Old 09-17-2004, 08:12 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Friday Chat 9/17

YEAH!!! It's Friday!!! Now all I have to do is get through 4 boring hours of work and then the weekend is here for me!! I think I'm finally doing something right because that good ol' scale is starting to slip downward. But tomorrow is official WI day so I'll wait til then to announce it. Found out someone might be hunting on the land my DH goes to--W/OUT permission. Dh has to work tomorrow morning so guess where I'll be?? Traipsing through some woods to make sure THEY don't get anything off there. Mean? Yes. Nasty? Yes! Do they deserve it? Yes!!! Their own FAMILY won't allow them to hunt on their land....what's that tell ya about them? Last year they went on that land during gun hunting--w/OUT permission. DH was lucky he is a good shot because he hit the deer and not the idiot! NOBODY but him is supposed to be hunting there. If there had been, the owners would have told him and he'd have known not to shoot that way (I believe the idiot also wasn't wearing 50% blaze orange). So this year I might just have to talk to the owners myself and see if I can do something about them illegally going on their land. They're an older couple and don't get out there. We hate seeing nice, sweet people being taken advantage of...and I'm MUCH meaner than DH
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 08:24 AM   #2  

Good morning everyone!

Brenda: I knew you could stay OP and get on track! *hugs* You sound like me...I'm much meaner than my DH when dealing with people that tick me off. I hope you can get things resolved peacefully.

Not much going on here today. I was supposed to be leaving for the Auburn vs LSU game in Bama but Ivan decided to pound that area so I'm just going down to Baton Rouge to watch football all day tomorrow with my best friend.

My CPR class yesterday was loooooong. I truely believe the class should have only taken 5 hours...NOT 9. The instructor wasted a lot of time. We got into an arguement at one point when he was talking about how people would not have heart problems if they followed the food triangle. He got really pissy when I told him the food triangle was created by the government and there was no need for so many carbs in anyone's diet. He had no FACTS to support his OPINIONS...kinda like the people who bash low carb with no actual FACTS. I know how my blood work comes back!

Anyways, it's a beautiful new day! Stay safe ya'll!

Hugs
Jules
Loozingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 08:47 AM   #3  

Good Morning Everyone

Brenda: Great job staying OP. I knew you could do it! I am much meaner than DH also when dealing with idiots. My DH hunts on my dad's land, and a few years ago there was someone hunting there without permission also. I'm the one who ran them off Hope you have a great weekend!

Jules: Don't ya just love dealing with idiots who don't know what they're talking about Hope you have fun watching the ball game this weekend! Enjoy the beautiful day!

Well, sorry that I have been MIA for the week. I have had the worse earache ever. Went to the Dr. yesterday for my regular appt and had her check it out. My ear drum has ruptured. So, now I am on antibiotics trying to get all of the infection cleared up. Hopefully I'll feel better in few days! Supposed to be very nasty here. We're supposed to be getting all the rain from hurricane Ivan. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 09:19 AM   #4  
The Princess O' Pets

GOOD MORNING LADIES!!

I am late for work but just wanted to wish you all a happy weekend and great day!! I will check in later.

LOve TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 12:07 PM   #5  
Somethin's gotta give

Hey all! TGIF!

Brenda~Good luck with that~ scares me for ya, maybe because being from Cali the closest thing I've ever seen to hunting are crazy women during a shoe sale at Nordstroms...are you worried about confronting people carrying guns? Stay safe

*shakes Jules* ARE YOU IN TROUBLE? DO YOU NEED HELP? I CAN HELP YOU! IM TRAINED! (CALL 911!) I like the part in the beginning where they tell you that the vast majority of people brought back by CPR die shortly after anyway....thats a real motivator....

Mrs H.....Hows that baby? hope the ear feels better soon, I hate those earaches

TG- Back at ya!

The DH came home yesterday, and just when we thought we were gonna get some "alone" time my Mom calls ( she and my stepdad have been here all week because

stepdad had a problem and had to go to hospital) Mom wanted to know if she could spend the night at our house.....of course it was allright, she my Moms BUT.....it sure did put a damper on our time together....Dad is supposed to get released today so maybe tonight will be better

Have a great day and a great weekend!
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 01:48 PM   #6  
Baby Steps

Jules: Our CPR classes here take 3 hours Then another 2 for First Aide. I think I'm skipping it this year. It's on the opening day of Gun hunting. Good job sticking up for Atkins. Some people are so ignorant.

Lisa: Hope the ear clears up soon. From someone that has chronic ear problems I feel for ya!!! Take care of yourself and hopefully the rain isn't too bad!

TG: You whiz through here so fast all the time it makes me dizzy How ya doing?

Marie: Hope your stepdad is ok!! Sorry to hear there was a damper on the romance department...hopefully this weekend is better Nope, not afraid to confront people. They've got bow & arrows not gun (yet), but besides that, people know where I'm going and if something were to happen they know who to blame I know, not a laughing matter. I'll end up just driving through and seeing if anyone's there. If they are maybe I'll just bring a whistle and blow it constantly to scare whatever deer is around

Well, another OP day. But dang I'm hungry and don't know what to have to eat. It's a "I want a snack" type hungry. Not a "I want a meal" type. And I don't have anything to snack on. Except carrots (no-no) and sunflower seeds (I guess). I don't like pork rinds otherwise I'd have that here by the box
Old 09-17-2004, 01:48 PM   #7  
Baby Steps

Wow...it's QUIET IN HERE!!
Old 09-17-2004, 04:18 PM   #8  

Hi all.
I've been lurking all week, not doing any posting. I've been away from this site for so long, it's hard to "get to know" people again. I popped in for the first time since April or so last Friday, attempting to start induction again. I finally had a "clean" day on Sunday and have been OP ever since. I'm hoping 6 days straight is enough momentum to get me through the weekend.
I haven't decided what day to make my "official" WI day. I'm thinking Mondays would be good. Might keep me accountable for the weekends.

Happy Weekend to all!

Jen
jen519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 05:23 PM   #9  

Good day ladies!

Busy busy busy at work! I've been living in the morgue for the past few days! Still trying to stay OP and doing okay I guess. Been hard though not being able to use the treadmill due to a fractured ankle I managed to obtain while stepping on a banana peel at the bank. Yes, it really does happen! Hurts like mad, but what are you gonna do?

Sounds like everyone is doing well aound here and even a couple new people.

Just dropping by to say hi and I'm still breathing. Have a good weekend all!

Edited because I have fat fingers that can't hit the right keys!

Last edited by morti; 09-17-2004 at 05:26 PM.
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 05:42 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies,

Just reading up on y'all !!!

Lisa, take care of yourself, my gosh your ear must hurt like heck. I used to get such severe ear infections I couldn't even hold up my head EEEGADS.

Jen519 Welcome Back !!! You did a wonderful job with your weight loss BRAVO!!! keep it up.

Morti !! Yikes on the ankle and of all things, a bananna peal. Your not supposed to get hurt you know, its only supposed to make people laugh. Aww you poor dear, just what you need. Are you in a walking cast? Take care of that foot will yah.

Marie, hope SD is feeling better and out soon. I'm sure your Mom is greatful that you are there for her. I don't know what I would do w/out my Mom, she's wacky but the best !!!

Jules, hope you had fun at the football game. The folks that critize LC, just ignore them, they are jealous. Proof is in the puddin, your losing weigh and they are just jealous so to them !!!

TG how ya doin little lady?

Nothing much happening here SOSDD. Busy at work and I have little time to play, but its okay.

Hugs !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote