Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 01:08 PM   #16  
maintaining

S/C/G: 243/170/165

Height: 6'

Everybody losing weight: congratulations!

My update on the Christmas challenge: Weightwise my goal is to maintain my new weight, and so far it’s going very well: I’m increasing calories every week and the weight is still unwavering!
My first weightlifting goal was to increase squats from 66 to 100lbs – on week 3 of the challenge I’m lifting 76lbs, so it looks good for this goal.
My second goal was to increase the bench press from 50 to 65lbs, and on week 3 I’m lifting 52lbs, so I’ll probably have more problems here…

And btw: How many weeks left of the challenge? Does anybody know?
Old 09-22-2004, 01:20 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Yesterday was so busy hectic crazy, i was up til midnite preparing nachos for my cheer team for today's decorating party. Food wise was great until dinner - we had pancakes and I had two - didn't need any. I should have known better than to let myself get too hungry. Will do better today.

Back to the grind.

Tiki.
Old 09-22-2004, 04:43 PM   #18  

it's 13 weeks till Christmas
Old 09-23-2004, 09:32 AM   #19  

Well, yesterday was a Chinese invasion. Tiki, when I weigh in I'm going to be eating my words on that water weight. I estimate that buffet cost me 1000 calories. It was the egg rolls. A lot of times buffets don't have vegetarian egg rolls. Since this one did, I splurged. And you know, if it hadn't been for the sweet and sour sauce, the rolls wouldn't have tasted good enough to eat three of them. Sometimes that Atkins guy is right.

Still, the total was under 2000 calories. I am hoping that the buffet doesn't mess up my weigh-in tomorrow. I did well all week, and my clothes are fitting better, and it's been so long since that stupid scale moved. No use worrying about it, I guess. We'll see tomorrow.

I weigh in tomorrow.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:19 AM   #20  

Lost 1/2 lb. Yay.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:57 AM   #21  

congrulation on the loss.....I am home this morning waiting for my doctor's appointment. I have not had a physical for a few years and I am pretty worried. I don't know why because I have taken better care of myself these last few months than I have in years.

I am going to step on a scale today for the first time since Sunday and I m praying that those ten pounds are gone from the weekend. I will be happy with just five but you gotta aim high right? If there not gone than I guess I have to live with it and consider it a lesson learned that I can gain this weight back fast if I don't keep on track.

Have a great day everyone

Dale
Old 09-24-2004, 10:15 AM   #22  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Dale, good luck with your physical, hope you get a clean bill of health

Chinese food gets me every time - the salt can make me gain 3-5 lbs overnight. I have made a conscious effort to limit my Chinese food in the past few months with the exception of one Dim Sum pigout.

Congratulations to everyone who has lost!

and keep on trying for those of us that are still struggling along - we can do it!
Old 09-27-2004, 09:30 AM   #23  

Dale, hope your physical went all right.

The weekend was OK. We had guests from out of town. I ate in moderation. Then yesterday I baked cookies, and had an imprudent number of them.

Yesterday I bought some flatbread. It has basil in it, and it smells delicious. I am going to make a wrap with it today. Can't wait to try it. It's great finding new food.

AR
Old 09-27-2004, 10:35 AM   #24  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

That flat bread sounds yummy

Closing this thread to start week 4 or our challenge
Closed Thread