Old 08-08-2004, 09:35 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default **Week of Aug. 8th**

Hi All

Hope everyone's having a great weekend. It's gorgeous here this weekend. My car died when I picked Peter up at daycare Friday, so now it's up at the dealership and needs an alternator. I SOOO cannot wait to get rid of this car!! Jim was praying the "lemon juice" didn't run into his car when he was jumping it yesterday!

Might try to see a couple open houses today, and then to mom's for some dinner.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 11:39 AM   #2  

Happy Sunday to all.................................

Lauren: Sorry about your car.......We went thru that last week with DH's truck, same thing, so I can relate to that. Have fun looking at houses and dinner with your mom.

Hello to the rest of all of you. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I need to go to the office and do some work today, but it's so pretty outside, it's hard to get motivated to work. Now DH has just said he wants to go to the beach, so guess I won't be working today!
JackBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 07:01 PM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

It is a beautiful day here today. A balmy 80 degrees. I didn't even have the air conditioner on.

Lauren: Can't cars be a pain in the tushie? My problem wasn't as bad as yours, but I couldn't get the fuel tank door open. It's one of those push button ones. The button wouldn't work and I couldn't pry it open with a screwdriver. I was almost on fumes. I came home and called the dealer. They told me where the emergency release was, so I was finally able to get gas. Ugh. I can't take it in to be fixed until we get back from Texas.

Jack: Did you have fun at the beach?

Hope everyone is having a super Sunday!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 11:06 AM   #4  
No description available.

Default Intro

Good morning! I have been checking into this website for a couple of years but I finally made a commitment to take charge of my health and my weight about 3 weeks ago. I am 31, so I hope that qualifies me to be in this group for support and accountability. I have a husband, 4 kids, 2 dogs, and a busy job...I realized that not only do they all need me to be at my best, but that I deserve to be at my best. I had been weighing myself on different scales, so there was some inconsistency...ah denial!!! But I am going with my high being 204. Yesterday I was 197...I finally bought a scale.

I have cut out fast food and have been focusing on portion control and lots of water. I have also worked up to where I am running 2-3 miles a day every other day, but I am worried that when school/hockey/soccer starts next week that I will not have time. So making time is a priority.

Anyway, I am looking forward to joining this community and traveling this road with you all. My goal weight is 145.

Thanks!
Jen
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 01:41 PM   #5  
LBH

Hi Jen, Welcome to 30-somethings! Glad you finally made the choice to join us! I cannot imagine having 4 kids! I'm worried enough about how I'm gonna manage 2! You're doing awesome running soo much and cutting out fast food!
Old 08-09-2004, 07:25 PM   #6  

Default another newbie

Hello ladies. Glad to join your group. I'm 31, 5'9 and weigh 195 pounds. I'm married, no kids and have a goal weight of 150. My history is that I lost 40 pounds using phen/fen about 5 years ago but within the past 2 years have gained it all back. I take Paxil and have heard that people gain weight on that drug. Not sure if it's true or not but as of now, I can't stop taking it. I have worked out 2-3 times a week for almost 2 years now and it hasn't helped. I eat healthy for the most part and recently started limiting meat in my diet due to high cholesteral (family history). I don't know what it's going to take for my metabolism to speed up. Anyways, glad to meet you all and hope you're having a good day.
drummergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 08:25 PM   #7  
LBH

Hi drummergirl! Welcome to 30-something's! Do you drink a lot of water? If there's one thing I know that helps take the weight off, it's drink lots and lots of water!
Old 08-09-2004, 09:21 PM   #8  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello to all!!! Thanks for the Happy Birthdays!!! I didnt blow it too bad...no cake just a York Peppermint patty and some Swiss Onion Soup from this quaint little place..We came back early today...SD#2 pretty much spoils the whole trip with her obstinence, tantrums, drop downs etc etc..I couldnt take one more day of people staring at us with wrinkled noses..I finally snapped yesterday and told 2 girls--"quit staring and talking about her, having U seen a ******ed child before"....I get angry, SD#1 gets angry, we start fussing which leads to DH and I fussing which makes Kaylee upset and crying and makes me all the more want to leave this place and get an apartment alll alone with my baby....THank goodness, they are in school starting tomorrow and I will finish my vacation playing with my baby...Enough venting...sorry...

WElcome to the Newbies!! We are glad to have new voices..I am back on track after vacation...I probably put on 5lbs soo will start tomorrow to work that off..I dont weigh, I can tell by my clothes fitting...

Kaylee slept the entire night while on vacation...I think we wore her out because it didnt get dark until after 10pm and we were always at the park playing and sliding on slides and me climbing to the top and sliding down with her...She fell asleep immediately and slept until I would make her get up at 9am...She is growing soo fast...
Well...Hello to everyone!!!Gotta finish unpacking and clothes washing!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 12:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Hi there - I posted some info on the bio thread since I am planning on hanging out for awhile. Had 2 decent days. Yesterday doing awesome until I finished Wil's hot dog (one bite), ate the rest of my dads chili (1 cup), and Wil's pizza (1/4 slice). Figured it was about 2000 calories, made up today with about 1000 calories. I went for a short swim yesterday (but I did butterfly to make it count), it got shorter when Wil pooped in his swim diaper. Smart boy did it out of the water and I kept trying to get him back in the pool not realizing why he didn't want to get in ~dumb mommy.

We went shopping in Spokane (nearest city) today. Went with my mom ~ she paid. I really like that about moms. There is a franchise thrift store called "Other Mothers" with newer kids clothing really cheap. Most stuff is 1.99-3.99, we came back with 6 full grocery sacks of girl clothes for Anna and not a single pink outfit. We also went to The Bon for some nursing bras that don't explode when I run after Wil, and some t-shirts to hold me over when school starts until I lose enough weight to be in my clothes, oh, and a sexy red dress that is slightly to small to hang up and motivate me.

Welcome to midwife! I am awed by your running, I just had a baby in June and my chest is so big there is no way I could take up jogging right now. I would like to, it would be good for me. But honestly I haven't even been walking. How old are your kiddos?

Welcome to drummergirl! The only way I can lose is to cut calories, exercising makes it look better once it's gone, but doesn't get rid of it for me.

too bad about car troubles ~ hope the beach was fun ~ cherish those last vacation days
morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 06:50 AM   #10  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good MOrning all!!! Wow..just lost my entire post and cant even blame wondering hands!!!!! It feels soo good to be sitting in my own chair with my great wonderful coffee relaxing...It was even better to skip supper last night and get my stomach back in order..Poor stomach, was wondering where all the food was comming from!!! DH's family believe in meals..they begin planning the next one before U R done with the first one..THey take offence if U dont join..What I did was split a meal with Kaylee and that worked out well for both of us..That child can eat!!!!

Morrigan--Great pics!!! Where was the vacation???

Hello to all!!I have to go get things ready for school..I am taking #2 and DH is taking #1 and then I am playing with Kaylee all day!!!Of course, we are going to the PEdi for an ear recheck and to catch up on the MMR and DPT..That is the last 2 shots until age 5!!!!!
WEll off to the races!!!
Hello all!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 08:16 AM   #11  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good Morning everyone,

We have success in the sleeping dept!!! Of course, I am furiously knocking on my wood table so I don't jinx myself!! I was so frustrated the other night I just went and put him in his bed awake...he went to sleep and we've been doing this for almost a week!! Last night he slept from just after 8 until 4:30. I had to go sit with him once, he cried for a bit but then he plopped down and went to sleep. I can't believe this is working. I hope it lasts.

Ooops. Gotta go. Somebody needs me. Hello to everyone!! Back later.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 08:30 AM   #12  
LBH

Hi All,

Karen, WooHoo!!! I'm knocking on formica here..does that count?

RR, Welcome home! Sorry you didn't have the best time, I know how wonderful it is to get home to your own little home after a vacation though! Hope the ears are OK. Peter's were just about clear, but he's still futzing with one, hope it's nothing. He got 2 shots and that's it until 4 y/o they said.

Morrigan, Aren't mom's great?! Very rarely do I buy any of Peter's clothes! :lol I wish we had a decent consignment shop here, we don't. Good for you on the swimming! I'm in awe that you can do the butterfly!

Have a great day all!
Old 08-10-2004, 10:58 AM   #13  

Thanks for all the welcomes! I don't have kids yet but just reading some of your posts makes me exhausted. Kids sure run you ragged don't they? Anyways, just a post back to LBH, yes I drink LOTS of water. Living in Arizona, it's a necessity. I'm so happy I made it to the gym yesterday and ran/fast walked 2 miles. I also kept it under 1600 calories. That's a big deal for me. Woo hoo!
drummergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 11:51 AM   #14  
LBH

Good for you DG!
Old 08-10-2004, 01:58 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Morning all: Breakfast at grandma's didn't work out to well, I couldn't stay out of the cinnamon rolls. I am keeping things in perspective and doing a garden salad for lunch to compensate. Have both kids at home today, sat Wil in front of Baby Bach to use the computer. Have a good day everyone!
morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote