Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 10:04 AM   #1  
Eve's Mom

Default Terrific Tuesday

Hi Ali! I read your post yesterday and was going to write but I got caught up at work - first day back is always horrific. Congrats on your clothes fitting well and getting back to the size 8!! Woo hooo!!

Kier - adult wonderland, eh....I was totally thinking dirty there until you clarified. Yes, Home Depot truly IS the adult wonderland! Congratulations on your 1 lbs down woman!

Well, It's been busy and I am realizing how much I have to organize for the wedding - YIKES. I managed to make my fitting for my dress for Sept 2 - I have 2.5 weeks to take off a few pounds - I am hoping for 5 down...think I can do it? Since I think I have a lot of TOM water weight I think I can! I can't believe it's so close to the wedding!

Hey, in NB a lady that was at the wedding was boarderline diabetic and she started the GI diet, eating all low-glycemic index food. Has anyone heard of this? I thought it sounded much like the SB diet, but without limiting fruit, etc. I think it's canadian? I really don't know. I was curious. Her portions were just like an average program - similar to the program my nutritionist gave me....

Well, I am making a true effort to exercise at lunch this week - yesterday I was too busy catching up on e-mails and phone calls, but today I am back on track and will be out walking. My goal is to walk for 40 min OR run for 20 minutes. I will not run on super hot days (I die!! ) but today is a great day it'll be like 20C - perfect for outdoors!

Hi to Tonya, Jen L, Lori, Becky, Jess, Kim (where'd you go?) and all other posters/lurkers....

Adios amigas - come out and play today!!
Old 08-17-2004, 10:58 AM   #2  
Running Babe

Belle: Heya! Yup, my weight seems to be up though, but EVERYTHING is getting looser, so I guess it's water weight. I WI tonight, so I am drinking tons of water and DC. I have been OP! As for low-GI diet. apparently now people say to not just look at the individual GI of a food, but at the meal, so it you have veggies and lean meat with some potatoes, the meat and veggies would lower the gi load of the meal. The problem is is if you stick to only low gi food you end up missing out on a lot of the nurtients in some carbs. Kind of like back when people would only eat LF food and wouldn't eat good fats ever. A variety is good. I ran yesterday and it was humid, I was blah at teh end of teh run. Wow, less than 2 months now! Good luck at the fitting!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 08-17-2004, 11:33 AM   #3  
Eve's Mom

I totally can't handle runnign in humidity. I feel nauseous. Of course I live in a desert city!!

That sounds really confusing. I am happy with good ol WW - for me its much easier than figuring out GI of each food. I guess like anything it's what you know, though!
Old 08-17-2004, 12:18 PM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
ITs a gorgeous day ofcourse its glued to the phone day for me
tommorrow I'm goign to hang out with my gram and get her ready for her doc appt.
She forgets I don't live there anymore ALOT it hurts
Belle You'll take off that 5 it sounds like its mostly water
as for the GI or rather low gi food I don't know
I'm actually just going to have small portions and limit my processed food b/c I'm tired of gimmicks
You're going to look so gorgeous in your dress
Ali you are a marvel I can barely move in humidity and if I'm going to sweat I prefer to do it in AC
The Interview went well I have one with a different company on thursday!
bbl
Old 08-17-2004, 03:04 PM   #5  
Eve's Mom

Kier, you hit the nail on the head - gimmicks! I feel like everyone I know is involved in some kind of gimmick and it's overload! I just like to count points and really watch my portions. A man I work with (sweet newfie) just told me he lost 58lbs on WW since January - he also quit smoking and looks great! How inspirational - and a guy too - rare!

Kier, you are an interviewing fool! That is great that you are going on some. I always go even if I decide I am not interested, just for practice. I don't know about you! Anyway, good luck on the next one and I hope you get your dream-job!! Does your Gram have early alzhiemers or do you mean she forgets and expects you to be there to help out? My Gram is forgetting now too -she is 96 though. Anyway, I hope you are right about the 5lbs. I was a VG girl today - cottage cheese and one slice toast for breakkie, blueberries and 2slices of LF turkey for snack, sushi (six pieces) for lunch. I am drinking de-caf coffee adn have had 3gls of H20. So far, so guten (as the German say).

I am thinking of taking the PR management cert at teh university. I am going to talk to my boss about the company paying part or all (it's totally relevant!). If they pay 50% I'll be happy. I am going to work out the cost. I could be done before mat leave (I am hoping in about 2 years time). That means work but I LOVE school and I think it's never wasted.

Anyway, come out and play. And KIER - post your pics pllllllease I am dying to see you all dolled up.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:11 PM   #6  
Running Babe

Belle: I am not a big fan of running when it's humid, but my group was going so I went, I don't regert it though, but I got through a lot of water yesterday due to that.

Kierie: Good luck on the interviews.

I know, I am addicted to points, just an easy way to count calories really. Today I had 6 egg whites, SpecialK Soy and Yougurt (I need a big brekkie), an apple and veggies, a tuna wrap and veggie and a yogurt for my snack and a big @ss coffee right now. Too much diet coke, but I have had a litre of water too. Oh I am seeing Sarah McLachlan tonight so I am excited!

Cheers!

Ali
Closed Thread