - Boy, do I relate about it being just 7 p.m. and being out of points!
Glenda

Last edited by survivor; 05-01-2001 at 05:28 PM.
Old 05-01-2001, 05:42 PM   #13  
Life Time 2001

Glenda: Poor little gabe. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know as soon as the surgery is over.

I lost 62 #. But I have 3 more to go for my personnel so it will be a total of 65# gone forever.
Never to be seen again...
Old 05-01-2001, 08:01 PM   #14  
Super Surfer

Default ..I was just going to read and dash away, but I am inspired to post...

Hi gals....
I am sitting on my THERA-BAND PROFESSIONAL EXERCISE BALL as I type... I have been known to roll right off it, so you can see your postings made me want to post right now. As I sit here I am working my abs...
Karen.. you won't believe this, but at WW today the topic was the scale and the numbers. She weighed different articles of clothing and 4 cups of water to show how these things can affect our WI. It was a good meeting. I am now below goal by 1.2 lbs and sooo happy about it. I never dared think about my Personal Goal before, just didn't think it was possible. But I will share this with just my cyber friends , I would to get to 150 and that is just 3.8 away.
Lily I didn't know you had lost 62 lbs. That is just teriffic. I knew you were dedicated, I don't think you will be gaining that back either. WTG. Wrap skirts are so nice..
Glenda.. you bet little Gabe will be in my prayers. That is really terrible for the little guy to go through all of this. I really got broadsided at Christmas. I was 1 lb away from goal and then gained over the holidays, and just couldn't get my act together through Jan & Feb. Around the beginning of Mar I was able to get control. I have no idea what happens to us and why we just seem to flounder at times. Just don't give up, you will get control.
Peggy.. isn't it very hot in New Orleans during the summer months? I always looks like such an interesting place. I would really like to see your crafts.
Maria.. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Have a wonderful day. I bet you could make a really nice web page too. Enjoy the new PC... I never heard of Dreamweaver.. is it like Windows 98?? You have to understand I am at my 1 yr anniversary with the PC and still have soooooo much to learn.
Slavika.. we sure had a nice Tea Time today even though it was just the 3 of us. We still had our share of laughs..

Hope y'all had a great day.. see you tomorrow ~ bye bye...
Old 05-01-2001, 11:39 PM   #15  
Member Florida Chick

H everyone:

Karen- Thank you so much for the good advice. It seems that sometimes it is necessary to hear someone say again, the things deep down you know to be true, but have lost sight of. Wish I could attend your meetings. As a lifetime member, I have some confusion about WI. Once a month is what I believe, and pay every time you WI and are over your goal. Am I right? Our leader says we can't just come to a meeting if we have had our monthly WI and are over, without paying each time. There have been several discussions about it, and there hasn't been any definitive answer.

Lily- Congrats again, and I know you will get that lifetime award.

Salvika- Yup a Senior Park, with a few 'Juniors' mixed in, but no children except for visits. We are an active bunch and have a lot of activities. Being the Social Club Chairperson this year has kept me busy. But I enjoy it. There is never any time to be bored. I've never been one to just sit around. I like to keep busy.

Maria- My dream is to visit Austraila. Have felt that way for many years, but am afraid I will just have to keep dreaming. We did go to see Paul Hogan in his new Crocodile Dundee movie. Some good laughs. And clean and semi- innocent, in comparison to some the the trash that is put in films now.

Glenda- I;ve been thinking about getting off track. For me I think it has been that I just got tired of always watching every bite, and just decided to eat what I wanted no matter. Then of course reality sinks in, and I start over again. Especially, when I know that if I continue on my ish ways, I'll pay in the long run with high tryglycerides and cholesterol again.

Do you ever get emails warning of computer viruses? I just got one, and so I checked with www.symantic.com/avcenter/hoax.html
and found that it was a hoax. That is a good site to check into all those dire warnings that come in.

Wish I could send a picture of me in my fake sailor suit. But I don't have the right equipment to do it.

Oh Slavika- My husband was in the merchant service, carrying cargo, etc. Technically not Navy. After he made Captain, he then went ashore and became a ships Pilot on the St. Lawrence seaway, bringing in Salties.U.S. and Canadian vessels were not required to have pilots. Only foreign ships.

Have any of you found the Kashi? I know there was someone else I wanted to answer, but can't remember. Time to go to bed. 'See' you tomorrow. Ann
Closed Thread