South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 06:19 PM   #1  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default Miss Me? Take 2

Apparently, my post poofed! Which stinks considering it was long and took me a long time to write!

Ok, starting again...

Evening Beach Chickies!

I am back from my 5 day hiatus - from both SB and the internet. I spent a lot of time with my brother and dad. Even my sister and my mother [who is in a home after her 3rd heart attack, kidney failure and a stroke within 2 weeks of each other 6 years ago]. I never got along with my sister or mother [who's now mentally incompetant and partially paralized] so I am trying to make amends. I emotionally ate a few times, but kept it to a minimum, which I was proud of.

I stayed on plan with one snack and meal [usually dinner] per day. And I never ate later than 9pm, which is amazing for me, since I usually go out to a diner with friends to give us something to do.

I did drink a few Michelob Low Carb beers and had a few drinks -- but nothing flavored or with juice as I usually do. When I ate out, I stayed OP [aside from a mozzarella stick or two!] and ordered fajitas without the tortilla. I was starting to LOOK like a fajita.

I did have a few sweets as well [like real Italian Ices] and yesterday I had some rice and potato salad -- but it was West Indian food. And well, my friedn is West indian and I was at her mother's and you do *NOT* say no to food in that house. So I had a bit of a few things and passed on the rest. I ate quite a few nuts to satiate my appetite and NOT eat more of the sweets.

I did ok, and am expecting a gain of about 4. Which is ok, because I am going to start Phase 1 again -- starting with tonight's dinner. Then I will shower and go get some groceries. Stinks because I bought berries and Cool Whip and was looking forward to having them. But I will wait the 2 weeks for Phase 2!

It was great to get home. I saw family and friends for the first time in 6 months. I had people commenting left and right, wondering how I did it. FOr once, I wasn't the fat one in the group. Actually, come to think of it now, my friends GAINED weight so I may have been the thinnest! I went shopping and bought some *real* size 16's in "normal" people's stores!The best had to be the note my dad left for me this morning [he leaves for work at 5:30A, and I was way asleep then]. It said:

Jennifer -- Have a safe trip home. It was good to see you, come back soon. Keep losing the weight, you look good. Love Dad

There was also a PS -- Because I always forget stuff home. This time he guessed I left 3 items. So far, I don't think I left anything! We'll see.

I put the note on my fridge to keep me from going in to get things that are not good for me!
Old 06-01-2004, 07:20 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Jenn, I'm so glad you had a good time. And what a lovely note from your Dad. I can appreciate what that would mean to you.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:25 PM   #3  

Ellis - especially since he's not one for emotion or noticing things [is any guy?] He also was not the best when I came out to him and that caused a rift. But when my ex and I split this past Decemebr, he was a bit better. So who knows. I am just happy he said that on his own, you know?
Old 06-01-2004, 07:28 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

I hear ya, hon. My Dad is the exact same way. Seems like that generation of men went missing when they handed out the "communication gene".
Old 06-01-2004, 07:33 PM   #5  

lol Ellis! Communication gene! I call it the"I can't relay emotions" bug.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:46 PM   #6  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

I'm glad you had a good trip. You did great as far as I am concered. I find it so hard when I am away from home to stay OP. Sorry to hear about your mom, that must have been rough but it is good that you are trying to get things back on track.

It must have felt so good to hear the compliments and tip questions. Are you planning on going back to phase 1 for 2 whole weeks? I don't know if I could do another round of that. haha If I mess up, I think I will detox for like 1 week max. Have your cravings come back?

That was such a sweet note from your dad. I think I need to put a motivator on the fridge as well, good idea.

Welcome back!
Old 06-01-2004, 08:02 PM   #7  

Thanks Steph!

Yes - -I did not find Phase 1 all that hard. I am not a big rice, sweets or bread fan but I do love potatoes. Only had them once though. I will miss the fruit I had [green apples and pears] but all in due time.

Plus I bought the cookbook so I have new recipes this time around.

Decided to go shopping tomorrow evening -- will pick up lettuce and some snacks for the day in the AM. I am too pooped!
Old 06-01-2004, 08:47 PM   #8  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hi Jen glad to see you back. Glad you had a great trip. It is nice to put all those emotional things in balance. It will help you get balanced. What a wonderful note from your dad.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:07 AM   #9  

welcome back Jenn, I think you did real well considering what you would have ate if you were not making an effort to loose the wieght. You have a real positive attitude twards a new lifestyle and i think that is the most important part of being a success on this program. I cant wait to shop in a normal size clothing store. I got a little teary eyed reading your thread. I realized i have not shopped in a normal size area since i was like 12 and i will be 30 next week. wich i am not taking well...lol. Well i just wanted to say welcome back and good job on keepin it real on your hiatis....lol.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:00 AM   #10  

Melissa -- thanks so much. Talk about teary eyed though -- the first time I was able to shop in a "normal" sized clothing store was only a few weeks ago -- and only because most have started selling a size 16!

My goal size is a 12 and weight at 165 or so. We'll see. I am just thrilled to have gone from a size 24 to a 16 in 14 months!!!

Thanks for the support again all.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:49 AM   #11  

Jenne -

Congratulations! I know what you mean...it has been very emotional for me as well. It's nice to know that there are others who feel the same as me.

It has been very overwhelming with the changes (good ones) of my body/size/shape. I started as at least size 26/28. Now I am down to a size 9/10. This is the first time in my adult life that I can shop in a reg store. When I try on clothes, they actually fit.

I kinda feel like one of those people that have to cope w/ becoming a millionaire over night. Sounds weird, huh?

Anyways, Jenne...keep up the great work...I am rejoicing with you!
Old 06-02-2004, 10:52 AM   #12  

We missed yoou
Old 06-02-2004, 11:16 AM   #13  

welcome back jenn i think it is great you had a good visit with your family. i know what you mean about the note from your dad. my dad wasn't the greatest but the one thing he always did was notice when i lost weight and it always makes me feel good when he makes a comment. great job staying on the right path with your food choices!!!
shopping in the regular size section of the store is a huge goal for me also. great job getting there!!!
Old 06-02-2004, 11:58 AM   #14  

Wow Jenn a size 16 sounds great i started a size 24 as well, I am only a size 22 now and on my way out. Keep up the good work
Old 06-02-2004, 12:33 PM   #15  

SB4Life -- WOW!!!!!!!! How amazing for you. That is some accomplishment! BRAVO!

Natter -- I really missed you all too. Reason why I was Op for some meals was because I kept thinking, "now what would the beach chicks say??"

Jodi -- amazing what dads notice, huh? And I have no doubt you will reach that goal

Melissa -- I am sure that you will get there too.

YOU ARE ALL INSPIRATIONS!
Closed Thread