Old 07-28-2004, 11:58 PM   #1  

Default Baby Names

Well......We have FINALLY came to a decision on the girls name!!!!! The boy's name has always been a given! If it's a boy it will be named after his grandpa and his dad.. Charles Thomas III... either call him Charlie or Trey (for the third). We have had many discussions on the girl's name, and we have finally agreed. If it's a girl it wil be Linda (or Lindy) Emma-Grace. Linda/Lindy is after my mom. She died suddenly almost 5 years ago and her name was Linda. Emma is after my DH's grandma. And Grace is a name I have just always loved! DH didn't really like that name at first...but I would not budge. He had finally decided that he loves that name! So, now I have given the book of 20000 names back to my SIL. Told her I never wanted to see it again!!!!! That's just too many names to choose from however, I did get a good laugh out of some of the names Now the only decision I Have to make is to whether to call a little girl Linda or Lindy!

Hopefully next month we will be able to tell what the sex is. Well, I will anyway. DH still swears that he is leaving the room when they tell me what it is. His family and mine want to go to see the ultrasound, so he says that they have to leave the room with him! He only wants me to know the sex of the baby He actually thinks I will be able to keep my mouth shut for over 4 months and tell NO ONE what the sex is! Yeah Right His thinking is if everyone knows, someone is sure to tell him!!!!! Well, just thought I would let you all know what names we have chosen!!!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 08:34 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

OH Lisa!! Those are sweet names!!! Great choices
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 08:34 AM   #3  

I vote for Lindy! It's a nice twist on your mothers name but she will have her own.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 08:39 AM   #4  

Thanks Brenda and Jane!! Jane, I was kind of leaning that way also. Would like for her to have her own name, but with a twist of mom's!
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 08:45 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I like Linda as the first name, thinking about it as an older person and at work, it sounds very professional. You can always call her Lindy as a nickname. My daughter's name is Grace Ann and I call her Gracie, but I figure when she's older Grace is a nice name for an adult and not "cutsy." But then she can choose.

I like your decisions.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 11:02 AM   #6  
Head Princess

Great choices! And I'm voting for Tre for the baby if it's a boy. I love that name!

And now that you've chosen your names, I can tell you the names DH and I have picked out if/when we decide to have babies.

Girl: Jordan Joleen - Joleen is my middle name and I got it from my father's name. DH says he'll call her JoJo

Boy: Tegan Allen - Allen is DH's middle name and he got it from his father's name as well.

Yeah for baby names!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 04:02 PM   #7  
Each Bite of Sugar...

We had our names picked out (we knew it was a girl), but refused to tell anyone what we had chosen. OMG did that get a reaction! We NEVER budged the entire time - we told my mom it started with a B, but she never did guess it.

When Joey was carrying her from the delivery room (C-section) to the special care nursery (GD blood sugar issues) he showed the baby to my parents who were anxiously waiting, but forgot in the heat of the moment to tell her the name! So, when they wheeled me into recovery, I had to shout it down the hall. LOL!! Bridget Isabelle.

We have potential names chosen for #2 but we aren't telling again. It was WAY too much fun not to tell.
StorybookMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 04:45 PM   #8  

Nice names Star! I like both.....modern but not to "out there".

No offense to anyone but imagine what it is going to be like in 70-80 years when all these Chrystals are in the nursing home

I always had two girl names picked out if I ever had children.....Molly and........oh **** I can't remember the other one.

See I'm too old to have kids...I'm already forgetting things!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 07:28 PM   #9  
Baby Steps

The oldest is named Courtney Marie and youngest is Kayle Anne. yes, it's pronounced kay-lee. WHY they ask a mom how to spell babies names after giving birth is beyond me
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 12:02 AM   #10  
Movin' and Losin'

Great names, Lisa! I'm really into Lindy -- I like it.
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 12:52 AM   #11  
Look at me go ;)

Beautiful names I really like Lindy (I got Lynn for a middle name out of both my grandmothers being names Linda) and I like the idea of not telling too. We told Eric's name as soon as we found out and it really got on my nerves hearing other people's opinions of it.

Besides, you may change your mind at the last minute. Eric started as Eric Randall (Randall after my dad), then changed to Eric Anthony. We kept playing with the idea of changing Eric to either Rayne or Joseph but at the last moment, after he was born, we decided on Eric Joseph (after St. Joseph). If it were a girl, she would have been Allison Elisabeth (Allison as a modified version of my mom, Alice) but probably called Ali, and then it was Allison May, May after Gary's favorite Grandmother.

If we had a girl now it would be May ( I love old, classical, graceful names for girls) and I would wish to give her my middle name (Lynn) but Gary says its too Asian SO it would probably be May Elizabeth-Lynn. If we have another boy we are screwed! It took forever to agree on Eric. Although I would probably push for Rayne something.....even though a lot of people think its a girl's name.

Anyways, sorry to ramble.

Last edited by Cinnymamma; 07-30-2004 at 12:54 AM.
Cinnymamma is offline   Reply With Quote