Old 08-19-2004, 01:45 PM   #1  
Living the Laguna life...

Default help, please : (

hey guys
i am feeling so incredibly demotivated and depressed right now....
the past week i have been totally off plan, not even caring what i've been eating. i was way stressed out at work (not that's any excuse) and just kind of gave up on watching what i was eating. i then went to a family thing on sunday where i got to hang with all of my relatives (who all look like supermodels) and feel even worse about myself. it has just gotten so bad that i feel like i am back to being the person i was before i lost 30 pounds...eating everything, not caring if it made me feel sick. i feel so much better when i cut out bad carbs and sugar, but i have just felt unable to do it. and i also moved home last weekend because the lease was up on my apartment, so now i am faced with actual cooking!! i am so tempted to just say f*** it and not worry about it...my boyfriend gets back in 2 weeks and i know he will encourage me to eat bad again (since he hates it when i diet) i finally realized a few minutes ago i need some help getting back on it and working to lose the rest of my weight. any encouraging words or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. ok i am going to start right...now. wait i want a cookie. (just kidding) seriously, now! i was so happy this weekend when i bought a pair of designer jeans (wwaaaay too expensive, but they fit me!!! and looked great) i want that to become part of every day life! thanks for listening/reading. hugs
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 03:53 PM   #2  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

We all have times like that - you've just got to put a stop to it. I know that for getting myself out of a funk, I have to be really really strict for a day 1 - I will promise myself to have only fresh fruits and veggies, whole grains, dairy and water - nothing extra, no treats, nothing special. If I can be good for one day - then I try to continue on as normal. But maybe doing it one step at a time would work better for you. I think most importantly, you should try to get into exercising (again?) - it's a motivator for me and obviously helps control your weight. I know what you mean about boyfriend's derailing diet plans!!! They're sooo bad about it. But I think I've finally convinced my df to get on board with me and at least try to eat HEALTHIER if not completely healthy.
(hugs) Stay online and stay in touch - the fact that you're coming here for help means a lot - you still want to be doing this and you know you need to get back on track in order to do that - and we want to help!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 04:15 PM   #3  
mellbell491

S/C/G: 138/138/115

Height: 5'2

Well I believe everyone has days like that! But think about how you felt when you bought those jeans?...you were happy and I'm sure you were thinking 'wow i look good' and you were pleased with yourself! You have to keep that in mind when you think your gonna have a 'breakdown'! Everytime you feel the need to snack..run and and go put those jeans on and think..if i eat this, I won't be able to wear these =) Alot of the times I've done that I think 'hmm what about that outfit I just bought last week, I still want to wear it by next month" Boyfriends on the other hand just don't get it...men seem to eat whatever they want gain weight and still not care! It's weird..but you have to choose the healthier side of this wrong doings! Balance each other out...I always tell my bf..."u eat that since I can't and I'll just watch you and I'll try and imagine what it taste like' lol i'm crazy minded like that though! well don't give up and stay strong...look at how many people you have cheering you one!
mellbell491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 05:03 PM   #4  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Wow Jenicra, that was great, what you said....I double what Jenicra said!

You are doing it...you have identified the problem (careless eating) and you are doing something about it. You can do it...you've come this far, keep on going, Miss Michelle, you can do it.
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 07:03 PM   #5  
Living the Laguna life...

Thank you, everyone, for your support! Jenicra, tomorrow I will try to stay ENTIRELY on plan and see how that goes..I used to be so good at doing that, I don't know what happened. I guess as I lose more weight I get less motivated or something. Spill, you are so close to your goal!!! i know you will make it soon! and welcome, mellbell, i saw your other post and was going to reply! this is an amazing place that is very supportive!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 07:57 PM   #6  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

miss michelle - i know how you feel. it took me awhile to figure out that a healthy lifestyle isn't an all or nothing thing. you don't have to be 100% perfect 100% percent of the time. You have lost 30 pounds... it is hard to stay on track for the amount of time it takes to lose 30 pounds, but you did it! maybe you should try to maintain for a few weeks (healthfully of course) and then restart your weight loss. I have heard this from a few people on this board, and i can see where they are coming from. you can do it!

by the way, what kind of jeans did you buy? i am obsessed with jeans, lol.
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 03:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

Oh, how many times did i sit there and think "Bugger this! I can't be bothered!" . Then the moment passed when i thought about how good it felt to know my body was healthy, happy and fit.

I've slipped up a few times, but i have noticed that my depression funks have gradually lessened over time. My whole outlook on life has done a complete 180 over the course of the last 12 months. To take your focus off your weight, just go outside and look around you. Look at how absolutely beautiful the world around you is. Look at how gorgeous the sky is, how lovely the clouds are, just appreciate the small things in life. And then realise that you are just as beautiful as all of those things. Be happy with the world and life, and you'll be surprised at how content you begin to feel, and how much easier it is to love yourself and realise that eating well and keeping active are acts of self-love.

lol, and how mushy did all that sound? In all seriousness though, I'll often wander outside when i am feeling a little low, or when i wonder whether skipping that cheesecake was really worth it, and look about me. I can't help but think how much I love life, how much I love the way I live it now, and how I can now say I even love myself. Despite my many failings (including those lapses of self control lol)

*hugs* You're doing great!

Livi

Oh! And I'm a complete jeans fanatic too lol, I think i have a pair for everyday of a fortnight. It's to the point where people just roll their eyes at me :P
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote