Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-27-2004, 09:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Talking Tuesday Talk, 4/27

Good Morning Gang!

Grabbing my

What's everybody up to today?

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 09:58 AM   #2  

"R" took the day off today snce it is our aniversary. In truth, he needs some time off! Work has been just hectic with lots of driving and not enough rest!

Also, our church challenges have been interesting. Last night our President of the Southern Wisconsin District of the Missouri Synod phoned us. We already had the information, but he was so kind as to want us to know the link where we could follow the process of the seminarians getting placed. He also told us to expect a phone call regarding the young minister coming here!

This afternoon, we're going to visit a church member who has brain cancer. It's heartbreaking. She always had a smile on her face and a hug to give! Her husbands first wife died of brain cancer too. Oy!

Gotta go....
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:07 AM   #3  

Default Good morning!

Hi Gang!

Happy Anniversary Tip.....have some fun today!

Cathy I've got my coffee as well.....trying to keep my eyes open just worked 5 evenings.......and kids had yesterday off school so it was tough going getting up this morning.

Had a rough weekend with dd 12.....lots of pre teenage issues...."MEAN GIRLS"........funnny I bought a book called "QUEEN BEES AND WANNA BE'S'...
now that book is all the rage and a movie has been written based on it...this part of parenting is not fun .

Had a nice warm sunny weekend...still haven't got my yard in order. Gonna rest up today.

See ya later!

HI everyone!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:10 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi

Sorry I'm MIA, been hectic lately, home and job. But I'm chugging along.

Flower your retreat sounds WONDERFUL, is that the same retreat that Dr. James Dobson is always mentioning on his shows, I've heard of those womens retreats and especially that one. It must have been wonderful. I got goose bumps reading your post......thanks for sharing. I went to a retreat w/my sister and we did the same thing, we shared a room and acted like we were 10 years old, laughing and giggling. I even farted so it would bring back child hood memories HAAAAAAAAAA

Kem, boy am I sorry to hear about Joe's cousin, gosh its been a sad few weeks around here hugs and kisses to you guys. And I'm proud of you for keeping busy, its really the only thing to do.

Cathy, I'm not up to much today, just work

April, feel better how are you today, wanna talk ?

SueMarie I know how your friend feels, I've also had miscarriages but God has a purpose for those babies that are now in heaven. Don't feel rotten b/c you asked her how she was, people who go thru that need friends more then they care to admit. Just give her some kisses and hugs, its all you can do.

Where's the rest of the gang ?

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:11 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Liz, you got in b/4 me.
Girls can be rotten can't they, aww your poor daughter. Its tough at any age but the young age is so fragile. Give her a hug and tell her that the mean girls are only jealous and probably have pimples on their behinds, thats why they are so mean

HUGS !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey gang!

Tippy - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU AND YOUR DH! HAPPY 25TH!

Liz - hugs! give your girls a hug for me! and I'm with Leenie - those mean girls have pimples on their behinds - they can't help but be grumpy. ;-)

Leenie - tell your job to be nice to you and give you a break. ;-) hugs!

phone's ringing........

hugssssssssssss
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:43 AM   #7  

Good moring all you beautiful Ladies

Picked up new pair of shoes for walking yesterday. Can't wait to try them out today. My husband gets his last fitting for his teeth , two weeks and he will have them after six month with out them and gain of 13 lbs most lose not him.

Lennie: You talk about farting , they feed us Sauerkraut, we were moving the sheets all night. *Giggle*

Tip: Happy Anniversary

liz: I had an awful time with my son and bullies. Keep talking and going to the school privately. Never stop talking to my son keep being there for him and trying to change things. Know its not right but teacher end up hitting the bully i was so happy. He stop after that. If i know that i would of laid him out myself. I know its not right but wanted it to stop for my son.

You know i don't drink coffee sorry ladies. I grab a cup of tea
Flower_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 11:31 AM   #8  

Hey guys.

TIP HAVE A GREAT DAY TODAY!!!! 25 years WOW!

Liz I was the target of bullies whnen I was young. My neighbor used to beat my up everyday after I would get off of the bus. My mom had to call the school to get this guy to leave me alone. I wonder if that is why I feel that I have to be such a strong person now. I mean sometimes people say that I am a little scary looking. Like I could kick someones butt all of the time.

Cathy did it cool down for you a little bit with the rain that came through. Hey, we take what we can get around here huh?

FS I love getting new shoes I actually have a weakness for shoes. My family makes fun of me for it too.

Leens and eveyone who sent their love, thanks. It has been pretty crazy with all of the deaths around here. I was thinking about our cousin the other day and I started to wonder if he was trying to make things right in his life b/c his time was coming. I mean I know that he didn't know what was going to happen but God had a plan and I feel that he was trying to make our last times with Holden good ones. I was listening to all of the storeis from the family about how he had great visits with them the last time they saw him. 1 weekend b4 he died my hubby and some of the other family members where up at our camp repairing some things and Holden was there. They all said that when they left Holden gave them all a really big tight hug. Normally we all hug when we leave, but this one was a grab hold of you hug. I know it sounds far out there but it just make me think.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 11:40 AM   #9  
Divine Gal

Default Good Morning Ladies

We went to see BIL last night.They knew we were coming so they had him sitting up in a wheelchair.He was up for a whole two hours.He is still so very weak and when he lifts his hands they shake real bad.This was the most me and dh have seen him awake.It was refreshing to see him sitting up.

When we got my bunny Sunday the clerk told me my bunny was girl.BOY were they wrong....Poor guy none the less I still chose a good name for him.He is still so sweet even though he bit me.
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 02:28 PM   #10  

Good morning everyone

Leenie....I was sad over the weekend....of course I didn't know why....yesterday I talked with DH...we did what the counselor mentioned....when one is sad....there is always a thought.....or thoughts that comes before the sadness comes....so DH & I talked. I had a niece get married last weekend.....I couldn't be there....I am missing another family gathering....again....with my 5 sisters & everyone.
After Dh & I talked....after some hours....I felt better....so it does help to sort out the reason why we feel sad.

It rained last night....but I see some blue in the sky now.

Tippy...........Happy 25th Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kem....so sorry to hear about Joe's cousin.....I read about the hug....I had an uncle who died in February....the last time I talked to him....before he got sick....months before....he told me he loved me....that's the last time I talked to him....it's a nice memory.

April
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 02:45 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Liz - I feel for you & your dd. When my dd was in Grade 7 everything was fine, then changed overnight. Two new girls to the school decided they didn't like her & it was amazing how they took over the regular group of girls that dd hung around with. The last 4 months of grade 7 were the worst in the life. Everyday it was something -big groups of kids following her home or waiting just off school property then verbally abusing her all the way home. Got to the point - that basically the school was hoping someone would physically harm her THEN they could something. I was at the school several time for meetings including all the girls & parents. The girls parents who started this would not come to the school and wouldn't return phone calls. I just prayed for summer holidays & over the summer she mostly hung with other kids. I had decided when Sept rolled around if things were the same we would switch schools. It didn't come to that, but her relationships with her so-called good friends were never the same. For highschool, my dd & two of her really good friends went to a different high-school & rarely see those girls. Apparently at that age group this is common & girls seem to be even meaner than the boys. I would never have believed that things could get so out of hand if I had not experienced it myself. I hope things get better for your dd and try to get her to talk about things with you. Good luck.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 02:55 PM   #12  

Thanks for all the support..it sure hurts.....I have been on the verge of tears all morning......as this is her first day back since everything happened......and I am wondering how she is doing....I know that she has some responsibility in her relationships but it sure gets complicated.

Seems silly that kids are having to deal with this stuff when there are so many more serious things happening in the world.

Thanks again xoLiz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote