Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 10:01 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Is it really Monday?

I could hardly wake up this morning...

Anyway, I hope everyone had an okay weekend. I ate really well and had my treat though I found it too sweet!

Anyway how is everyone doing?

Cheers!

Ali
Old 05-10-2004, 10:13 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Monday...

Ali--Good morning! This weekend was WAY too short. I struggled this morning, too, to get out of bed. I'm glad that you ate well this weekend--how much have you lost now? Even though your treat was too sweet, did you still enjoy it?

My weekend (eating-wise) was OK. Saturday started out fine, but I went over on points. I think that if we're up really late, we should get extra points. I ate dinner around 6 and by 11 I was starving again. I think we should get extra points on those days. Yesterday wasn't so great either, so my challenge to myself is to do well next weekend and get right back on the WW wagon today.

That's about all I know... I'll probably be back later today. See ya!
Old 05-10-2004, 10:39 AM   #3  

Morning Jess and Ali! My weekend was good. I did have some lemon fluff pie yesterday at our Mother's day dinner. There were not really any SBD options. There were rolls, rigatoni, watermellon (high in sugar), fried chicken, coleslaw. I made the silly assumption when they said chicken it would naturally be boneless, skinless not sure what I was thinking. Anyways I had one piece of the chicken which believe it or not was enough to make me full and then I had a piece of the pie. I did well the rest of the wknd though so I am not sweating the pie. We had a wedding on saturday and I somehow managed to do well there. OK enough about food and me.

Ali~ Great job eating well this wknd and yes I hate to say it but it is MONDAY!

Jess~ Sounds like your ready to start the week strong. Me too! BTW I like the stay up late rule. I'll sign that petition

Well Off to work I go. I will check in again soon!!
Old 05-10-2004, 11:51 AM   #4  
Proud Canadian

Morning everyone!! Well, I treated myself this weekend a bit - we made homemade canelloni on Saturday but it was all my points for the day and at least I knew exactly what was in it. Sunday was a bit harder and I ended up with fried chicken for dinner - I should have made a better choice. This week will be a good one though and it will make up for the weekend. I also got in a walk with my mom yesterday so that took care of some of my over-points-ing. I went to WI on Saturday and I'm down .2!! Who-hoo! a loss is at least not a gain. It's almost TOM so I figure I've got some extra water weight and hopefully will see a bigger loss this week after being good all week. Watched Van Helsing on friday night and laughed very hard (I don't think it was supposed to be that funny though.) A couple of the people we went with were not happy about spending money on that. I was entertained. And that's about it for my weekend. It's raining hard today so we'll see if I manage to get in a walk at lunch. At least I have volleyball tonight...

KT
Old 05-10-2004, 12:24 PM   #5  

Good morning girls!

I had a good weekend too. After doing some research on the SBD, I have decided to stick to WW, and follow to a tee. Not because SBD isn't a good one, but because I got down to goal with WW before, I know I can do it again!

So, I was within points all weekend, which is critical for me since the weekends is where I falter. I didn't get any exercise in though since it has been raining cats and dogs here, and will all week (but my alternate plan is to walk on my treadmill, and do crunches and push ups each morning).

I feel renewed in a sense that I am pulling it together and gaining the willpower to lose this weight. I am WI every Monday morning which helps me stay accountable on the weekends.

I know I can do this!!

Here is my plan for today (I hope you all don't mind I post my meal for the day, it helps me)

B: latte (SF, skinny) 2 pts. I had meetings, so no breakfast for me!

L: chicken caesar salad (no dressing) Culver's 6 pts.

D: homemade turkey wraps with lf tortillas 7 pts.
chips 4 pts.
veggie 2 pts.

S: yep!

Total: 23 pts.
Exercise: sit ups 25, push ups 15, walk at lunch 1 mile

Last edited by TonyaLyn; 05-10-2004 at 12:27 PM.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:08 PM   #6  
Eve's Mom

Hey Tonya - I am glad you made an educated decision. I borrowed the book from my bil on the weekend, and I loved the look of some of the recipes. But after reading it all, I wasn't quite sure I am at a point where that is something I want to do just yet. I might still, but who knows!

Your plan for the day sounds fantastic!! My eating plan is OK but this week is nuts - it's down to the wire and we're pretty much focused on work and the move. I"ll be hapy when this week is done!

UGH I have to go, I'll BBL
Old 05-10-2004, 01:59 PM   #7  

Belle,

Thanks for the encouraging words! I agree, I think SBD is fantastic for many people, and I have seen wonderful results for several. But, for me, I think it is hard enough to watch what I eat, let alone, completely change my eating style. I am closer to a vegetarian than to the style of eating from Atkins and such, so to change my eating style that much is a major change, I am just not ready for yet.

So, I am going to follow Ali's lead, and do WW, but cut back on the carbs and sugars. I went to the store at lunch and picked up some SF fudgesicles, and skinny cow ice cream sandwiches, to help with the sugar fix I need at night. I am sticking to my meal plan today, and am eating a salad as we speak.

I really need you girls for support, so lets get posting!!

Anyone heard from Jen? I know last time I posted with her, she was down in the dumps about work and such, I do hope she is ok.
Closed Thread