Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2001, 11:32 AM   #1  

Hi Owls,

Started new Thread the other was so long I had to sit and wait for it to load.

Looks like it has been awfully quite around here.

I finally have some nice weather, and of course I have to work.
Trying very hard to stay on track these days, walking, back OP, still not drinking enough water though.
I am looking at another summer being unhappy with my size, and kicking myself in the butt, cause if I had gotten off of it and stopped screwing it up I would be at goal by now!!!!

Why do you suppose I continually do this to myself over and over.
Oh well no sense dwelling on it!! Just need to get it in gear and stay there!!!

I have been thinking about going to an overeaters anonymous meeting to see if they can help figure out how to beat this behavior of mine.
Has anyone ever been to one?

Well, gotta go get ready for work, Be back soon
Old 04-08-2001, 12:13 PM   #2  

Hi everyone,

Sorry I have been missing for so long, you know how it is. Well I am doing okay on program, not great but okay. Still not smoking, week #6(I think), I have kind of lost count. So I am proud of that accomplishment anyway. I have not read the old thread yet but will try to soon. Just wanted to say HI.

Bren
Old 04-08-2001, 10:43 PM   #3  

Default My limbs are like lead!

Oh the fatigue.....I wonder if the shot could have done that or if I'm getting enough to eat???? My blood pressure is lower now due to the weight loss..it's like....90 over 60...the doc says it is not too low though...but when it gets this way the energy goes! Feel like I need to eat more than my points will alow!!!!!

Penny....stick with it...I have never been to an overeaters annon gorup but some people like it. I don't need motivation...never had that problem. My Fibro is the big culpret in my weight gain!

Bren.....great job on the no smoking!

Gotta go my arms are having trouble keeping up!
Old 04-08-2001, 11:59 PM   #4  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Hello everyone. I'm going for my tonsillectomy tomorrow at 6am so I'm off to bed in just a few minutes and wanted to say hello first.
There is so much I have to tell you.....the first being that Christine, the woman who is/was living with us is moving out tomorrow!!!!!!!! Thank God I wont be here or there would be World War III. Today, she punched me in the jaw after I tried to break up a fight between the kids. She's so out of control and of course I then became furious and Bill actually had to pick me up and move me otherwise I probably would have killed her. She's dislocated my jaw and my neck and shoulder and back are all totally out of wack now. Need I say more? I really thought she would change and maybe be a more responsible person but as the months went on and she attached herself to yet another man, I knew it was hopeless. I've been trying to keep it to myself and not bore all of you with this Bull but it's so out of hand that I have to vent to my Owl buds. My jaw is killing me and I can't take any pain killers since I'll be under anesthesia tomorrow and so I was told I can't have anything tonight. AGGGHHH!!!
Well, I know I'm just throwing bits and pieces at you but when I get out of the hospital (in 3 days)....I'll be able to fill you in on everything......that is, if they don't steal this too! They're going to fix my jaw since I'll be under tomorrow as well. Oh joy! Can't wait till I wake up after all this.........."Oh Nuuuuuurse"........
"See" you all soon.
Hugs,
~Pamela~
Old 04-09-2001, 06:35 PM   #5  

Hi Everyone,

Wow this place is dead lately, but I am not one to talk, sorry I am not here much but I told ya all that I would disappear here and there. Well I finally had a day on program, I had a huge salad for lunch with a scoop on tuna salad and a huge salad for supper with 1 cup of pasta w/hc sauce, and a serving of breaded eggplant that I got at trader joes, I love that stuff. I had a yogurt and lite english muffin for breakfast and for snacks I had a banana 2 chocolate crunch rice cakes. Now if I can make it through the rest of the evening without blowing it I will be happy. The tuna on the salad at lunch was not planned for, I wanted a plain salad but they were out so I am going to take my own salads so that doesn't happen again. I am still going to start counting my points at night with dinner. I will go to weigh in tomorrow but I know it will probably be a gain but hopefully next week will be good. Oh yeah I drank all my water today too.

Candice, having low blood pressure will definitely make you more tired. Make sure you eat right too and get enough iron, when my iron gets low I am very fatigued all the time.

Pamela Jo, oh my gawd girl, what the heck is going on there? Geez, you must have been living in complete misery the last few months. Gosh girl, I just can't beleive it. Well I will be looking forward to being filled in when you get the chance. I hope your surgery went well, I am sure it did, Just wanted to wish you a little good luck and happiness, yes a little late but the thought counts right?

Emmy, how ya doing girl?

Hello to everyone else out there.

Bren
Old 04-10-2001, 12:51 AM   #6  

Hi Ladies,

Wow is it quite in here!!

PJ Wow I am so sorry, how can you be such a good friend to such a jerk, after all you have done for her she hit you!!!! So sorry to hear it

Candice Thanks for the support I am trying really I am.

Well I am really pooped been up since 6:00am

Talk to you again soon
Old 04-10-2001, 12:59 AM   #7  

Default Arm still hurting......

I wish this would go away... I can't get anything done!

Bren I'm not eating much red meat can that lower iron....I think I eat a pretty good balance of things and not much junk. I know if I eat at the lower end of my points sometimes I get tired but that doesn't happen very often Hope you made it through the night without eating above your points!

PJ.....hope your surgery goes well and like I have said before..I could not have anyone living here with us! Your a Saint!

Hello all other Owls...gotta be short since typing hurts!
Old 04-10-2001, 10:08 AM   #8  
Is is spring yet??

Hi there!!

Gee I haven't been here in a while - I have been lurking though.

Penny - I have never been to OA myself - but my boyfriends moms friend has and it really helped her. She lost tons of weight and has kept it off for a while. Try it out - you may love it! Good luck. And keep drinking that water. It really does help you - in so many ways.

PJ - I hope your surgery went ok yesterday! And gee what a story about your friend. Well seems like she wore out her welcome - and that is too bad. She messed up a good thing - but hey you did what you felt was right. You are a great person! I hope your jaw is ok too. OUCH!

Candice - I hope you are feeling better soon!

Brenda - Good job with the not smoking thing!! You are doing well - and hey to stop smoking and change eating habits at the same time is tough. Give it some more time - just do your best. The food thing will happen!

Ok where is Emmy, Setina, Meredith, Judy etc Come out gals and SAY HI!!

I have to run - busy busy here at work. Tara
Old 04-10-2001, 12:25 PM   #9  

Hey Ladies,

Just a quick Hello, I have to be leaving for work soon and am still in my sweats

We are finally getting some good weather sun is shining still a little cool though but I will take it.
Snow is steadily melting, can actually see a few pieces of grass.

Well I am doing better, never did make it to the OA meeting my shcedule got to busy but hope to try to make it next week.
Promised myself to start with the water today.
Take care all
Old 04-10-2001, 09:24 PM   #10  

Hi There,

I just got back from my meeting, I skipped last week and wanted to skip this week but I forced myself to go. I gained 1.4#'s, well it could have been much worse and I mean MUCH worse caus I really pigged out. I have also done something too, I have always known that the scale is part of my downfall, I get on it 2 or 3 times a day every day! If it says I am doing well, maybe down a bit that is just the green light to go and eat that treat I have been wanting, if it says I am gaining even though I am trying to do good well another green light that says to heck with it let's eat. and ofcourse once I get started I keep eating. Well I have hidden it away in my house like on top of the closet but I am so addicted that I get it down. So Anyway I put it in the trunk of my car tonight and am going to try to stay away from it for this one week, I have never accomplished that before but I really want to do it and see if it makes a difference. I am about to give up so I just have to do something.

Hope everyone is having a great week.

Brenda
Old 04-11-2001, 01:40 AM   #11  

Default Hello Owls!

Tar... Good to see you!

Penny...hope you like the OA and it helps you!

Bren.....I know what you mean about the scale..I think we all obsess over it! Hope it works ..putting it in your trunk! Stopping smoking and trying to ose weight I have heard is a real challenge! Be proud of yourself!

I lost another pound....even though I have no energy..I'm trying tom make my slef do the Treadmill alittle everyday! Dumb arm still hurting..see the doc today! Stormy here and lots of flooding so here is a rainbow I found!
Old 04-11-2001, 09:17 AM   #12  
Is is spring yet??

Morning!!

You know I have to say I have never been scale obsessed. Ever. I have a scale - but I rarely use it. I mean its always different than the WW ones - so I try not to torture myself. And its better that way if you ask me!! But everyone is different.

My dad is home He came home yesterday and has some adjusting to do - but is doing ok! So far so good!! My mom needs more patience - but she is doing ok too. Its hard when someone is gone for 2 months and comes home to expect things done for him. He thinks he is in the hospital! But its nice to have him home

Brenda - Don't fret the small gain and get right back OP! YOU CAN DO IT!!

Candice - I hope your arm is better soon - let us know how it goes. Good job on the 1lb lost!

Penny - When you do go to OA - report back in - I am curious to know how it goes.

I am really busy - so I have to run. Have a good day everyone!

Tara
Old 04-11-2001, 07:48 PM   #13  

Smile

Hey there everyone,

Judygal had a great idea on subsidizing our forum to see how we like it. She thought it might be a good idea to have different threads for different things, so if you have any ideas go ahead and start them and we will see how we all like it. I agree, the night owls have been pretty much the same for almost 3 years. Let's shake it up a bit. I thought owl talk might be a good idea for our main thread, what do you think?

Brenda
Old 04-11-2001, 08:47 PM   #14  

Hey Tara,

I was just wondering, have you tried to get into the private moderator forum lately? I have not been able to get in for a couple weeks, just curiously.

Bren
Old 04-11-2001, 08:54 PM   #15  

Default MERGED!

Hello everyone,

I merged night owls#48 with owl talk#1, which means basically that it copied all the posts from that one over to this one, our new main thread. Hope that is okay with everyone,

Do you guys think it is a good idea to stick our new threads so they don't get lost on us? If not let me know and I will unstick them. Anyone have any ideas for threads? If you do go ahead and start them and either tara or I will stick em when we see them.

Well, Let me know if you have any suggestions, thanks again Judygal for the idea

Bren
Closed Thread