Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 11:14 PM   #1  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Cool Close enough to Wednesday...

Hey guys!

I haven't been around for a while (months?) but managed to drop by to lurk today (thanks Jess for the PM!) At the beginning of February, I got a new position at the company I've been with and I just don't have the time to post at work anymore! Add that to work getting a little crazy with watching where we were going on the internet... you get the picture...

I hope everyone's still doing well! I may have to work through some of the posts just to see what everyone is up to lately. As for me, I haven't really been paying too much attention to watching exactly what I eat, just watching the scale to make sure it doesn't fly up, kind of in a maintenance-mode. It would be really nice to lose a bit more, but I'm not all that concerned about it... in fact, for the last few months, I've been trying to NOT think about it. For over two years, it seems like that's all I trained myself to do was to think about weight loss, and it totally worked! After all that, I think I lost a lost of the "fun" part of me -- the part that liked to talk and think about things other than weight loss. So I kind of got away from all that, and started doing other things.

I've also started dating someone ... He's from my hometown, which is two hours away from where I am now, so it's a little strange. We'll see where that goes ... I'm excited about it, but don't want to rush things just yet...

Sorry to make this so much about me - I just haven't had a chance to read through any of the other posts yet! I'll try and do that sometime and keep an eye out to post to keep up with you all -

For now I'll just send out a big "HEY" to all the girls I'd talked to before and also to all the new ones! Hope all is well!
Old 06-02-2004, 10:28 AM   #2  

Morning Angie! Your stats are so amazing. I definitely think maintenance mode is a great idea for you for now. A new man in your life!! That is so exciting. Keep us posted on how things are going! That is such a fun time...the beginning of a relationship! Oh client coming BBIAB.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:48 AM   #3  
Eve's Mom

Hey Angie and Becky

Angie - I know how you feel - I took a hiatus too after I lost 40# and just enjoyed life for awhile. I didn't gain. Now I am trying to lose more and struggling, but I am still trying (hard ) have "fun" and not be obsessive! it's a fine line, eh? Congrats on your new man!!

Becky - how's it going?

Today I am back in teh office after a weird stomach affliction - I think it was food poisoning from hard boiled eggs. It hit me after work (I had a 3:30 snack of 2 eggs) and I was vomiting in the morning, and stayed home! Today, feeling A-OK though. WI is tonight, but I might just run in a for a weigh and leave, as my Grama is here today, and leaving tomorrow. I think I did well, despite eating ALL of my flexpoints...I really tracked, so hope hope.

Gotta run - get some work done before noon. Another super crazy day in the works. MIssing time is the WORST.

PS - do any of you golf? DF and I are taking golf lessons this year together - four hours with a semi-pro instructor. Should be a blast! My company allows me to write it off as "fitness".
Old 06-02-2004, 11:31 AM   #4  
Running Babe

Hi All,

I just got into really weird discussions with my boyfriend last night... nothing too bad... just discussed our pasts a bit etc... still strange discussions.

Anyway, I don't mean to be a downer, but I think I should share something with you all. I saw Kierie's statement about how after a full meal it can be easy to binge. I have a problem with binge eating and I have had it for 2 and a half years... I became ultra obsessed with food and still do sometimes. Proper diet helps (I am hypoglycemic on top of it), but when I slip I can hardly control it. I never had a problem with this when I lost weight which is the ironic part. I have gone for help for this in the past, but I think I need more. I don't want to undo all the good work I have done. I want to be thin, muscular and physically and mentally tough. I have hardly told anyone this and I am embarrassed, but felt you guys should know. I have been better lately though, but still struggle.

Angie: That is awesome!!! Maintanence is hard, so hey that is wonderful! New boyfriend, kudos

Take care!

Ali
Old 06-02-2004, 11:45 AM   #5  
Running Babe

Belle: The golfing sounds fun. I am moving very close to a driving range so maybe me and my honey should sign up! I hope you're better...

Ali
Old 06-02-2004, 12:01 PM   #6  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Belle, Hubby is taking his final golf lesson tonight. The lessons taught him so much about what he was doing wrong and has really helped him out. I don't golf, but I do have my mom's hand me down clubs. Hubby wants to teach me. I am just not sure.

Ali, Don't be embarrassed. I am sure there are a lot of people out there that have binging problems. I am one of them. I try so hard to just have a sampling of things to try to curb my binge, but it rarely works. This is a struggle I have had most of my life. I don't binge and purge tho. And I feel like I am getting better at it, but some days are harder than others. We are here for you if you need it!!

My work days are getting so hectic. We just started with a business coach, so things are even more hectic. I am so glad I have Friday off!! I think I need to come up with a new system for organization. I am very organized, however I am getting behind on a lot of filing and stuff.

Have a great day all!
Old 06-02-2004, 12:13 PM   #7  
Proud Canadian

Morning everyone! I didn't get to go for my lunch hike yesterday and I didn't feel like doing a tape when I got home so I ended up at a competitive drop in volleyball from 8:30 to 11 - it was fun but I'm sore today...I'm just glad I got that exercise in. Today is convocation around here and I'm helping out in the afternoon. They always have snacks and goodies. I'm planning in advance to have half a sandwich but throw away the top half of the bread and NO SWEETS - because if I say just one, I'll be sure to have 2 and I'm having such a good week...
Angie - Nice to hear from you!! You didn't mention if you like your new position. Hope it is going well for you!
Becky - hope your client went away so you can come back and chat
Belle - glad you're feeling better - maybe your strange sickness will be a positive for WI tonight?
Ali - Thanks for sharing. I binge eat as well - go big or go home being my theory. And I examine the situation a day later and have no idea why it happened. I've been MUCH better since I got back to WW but while I was on a "break" I'd binge eat more frequently and the results on the scale showed. If seeing someone helped you with it - I say go for it - there is nothing wrong with finding out why we react the way we do in certain situations. And, you look great and have done FANTASTIC so you should be proud of what you've accomplished! Just my 2 cents. That's what we're hear for, to help each other through our struggles...

Off to clean up the mess I made of my desk yesterday. I'll try to check back but it's working up to be a busy day.

KT
Old 06-02-2004, 12:15 PM   #8  
Proud Canadian

Hi Jen - We were posting at the same time! I don't do my filing at all. We are so busy in this office that we bring in a temp every three months to catch us up on the files.

KT
Old 06-02-2004, 12:32 PM   #9  
Running Babe

Jen and KT: Thanks so much for your kind words. It's tough eh? Before I lost weight I ate whatever and didn't care. Sometimes, if I eat a slice of cake I am like "well I blew it" and eat whatever else. If I am worried I binge too... Trust me, I doubt I would be 15lbs over if I never had this problem... Well I will work at it and do my best. I gotta remind myself I am stronger than my food.

Cheers!

Ali
Old 06-02-2004, 01:01 PM   #10  
Eve's Mom

Ali - I am with you - I dont' know what it is about me, but I have considered OEA to see if it helps. I mean, KT it would be nice if being sick helped me, but as soon as I COULD eat, I did. I had a DQ ice cream last night on top of it. And believe me, if I Have a cold, it's total binge eating. Boredom gets me too.

I'll write later, have to run right now. BBL
Old 06-02-2004, 01:23 PM   #11  
Running Babe

Belle: Thanks, I guess it is slightly comforting that I am not alone in this. I am at my wit's end when it comes to this and am so fed up. I am exactly the same way when I have a cold... I get cookie and cracker binges (and cereal)... I would be fine if I could just have one treat a week, enjoy and eat OP the rest of the week. Even if I wasn't 100% OP just as long as I didn't binge. I am seeing a work counsellor on Monday and I guess she'll refer me or ask me to see my doctor (I see her in two weeks anyway for a pap). I have debating OEA too... I can out eat anyone I know and it's kind of sad.

Ali
Old 06-02-2004, 06:06 PM   #12  
Proud Canadian

I wonder if anyone has attended OEA meetings? They might have some really good information or helpful hints.

I didn't do as well as I had hoped at my free lunch. I had the half sandwich with no bread on the top and it was wheat bread so that was a bit better than white and a diet coke - I had about 20 potato chips (I'll have to look up the points when I get home) - but then after we finshed we sat down for a bit and I did not resist the evil Carrot Cake. I will have to not partake in dessert tomorrow at my Thursday Potluck to make up for that but I should be OK for the week.

KT
Closed Thread