Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-18-2004, 05:50 AM   #1  
Oooo Silly Me!

Default Friday, June 18th Chat

I figured since I was up and it was a new day... I'd start a new thread.

Okie... I'm a bit upset with myself. I was flipping nad floppingin bed so what do I do? Come outside see if there's anyone on to talk with. Of course everyone is asleep... well sigh... I dunno what came over me. I popped in one of the kids tv dinners and I plopped in front of the TV and ate. Sigh... a lot of things going on right now. My grandmother is having a hard time with getting around, my Godmother has been put on diability for her legs so she's having a hard time getting around, my aunt who came out here last week is upset with her son for not being divorced and seeing another person, altho he and his wife have been separated two years... no excuse I know. Then tonight we've grounded the kid from going to her school dance because of some irresponsible acts and she hates us and we're unfair and she never wants to speak to us again. Responsibility flies out the window when shes with her friends. She's getting to that age of where if we don't grab hold of her we may loose her. Middle School, Teenage years... OY! Now my mom is not talking to my dad and fathers day is coming up and Uggg I just remembered I forgot to mail out my father's day card to my God Father. I'm on a roll I tell ya. It's been a stressful day... and now I've got tv dinner to add to the "What the heck am I suppose to do" list. To top it all off, the kids computer is fried, her harddrive died, and now my computer is acting up. I'm doing all kinds of upgrades and scans and de-frags and what not... for those of you who have me on your buddy list, yes, that's me popping on and off... on and off... my silly attempt to fix what's wrong. I'm just gonna format and install XP and get it over with. Well, not now anyways. **Think Happy Thoughts** eeek!

At least I can say one thing... I'm depressed, but this is nothing compared to the major depression spells I've been through... I'm just upset that I let my stomach and mouth get the best of me. OY! I hope this didn't kill any of the work I have been doing...

Okie enough whining... I'm off to bed again. Tommorrow I'm going to try to reduce my calories to make up for my self-destruction. I think I'm okie now that I've gotten things off my chest.

Goodness, what a depressing way to start a thread... I hope I don't depress anyone... It was therapy heheh...

Sniffle... ni ni everyone
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 08:16 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning everyone and hiya Babycakes,

Sue, its so hard when there are so many things we are struggling with to stay OP. My first response to anything, weather it be sad or happy is to eat. Emotional eating sucks big time, its no different than some one reaching for a cigarette or a beer. Well you know you didn't really blow your diet for the day, yes you ate something that wasn't on plan but you can be good the rest of the day, don't let this one thing get you down enuf to say ah *screw* it I'm just gonna pig out. Just say ooops! I won't be doing that again There's so much crap going on in my family right now all I want to do is SCREAM!!! and stuff my face b/c thats the only way I know how to comfort myself. So what do we do? how do we stop turning to food for comfort? you know people can throw things at us like, read a book, go for a walk, well thats all good advice but to me its not helpful. It doesn't stop my thoughts from wanting the food for comfort........ So what do we do girlie? how can we stop this? wadda say we work on it together ? We can do this, one baby step at a time.

So whats on your agenda for today, whats the rest of the day gonna be like for you?

I have 1/2 a day today at work, summer hours !!! then I have to bring my mom a few places, then go home, move my furniture around because a guy is coming to the house tomorrow to tighten the rugs, gggggggrowl !!! lol. Long story....

Whats your plans for the weekend ??
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 09:26 AM   #3  

The party is over......back to work this evening and all weekend....hubby home from golf today.......been a great week........I'll check in later.....hang in there Sue.......sounds like a lot of ''stuff'' going on........Leens lucky half day friday........hi everyone else.........still can't find the icons.

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 10:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

I'm doing payroll but wanted to pop in and say HI. I was up again late last night with teenagers so I did not get up and exercise, but I will make up for it tomorrow. no big deal.

Sue - HUGS! hope you got some sleep!

Leenie - enjoy your half day of work. I'll sure you'll be running around all afternoon. hugs.

Liz - thanks for explaining how to make your rice. Basically that is how we make regular rice down here in the South, but we don't add the butter at the end. sounds good tho! Dirty rice or rice dressing is basically cooked rice, mixed with ground meat and white onions and green onions and it is really good!

Tippy - did you get your computer fixed?

Cin - I made the pumpkin/butter pecan muffins last night. they are pretty good. really moist that is for sure. Even tho I am watching the bad carbs (cake mix) I had one last night and 2 this morning for breakfast. yummy I forgot that I am not a big fan of pumpkin, but they were still good. thanks for the recipe!

I hope everybody has a blessed day! I will check back later!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 10:45 AM   #5  
CIN

Default Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Good Day Gals
Wow.................................long posts today but I managed to read every word.

Posting surely helps just unloading all the stuff! Please know strangers care!

Cathy.I chuckled when I read "pretty good"....it really depends how long its been since you had a real piece of cake! I forgot that a bake them a little longer cause yes they are moist......................I froze what was left after hubby ate who knows how many last night!

I walked and beat the rain this morning........I am showered and heading out for my monthly hair cut! Have a free day today to ............free meaning to do as I please..................I dont get many of those so I get real excited when I have 2 in one week.

I am picking up my grandaughters in the morning.They are 9 & 10 and we are driving to Newport Aquarium in Cincinnati for a day outing! They dont get to do many "out of town" trips........so we know they will love it. They are so well behaved I would take them ANYWHERE and be proud!(No I am not a proud Grandmother! )

BBL
Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 11:00 AM   #6  

Wink Hi

Just wanted to jump in and say hi to everyone

Wishing you all a brighter day!

Just wanted to jump in in between projects...

Quote:
"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be sronger (wo)men. Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to your tasks." - Phillips Brooks

Summer
GEMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 03:29 PM   #7  

Good morning everyone

I am really tired today....couldn't go to sleep last night....awake until 1....it's earlier...than the other nights...between 2 & 3.....since last Friday have had trouble going to sleep every other night.....still feeling sad almost every day....can't wait until the withdrawal symptoms are finished.....it's 6 weeks since I started tapering off the Celexa now.

My DS1 also has SAD....he is seeing a Naturopath....doing natural meds....I am going to call one here where I live....today....I am so tired of feeling so terrible & tired all the time on these meds.

I guess I am not in a good mood right now....sort of cranky....maybe it's from not enough sleep this week.....see you all later.

Edit.....well it's later now....1:20 P.M. right now. I called the naturopath....& have an appointment for Monday morning at 10:30 A.M.......have never been to one before.....they said to bring all my meds.....they fill a bigger size zip lock bag.....it feels like I have a drug store here.....they told me I would be satisfied with the treatment.

I am going to have a nap now.

Bobbie

Last edited by april99; 06-18-2004 at 04:25 PM.
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 03:01 AM   #8  
Oooo Silly Me!

Afternoon Ladies…

Leenie – yeah and the whole time I’m like I should NOT be eating thing… then I go and say, it’s okie I’ve done so well I can loose it no problem. Uggg the justifications kill me hehehe…The rest of the day went well.. I had a banana for breakfast and through out the day I had ½ a cup of yogurt then I had the rest of it towards dinner and another banana hehehe. Then I had a nice salad with some chicken and a grapefruit. I also a a can of sprite *grins* but it’s okie cause I didn’t go over and managed to stay about 100 calories under what I should have. So I think I did okie today, plus I went out bowling and walked some. This weekend I’m heading out to the computer show. Gonna be a lot of walking that day. Gotta buy a new hard drive for the kid. Hers is fried. Then Sunday I gonna bowl a make up game for the Monday that we are gonna be out on vacation, the 28th. Then Monday I have regular bowl… a lot of activity going on hehehe.

I gave in tho… the kid was so good that I decided… well her father and I decided to let her go to her dance. After all it was the end of sixth grade and her first dance. So I took her out shopping got her an outfit then I did up her hair. Oy she looked so beautiful… I was all teary eyed when we dropped her off at the school for that dance… sigh they grow so fast! I remember when I first came into her life at the age of 4 she was so itty bitty and now she’s a teen… eeek!

Cathyxxx – Thanks… I felt better after I aired out LOL I sat out in the back patio for a bit. Did some star gazing… hmmm smog gazing? Heheh

April – AHHH! Hehehe you should have been on here we could have been up together LOL I too had a hard time getting to bed, but all is good now.

Alrighty ladies…you guys take care!
Love…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote