Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 10:49 AM   #1  

Default Wanting to start

Hope its ok to start a new thread. Wasn't sure where else to post my questions yet. Let me know where I should be!
I've decided to start WW. I'm going to go to my first meeting tomorrow and registar. I've read that there are now two ways to do the program. Can you tell me which one is working for the majority of you? Which is easier for someone that hasn't been successful at weightloss yet?? Looks like the Core is the more healthy, but haven't seen enough to know.
Any advice, tips, support would be great!! Once I know where I should be posting I will post my introduction and hope to get to know you all!
Thanks so much for any help!
Stacey
Old 08-26-2004, 09:03 AM   #2  

Not one opinion?? Really would have loved a response folks...lots of views but no one can respond??
Help
Old 08-26-2004, 12:21 PM   #3  

Hi! I have been on WW on and off for sometime, but am currently on the flex plan. Core plan was just introduced at my meeting on Tuesday. You have the choice between the two programs, and can go back and forth on different weeks (but you can not change day by day) For now I am sticking with the flex plan, mainly because most of the foods I have are geared towards that plan, but I do intend to try the Core plan. I want to atleast give it a chance.
I think either plan can be as healthy or unhealthy as you make them, even on flex you are supposed to eat the required amount of fruits and veggies and get in 2 servings of milk (same with Core) but, some people don't want to use their points towards fruit and certain veggies. In the end I think it is up to each individual person to make the program fit into their lifestyle. For me, the convience of flex points can not be beat, I love being able to have my favorite foods (in reasonable amounts!). And with the Core plan you can still do that, but it really cuts into your set number of points.

The best advice I can give is go to the meeting with an open mind and see which plans would suit your lifestyle.

Hope this helps!!
Old 08-26-2004, 08:15 PM   #4  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Stacey,

I first heard about the Core plan this week in my WW meeting. For me, I'm not interested... only because I very much need to use portion control with my food to keep on track. Overeating (actually binge eating) made me overweight so I am wary of a plan that doesn't have a member count Points, unless eating non-Core foods. Too risky for me, personally speaking.

Which is easier, well, that's hard to say. It depends on why you have not succeeded at losing yet... I would suggest you give both a try and see which you like better. WW is stressing that if tried out, each plan be followed for a week at least to see how your mind and body handle the changes

I think Flex is great. I used it 1999-2001 to lose 50 pounds.

As way of explanation as to why I am over 200 pounds now: WW did not fail me, I failed myself because I gave up following WW... and went back to binge eating thinking it would make me "feel better" when I was in the middle of a very stressful relationship. Big, big mistake! It didn't... but I had to learn that the long and hard way

Good luck! I'd be interested to hear how WW works for you too!
Old 08-28-2004, 09:40 AM   #5  

I dont know what the core plan is. I am doing flex points at home. I just started and it usually takes a while for me to find out exactly what works, but once I do...look out I lose fast.
Tara
Old 08-28-2004, 01:19 PM   #6  

Smile

I am doing Flex Plan right now, but I am going to try the core plan starting sunday. (I am still going to keep up w/ the flex points to see what I am eating). I am kinda scared w/ the core plan because I might over indulge a little but we will see.

Hope this helps and

cody
Old 08-29-2004, 04:53 PM   #7  

Thanks so much for the replys! I am planning on going to my first meeting tomorrow and was hoping to have some sort of clue which way I wanted to go. I still don't know, and won't until I see the whole core program. But my hunch is that core will be too flexible and I will use it to over indulge.
Thanks again for the help!
Stacey
Old 08-29-2004, 06:54 PM   #8  
okikatt

Default Just my opinion

I have been on the flex plan since Jan 28th '04. I have currently lost 40 lbs. I have looked at the Core plan but find that it isn't for me. I believe I would over eat on it and I like the ablility to pick different foods and even have desserts whenever I want as long as I stay within my points range.
It also seemed to me that you can eat out on the Core plan as long as you eat at a buffet. With the flex plan I eat at whatever restaurant I want as long as i stay within points. Just my opinion. Everyone must decide what is better for them, which is the great thing about WW.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:06 PM   #9  

Sorry McMom - am off-line on the weekends. I started WW February 25th of this year and have lost 35 pounds. I have been doing flex, but CORE is just new this past week, so there hasn't been enough input to know. Our leader did it for a week and lost 3 pounds and she is at goal.

I'm trying it - so far, so good this week. Will know more when I weigh in Wednesday night on the success.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:15 PM   #10  
Cowboy Up Chick

First off if you do Flex the way it was written it is just as healthy as Core. I use CoreFoods 90-95% of the time (before W/W uttered the term CorePlan) and have never ever been hungry. The people who choose Core and say it is healthier are people who were not using healthy foods in the first place.

There are peopl who will always try to cheat the system.

It is a matter of figuring out what works for you. If you like breads Core would let you have them but you take them out of the 35 points a week W/W gives you for nonCore foods. I would use up 3-4 points a day just for that. Core also stresses use of fat-free and/or sugar-free products. There are things I refuse to give up ... real cheese vs fat-free -- I get more flavor for less amount with the real stuff, etc.

Both can be very healthy but one could lead to binge eating where you get more calories and showing gains if you are not aware of what proper portions are - core; one can be not so healthy if you eat lots of simple carbs and junk so you need to watch that you are eating healthy foods. One you have to keep it simple when you eat out, the other lets you choose off the menu and either break it down into points by ingriedents or use the nutritional information that is provide. One severely limits fast food options and one does not.

I lost my weight using portion control, eating out when I needed to and using CoreFoods.
Closed Thread