Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 09:10 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Getting Thin Thursday

OK I have 2 minutes but I just had to share!
I'm down 2 more pounds!!! Thats with sugar mishap
so now I'm 197!!!
WB KIM!! you can do it!
Love
Kier
Old 04-29-2004, 10:23 AM   #2  
Running Babe

Good morning,

I have salt related water retention... I went out to dinner last night and I had a healthy supper, except for the sauce which I think was full of sodium, so I am retaining right now (and the soup had a lot of salt)... I felt sooo full afterwards. I am 2lbs up this morning, but I ain't sweating it, so I have been guzzling water... I am sure I'll be fine by the weekend.

Kim: Hi!!! Good luck with the tests and all, you never know, maybe you won't need them if something happens in the next month.

Kierie: Yah on the two pounds up!!!!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 04-29-2004, 12:10 PM   #3  
Proud Canadian

A quick good Morning to all!!

Stayed very good yesterday and I'm hoping to do OK tonight at the potluck - I'll go for a long walk on my lunch and I've planned for birthday cake and one piece of garlic bread - now that I've written it, I will hopefully stick to it - I'll pick up some more lime diet coke to satisfy any extra cravings. Luckily there will be more people there tonight than usual so they can eat everything and I can watch. I picked up a 9 hour shift for Saturday which is VERY good for the pocketbook but a little tiring - It doesn't start until 10:30 so I vow to go to WI first!! I'm sticking with my National Holiday/Kier's wedding challenge.

Kier - Way to go you big loser - keep up the great work!!
Ali - EVIL SODIUM - I'm sure you'll flush it out in no time.
Kim - So great to hear from you!!! Sorry that things are taking longer than you wanted. At least practising is fun...

Gotta get some stuff done - come out and play everyone!!

KT
Old 04-29-2004, 12:34 PM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Have you ever had a class/meeting that wouldn't end?
that was my mathclass today and mind you conscientious yet small bladdered me guzzled a bottle of water this AM thinking OH she has nothing to cover it won't be long
for the last 1/2 hour of class i was alternating between the clench and the chair tinky dance I just had ff turkey and lf cheese sandwiched together with some MRs Dash I love that stuff hows everybodys day ?
ALi that always happens to me when I eat out
KT you're plannign ahead you're going to kick some butt tonight
Old 04-29-2004, 01:50 PM   #5  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Hello! Not a whole lot of time to post--work sucks, you know. I'm happy to report that after my three days of screwing around on SBD, I've had three good days OP. I'm not ready to weigh myself yet or anything, but having a few successful days makes me feel better.

Kim--I was happy to see that you posted yesterday. I'm sorry to hear about the baby-making blues, I'm sure that, when the time is right, it will happen for you. I know, I know, it's easy for me to say, but I do truly believe it'll happen when it's time.

Kierie--That's wonderful about your 2 lb loss! Keep up the good work!

Ali--That's what I love about you--you're so level-headed. You look at a 2-lb gain rationally instead of getting all upset like I do. Usually, if I have a gain, I just assume I did something wrong instead of looking at why it could have happened. That'll come off in no time.

KT--Have fun at your potluck tonight!! Stick to your plan, you good girl, you!!

OK, back to work for me...
Old 04-29-2004, 03:52 PM   #6  
Running Babe

Kim: Forgot to say in my first message that I am sorry you're having a hard time conceiving, good luck and hugs!

Jess: I think that's part of the reason they don't recommend weighing more than once a week... I like seeing my patterns though that's why I weigh in frequently... Don't worry I have freaked a few times when my weight has gone up (it usually meant an unexpected period)... My problem is I sometimes over rationalize weight gains, where it really was because I did something wrong... this time I know it was what I ate.

Kierie: I have been having tons of eggs, I think I should lay (HA!!) off soon though or I'll get sick of them:P

Belle, ModLori and Lori D, Jayne, Tonya and whoever else might be reading have a wonderful weekend!!

I am going to walk 2.5kms to the bus stop yah!

Ali
Old 04-29-2004, 06:02 PM   #7  
Eve's Mom

HI KIM!!! Welcome back!! You know LOTS of people take over a year, so you are not abnormal - hang in there and enjoy trying....

I wanted to post more but I just have a second and I want to say - I, too, have the caffienne/diet coke addiction. If I have coffee in the morning I can even pass up donuts, or whatever. And in the afternoon, a coffee or diet coke staves off the other cravings!! Must be the caffienne...who knows.

DF and I saw the dietician last night and it was good - it really helped DF to understand why I want to lose weight and how, so he can better support me.

Anyhoo - I have to run - I have work to do before the end of day. I'll be MIA tomorrow as well, at an offsite planning meeting for work.

Take care, have a great OP weekend...

And KIER - congrats on 197 girl!! I WI on Sat and will update you on my status....

ciao
Old 04-29-2004, 10:18 PM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

just a quickie
df and I ate out tonight and i cheated a bit but not hugely bad I had a salad with shrimp and avocado and artichoke hearts a nd strawberry zabaglione for dessert (cheat)
quick egg tip
hard boiled eggs with Salsa nummy and veggieful!
Closed Thread