Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 09-20-2004, 09:19 AM   #1  
Old Cackler

Default so what does food mean to YOU?????

there's an interesting thread going on, about regaining significant amounts of weight. and we ALL know that we live in fear of regaining...

check it out.. and dig deep. this is a MAJOR issue that we ALL have to deal with.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...740#post675740
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 03:10 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Thanks Jiff, I checked out that thread. Perfect timing for me.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 09:53 PM   #3  

This is a great thread topic. What does food mean to me?

Well, being the food addict that I am, it unfortunately encompasses a very large part of my life. In one word, I would say comfort.

It IS a deep issue and should be addressed as often as possible, because it lives with us 24/7, 365 days a year. It's not about what "diet" we should be on or what to eat and what not to eat.... we all KNOW that drill... It's more about the deep embedded feelings we associate with eating. It is painful to delve deep down and realize that most of it stems way back into our childhood. Becoming MO is more than just bad genes... it's about being unloved, abused, neglected, unworthy, etc...and the food is just our way to cope with such atrocities that we, as children, had no control over. I, and a lot of other people, I'm sure, continue to carry this pain into my adulthood.

There may be some who disagree with me.

Speaking for myself, I hope I have the strength to face these issues, put them behind me, and move on without food controlling my life.

Hope to hear from others.
curlyqmishee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 09:12 AM   #4  
Old Cackler

thanks, ladies. this is something we don't talk about very often, and for many of us, it holds the key to lifelong weight control [notice i didn't way weight LOSS.. or GOAL WEIGHT!!!!] so many of us would be grateful to stay in one place!!!

let's keep the conversation going...
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 08:25 PM   #5  

Right now my problem is still forcing myself to eat enough. I have lost the desire for all my old favorites and nothing sounds or tastes good. Hopefully I won't have to address this issue for a while yet.
P-38 is offline   Reply With Quote