Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 07:37 AM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default Challenge chat-week 3

Good morning everyone

Well here we are into week 3 off the challenge, how is everyone doing so far?

I stayed mostly OP on the weekend and got a lot of walking in

Tonight is WW weigh in night so I will soon see how last week went.

Hope you all have agreat day
Old 09-20-2004, 08:03 AM   #2  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Doing Ok. Down 1/2 lb. 187.5.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:02 AM   #3  

Weekend was OK. Ate a little too much, but still under what it takes to maintain my current weight. I've got some weird mental thing going on. Yesterday, Husband and I ate lunch at a restaurant. I had water to drink and a semi-healthy entree, of which I ate half. Then we split a dessert. That afternoon, I had some potato chips and a small can of soda. And for dinner I had the leftovers from my entree. That isn't bad, yet I felt guilty for some reason. I could have done without the junk food, but it was a small serving. I don't know. Maybe I'm weird.
Old 09-20-2004, 12:19 PM   #4  
Free the athlete within!

S/C/G: 327/305/180

Height: 5'7"

Default Downward Trend

Weighed in at 307.5 just now.

Am down 3 lbs. since last week.

Have lost 9.5 lbs since I started Aug. 4.

Yay to me!

And yay to ya'll for being here. It's obviously making a real difference for me.

Megan
Old 09-20-2004, 02:02 PM   #5  

Way to go Megan!

Damn Tim Horton's and their philanthropic ways! Today they are selling smiley face chocolate chip cookies and the money from each cookie goes to the Snowsuit Fund - an organization that provides winter clothing to children of needy families - so I had no choice but to buy 2 cookies to go with my coffee

I guess I am willing to gain weight for a good cause... yeah ....right...see...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it
Old 09-20-2004, 09:36 PM   #6  

Well, it seems that I lose weight when I'm having a tough time and gain when I'm having fun. What doea that say about what I should be doing?

I had an excellent weekend. Dinner at friends' both Friday and Saturday nights. Lots of staying up late and sleeping in. I also did quite a bit of studying, but I didn't get my exercise in and I ate too much both nights. I guess I just need to find a balance. Tomorrow I think I'll try to get in a walk before class.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:15 AM   #7  

Default Well, at least I'm back...

...nothing like starting something as potentially-healthy as this Challenge, then getting immediately de-railed!

While I got off to a really good start the first week (met all but my cardio goal, lost 3.5 pounds), I was then promptly rear-ended on my way home from work. I have been living with 2 ruptured discs for almost two years now, and needless to say -- this was not a good event. Couldn't do much of anything for the past two weeks (and of course, I didn't modify my eating any...)

So I gained 1.5 pounds, but have been given the go-ahead to start moving a bit more intensely again. I'm going to leave my goals where they are for now, then see how I feel about them by the end of the week.

And congrats to all of you who are doing such a great job working towards your goals -- It was really cool to log in this morning and see such success just waiting for me to join in!

-- Jhed
Old 09-21-2004, 09:04 AM   #8  

Jhed -- Feel better.

Megan -- Congrats on the loss.

Busy as all **** yesterday. Ate very little. When I got home, husband wanted to go to a restaurant. I had a salad and a side item and some water. Overall, the day involved too little food. But I ate too much on the weekend, so it all evens out.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:54 AM   #9  

I had a really bad eating weekend. Made wrongs chioces alllllll weekend and even though I was bloated and full I continued eating. I don't know why and now I feel guilty and dissapointed. Sunday night before bed I weighed myself and I was up 10 pounds since Friday morning!!!! now that was depressing. I pushed the scale under my bed so that in order to weigh myself I have to hunt for it (and who knows what else is living under there) I have a physical on Friday and will not step on a scale until then and I hope that those extra pounds are gone by then. Come on, who but me gains ten pounds in two days!!! Gee I hope alot of it is water.

Take care
Old 09-21-2004, 10:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Oh well, gained 2.5 lbs. this past week - ate on plan until Sunday night and then OMIGOSH - Chinese food. Monday was tootsie roll day, I didn't feel good so I said what the heck, eat em. Weighed in this morning and immediately regretted my decisions. I skipped the gym yesterday and this morning but will be there tomorrow morning. I have so much to gain by losing and so much to lose by gaining.

Also thinking about cutting off my hair and going ultra short. My schedule is so hectic that I'm getting depressed about my appearance but with all the cardio, there is no way I can maintain a cute style with my hair at its current length. We will see, we will see.

Tiki.
Old 09-21-2004, 03:03 PM   #11  

Hello. I joined in on the main challenge thread and now am checking in here. I have a weigh-in tomorow and am just dreading it. It is odd becuase I have stuck with the whole points thing, but I just feel like somehow I did something wrong. We shall see when I face the music tomorow.

I am seriously thinking of hiding my home scale as well. I have a tendancy to weigh myself too often. Maybe getting rid of the thing will help me lighten up (in more ways than one).
Old 09-21-2004, 04:16 PM   #12  

Yes, it is all to easy to get wrapped up in the numbers and ending up weighing everyday. I ignore my scales for the most part and try to weigh in only at my WW meeting.

speaking of which I lost .5 lb last week - which isn't huge but it is better than nothing
Old 09-22-2004, 08:35 AM   #13  

I tried to forget about the weekend and the scale and focused on the fact that I have lost a total of 18 1/2 inches since March and that has put me back ontrack. It's now Wednesday last weekend is a distant blur. This weekend I vow to stay completley OP. I am kinda hoping the doctor on Friday will insist that I never eat carbs again (but I know he won't) I was there a few weeks ago and he noticed that I had lost weight ( I rarely go to the doctor, so him noticing was a surprise).

I am prepared today, brought my lunch and have dinner unthawing at home. This will be a good food day. I have been OP since Monday morning.

Congratulations on all the losers and even those who didn't cause it could not be as bad a gaining ten pounds in two days....ok that's the last time I will mention that.

Have a great day!!!

Dale
Old 09-22-2004, 09:28 AM   #14  

Ten pounds in two days has got to be mostly water. You said you were bloated already, right? And in the grand scheme of things, your sig says you've lost 40 lbs.

Mauvais, congrats on losing half a pound. And Tiki, Chinese food... yum. If you were OP all week, maybe there was some water weight due to all the salt in that Chinese food.

Good food day yesterday. No soda. Am not trying to give that up, but still, it's a good thing to drink less of it.

My friend is thinking about proposing to his girl. So last night we had a conversation about diamonds. The two of them were in NYC and they went to Tiffany's. The first ring she tried on fit perfectly. My friend says that was kind of weird. I say destiny. So he's researching all the 4 c's. I gave him a website that has the kind of rings his friend likes. (Tacori -- they're beautiful.) And I'm begging him to let me go shopping with him. I'm a bit of a jewelry geek.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:34 PM   #15  

Well, I faced my fear of weigh-in and am down 3.2 pounds this week. I know that I am just starting and most of it is probably water weight, but I am still rather happy. I am really liking the whole WW thing for now. We shall see in the comming weeks after I have lived with it for a while. It is very vegetarian friendly, which I appreciate.
Closed Thread