Old 05-14-2004, 08:26 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Friday 5/14 (TGIF!!)

It's once again raining out. I like rain but this is ridiculous!! The scale was VERY nice to me today but I won't mention what it said for fear when the official WI tomorrow it'll go up. Hopefully I can do a good report when posting tomorrow (sometime. I won't be able to in the morning because I'm giong fishing).
To continue part of the discussion from yesterdays' thread. DH is jealous of guys looking at me. Shoot, even at my top weight if I talked to a guy longer than 2 seconds he'd get po'd. I should probably mention when I married him I was a size 7 and weighed 120 pounds (the weight I want to get back to). He doesn't understand my desire to weight that much again. Hm. Cuz I felt sexy and desirable at that weight? Cuz I didn't feel like I was squishing him?
Hope you all have a FANTASTIC Friday!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 08:38 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

Hi Brenda, I can relate to the squishing effect, BOY can I relate.......

Nothing much new here. Tomorrow I'm thinking of taking dd to this huge flea market, just to get out and walk around, but w/all the sudden thunder storms we've been having the past week or so, I'm not sure if I wanna.

I have to hit the road today at 10:30 for a business trip (mini) but will be back around 2 pm or so........ hmmm maybe I'll just go shopping instead hehehe. Naw couldn't do that

Watcha all doing today ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 09:59 AM   #3  

Good Morning Everyone

Brenda: Glad that scale was finally nice to you!! Hope that it gets even nicer by WI. I can relate to your DH. Mine gets jealous of ANY guy I talk to. With my job (waitress) I have to be nice to everyone and talk to everyone, and when he is in there he gets so mad if I say anything more than necessary to the guys! Really gets on my nerves, as I am a very friendly and outgoing person! So I just look at him like....get over it! I mean I have been with him for 16 years, so looks like he should have some sense of security now!

Lennie: Have fun at the Flea Market if you go! I sooooooooo love them! Maybe the storm won't get you out there!!!!

Well, I am off to work for my longggg day! Geez...I hate fridays lol! Had a busy day yesterday and I am worn out today, so know it's gonna be one of those days! Hope everyone has a great Friday, and an even better weekend!!!!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 10:16 AM   #4  
The Princess O' Pets

Hey there chickies!!! ITs FRIIIIIIIIday!! Yippeee

well I am already at work, and I have cramps TOM is going to visit any day and I feel OK spirit wise! Starting back to the gym hopefully tomorrow, one DS has a cold so we will so how it pans out. Last night I was starving!! After I finished food log then I ate a tone more food all LC or NC but still food!! Its was crazy thats when I figured out about TOM. I could have eaten the fridge!! LOL

Brenda & Mrs H My DH used to be like that too and sometimes it rears its ugly jealous head again cause he is very quiet and I and very out going and sometimes he thinks I am too friendly to guys BUT I tell him to get over it. Especially when we go back to visit in my hometown, every guy I talk to he asks "was that your boyfriend? " What a dork! I just remind him who I actually married and had babies with!

OOOOOO Leenie I LOVE a good flea market!! You lucky bum! I love thunderstorms too!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 10:38 AM   #5  

Good Morning !

Brenda - Men! Need to say nothing more. Hope the WI goes well, enjoy fishing.

Lennie - Drive safe. Enjoy the Flea Market tomorrow.

Mrs H. - Tired, but if the customers don't show up, the day drags and les money. Hang in there.

TG - I'm already at work also, see how hard I'm working . Get to feeling better, mine are never a pleasure either...... for a week prior.

Nothing going on today, although I do have one appointment so that'll take care of maybe an hour in a 9 1/2 hr day. Oh well, what are ya going to do. Have a good day.
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 10:58 AM   #6  
Head Princess

Oh, how I love Fridays!

Brenda - I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that! DH actually encourages me to tart up and go out. When guys look at me, he's like 'yeah, and she's with me!'. Besides, if he was all jealous all the time, I'd kick him to the curb and he knows it

Leenie - I love flea markets! Have fun!

Mrs. H - Think of the tips. Fridays have to be good for that, right?

TG - hope the cramps go away soon! Going to the gym will help.

Morti - take a nap?

I'm feeling good and being bad (big huge sf vanilla breve this morning).

My other Tim (yes, there's 2) came over and hung out with me last night. He's a total goofball so I'm sure I burned up a lot of calories laughing my tail off. DH got home around 11 with McDonalds for them and Miller Lite for all 3 of us. Still managed to get to bed by midnight, though. And this morning I woke up all perky at 6:00. So I got myself to Starbucks for my evilness and still got to work by 7. That means I'm going home early today! Waaaa-hooooooo!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 01:37 PM   #7  

Happy Friday everyone!

The scale was my friend this morning. It read 179.6. Wahoo! I'm sure I'll wreck it this weekend though w/the birthday celebrations and all. Hopefully I won't screw it up too badly. I did wake up w/a sore throat, so maybe it's kharmic - don't feel like eating - so don't cheat - so don't lose the 179 - hmmm... We'll see, I'm hoping for a BIG rally before tomorrow night.

Have a good weekend all!
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 01:47 PM   #8  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Sounds like you've got fun things planned for the weekend. I haven't been to a flea market in AGES!!! Have fun for me there

Lisa: Hope you find some energy to get you through the day!

TG: Sorry to hear about the cramps. Don't forget what I said about the heating "pads"!! Hope DS feels better soon!

Morti: Don't you hate having to kill time? Goes so slow!

Star: Hm...should I mention my DH's name is Tim?? Where's MY fun guy?

Kerri: Sorry to hear about the sore throat. It seems 'tis the season for that. Everyone around here is getting sick and not feeling well. Weather changes and such. Hope you feel better soon.

Oh crud. Did personals and now have no time to add what I did today. Nothing exciting but stayed OP so far. Gotta fly (again). Have a great weekend
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 02:14 PM   #9  
Head Princess

Brenda - that's too funny! I thinking of starting my own collection of Tims

Kerri - A little warning about Saturday in case you show up. The group I hang out with there has a high proportion of guys with shaved heads and girls with blonde hair and blue eyes. It never occured to me how bad that could look until someone pointed it out to me a couple of weeks ago. They just about fell over when our friend, Mark, came and sat down with us because he's black. They thought we were a bunch of skinheads!
Old 05-14-2004, 02:15 PM   #10  
Somethin's gotta give

Brenda~ well, I guess we all like to know someone loves us and wants us to themselves, but it can get old....Dale is sorta like stars husband....he likes it when I get attention, but he never misses the chance to "jokingly" say something about me leaving him for someone else....I on the other hand, I come home to him surrounded by girls everyday...ages 3, 4, 6 and 7....yep, when we pull inot the cul-de-sac there is a chorus of "HI DALE!" from the neighborhood power puff girls...do they even acknowledge my presence?.....not a chance.

Leenie~ Flea Markets.....theres a big flea market in my heaven...and everythings a quarter

Mrs H- "I hate fridays" ...I think that is THEE first time Ive ever heard that sentence

TG-LOL! I love the "was that your boyfriend"....followed by "he likes you" ( after talking to ANYONE for more than a minute)

Morti- Hmmmm...maybe you could challenge your appointment to a rousing game of boggle...that might kill some time

Star~Miller lite- Gods gift to dieters....wish I could find that thin ice stuff around here....

LOVE~ WOOT! I'll be right there to rally with ya!
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 02:24 PM   #11  
Head Princess

Marie - check Fred Meyers

As for the DH and jealousy, I'm a humongous flirt and so is he. So we both flirt within mutually agreeable boundries. It's not uncommon to find me sitting on another guy's lap when we're at our bar. They're all friends, so it's ok. I even gave DH a list of people he's allowed to kiss given the right circumstances (aka, good drunken fun) and my presence. We always go home together and I don't doubt his feelings for me, so it's not a big deal. If I was sitting on some strange guy's lap or he kissed some strange girl, that would be a whole other story.
Old 05-14-2004, 02:47 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Everyone,
Had a good day so far, except for the gloomy rain cloud that is hovering above my town. Who was it again that said they like thunderstorms? I have a couple to blow your way I'm happy today is Friday, I have so much to get caught up on around the house it's driving me insane. My basement has nicely been converted into an indoor swimming facility, free of charge due to the overwhelming amount of rain we've had. I just need to clorinate the water and put up a life guards chair and I'll be all set! I also need to purchase a small boat to get my wash from one side of my basement to my dryer on the other side. So it looks like I'm doing laundry in my shorts and bare feet.. OYE!

Brenda - Have a great time fishing tomorrow, hopefully the sun will peek out for a few moments so you can enjoy the warmth. I know your getting hit will all the same weather we are here.

Love - I wish my scale was being half as nice as yours. Your doing a great job! Have fun at the birthday celebrations this weekend and I hope your cold doesnt get you down too much.

MrsH - Have a great day at work, hopefully your Friday will fly by fast and you'll be home before you know it.

Star - I think its really great when a couple can have a relationship like yours. Jealousy is an ugly monster!

Theo - Dont you love it when DH can pick on your past, as if everyone in his was just a dandy ya know. Ah well what can you say?

Leenie - I haven't been to a flea market in years.. that sounds like such fun. Have a great time no matter what it is you decide to do

Marie - Little girls with their crushes seldomly involve the wife Ah well it could be worse.. they could be big girls!

Last edited by Trazzie; 05-14-2004 at 02:49 PM.
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 03:00 PM   #13  
Total Sass Bucket

Hiya Chickie-doodles

Well, 3 students and I FINALLY caught the prairie dog last hour yesterday and boy did it take a LOT of work. Poor thing was awfully worked up though. However, we are making friends today so I'm hopeful that in a week or 2 I'll be able to let him out of his cage to wander around the room .... with all holes plugged up of course!

Today is a teacher's institute and I'm really glad. I feel like I've been totally rushing nonstop the past few weeks. End of the year has hit hard this year and I'm scurrying around like there is no tomorrow. The boss is giving all sorts of little projects to get done as well and they're driving me crazy. It also seems like my psycho coworker is going to be here next year as well, which really is a huge pisser. I can't stand her! Ugh. Oh well.

I haven't been the greatest over the past few days. One thing or another has come up and I've had one high carb meal per day pretty much all week. At least I'm staying fairly low carb the rest of the time!

I think that's it for now. Congrats to everyone who lost a lb this week.
Marie: your man is a cutie pie!

Have a great weekend!!!!!!!
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 03:16 PM   #14  
Head Princess

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I was just reading a post of Noodles' and have now found my perfect smiley!

Old 05-14-2004, 03:17 PM   #15  
Total Sass Bucket

omg, that's hysterical
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote