Old 04-08-2004, 07:30 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 6"

Default Thursday's Chat - April 8th

Mornin' Everyone,
Yesterday my WI was great, I managed to skim off another 3 pounds. Now you would think that would be enough to put me in the greatest mood for the remainder of the day.. geesh I'm not sure what happened but I was a cranky old snot. The wrath of Trazzie fell upon my family, but at least a few things around the house got done so it wasn't a total waste I think I overdosed on cheese or something.

I don't have much time to catch up on personals, but Star I wanted to let you know that same thing happened to me about 7 years ago. She happened to be my best friend and she was bi. One night when we were having a ladies night out she was putting on the moves and I told her straight up that there is no chance of this. I have no problems with her being this way or any other people but to respect that I choose not to be. I had been friends with her for years, but after this it seemed liked that is all she could think about. She kept on trying ploys to get me to play and eventually I just told her that I loved her "as a friend" but she couldn't respect my feelings and that was something I couldn't deal with and I didn't want to be around her anymore. I actually have quite a few lesbian friends and I have no problems at all with their lifestyle, as long as they don't try to drag me in it. I hope everything works out with your friend and you, but if it gets to much just walk away.
Okies off to work.. Hope everyone has a great day!!
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 07:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Good Morning girls!

I have to go for confirmation, but it looks like this child was not meant to be. Thanks for all of your good thoughts and prayers.

Please don't anyone be sad on my account. That is what I hate the most. God has a plan for me! I just have to wait to see what it is! That is the hardest part. As soon as my blood test is back today I will be officially back on induction and getting on a plane to FL in 17 days!!!!

Have a great day everyone!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 08:25 AM   #3  

Oh LoriAS I can't help but be sad for you. I was so hoping this would work out. But you are right....there is a plan for you and you must follow.
Please know that I am thinking of you

Whip em into shape Trazzie! Congrats on the 3 pounds! WOW I wish I could do that.

Star: I know you won't be checking in until much later but I hope you are feeling better about the situation today. I hope you didn't take offense to my "little" joke yesterday afternoon. I worried about it all night. I'm sure this is a very hard situation to be involved in.

Well, WOOOSH my 2 pounds of bloat are finally gone. Phew. Now onto my May Challenge. I want to get the rest of this weight off so bad I can taste it. I am finally feeling thinner. I may not be Twiggy but I look good for me and that is what counts.

I have to hit the grocery store tonight and would love some new ideas....anyone have anything good to suggest?

Talk to you all later.
Jane
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 08:33 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Jane: congrats on the weight loss! Keep up the good work!

Lori: Sorry to hear your news. Don't you just wish God would send a straight out signal of what He plans??

Trazzie: I sure wish I could skim off 3 pounds. Seems forever since I've lost anything (including inches). Kind of frustrating to get so far and then have it stopped. I would be happy if I was firming up!! If you need some more people to whip into shape my kids and DH are home today and the house is a mess

Well, I managed to stay on program yesterday (woohoo!! Two days so far! ) so I'm hoping to have a surprise on the scale (I admit, I've been watching it but I'm not taking it into account until Saturday cuz I just know it'll go back up) by this weekend. I over-did my salad again and I think I need to cut down a little on my supper portions to get the weight moving. That and the exercise I've been doing has GOT to work!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 09:16 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies,

Lori you've got a great attitude and YES God does have plans for you. It will happen when the time's right. I had a miscarriage about 3 1/2 years ago, after that I got pregnant 3 months later. HUGS and KISSES to you and if we didn't care for you we wouldn't feel sad.

Trazzi 3 MORE pounds, oh girl you rock !!!!

Jane can I give you my shopping list

Brenda, how can you overdo a salad ? you mean dressing, cheese, stuff like that ? aww hang in there, your doing wonderful and you really are an inspiration to me.

Everyone to come and anyone who've jumped in b/4 me, HUGS and Kisses.

Remember today is Maundy Thursday, keep it in your hearts.

Love Yah's.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 09:51 AM   #6  
Mouth of the South

Jane, congrats on the loss!

Trazzie: Ditto

Lori: I am sorry sweetie! You are right though. God has a plan. You don't have to know what it is at the moment, just know that is for the best!

Brenda: Yeah for staying on plan!

Leenie:

Well, I am so darn proud of myself! I wanted SO badly to eat some Hagen Daz Dulce De Leche, I had the container, the spoon full of ice cream, and I put it back in the freezer. I really should have thrown it away instead of putting it back in the freezer, but I didn't eat it! I just had two strawberries for the first time in a long time. They weren't all that I thought they would be though. I hope all of you have a great Easter!
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 10:33 AM   #7  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning gals!!

Oh Lori I know just how you feel it is the un-telling people that hurts the most and hoe they feel sad for you, you are so strong, if you ever need to talk just pm me. I am happy you have a positive attitude about it, that helps alot.

Trazzie: you go girl!!! Congrats!

Hi leenie girl, Jane and Brenda!!

Well I am going back on induction for a week after Easter Sunday. It is time to rein myself in. I have been having a little slip up here and a little slip up here, so it is time to put the hammer down on myself. I am letting myself ride until Sunday and then making new personal goals and BOOM back to induction! Gotta whip my a** into shape. hahahahahaha!!

Talk to you later gotta get to work!

LoveTG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 10:53 AM   #8  
Head Princess

Good morning!

Lori - Big big hugs to you! What a tough thing to go through

Trazzie - Thank you! It really just caught me so completely off guard. I've never had a girl tell me she's in love with me before. But all is well now

Jane - No offense taken at all! I think that laughing at a situation is sometimes the best way to deal with it. It made me feel better. I'm very grateful that I have friends who help me bounce back quickly.

Brenda - You'll do it!

Leenie - This may make me a heathen, but what's Maundy Thursday?

Catgirl - Amazing, superhuman willpower! I think if it was already on the spoon I'd be toast!

TG - Thanks to your whipping comment, I now have Devo stuck in my head.

I'm feeling tons better today. And other than desperately needing to learn to go to bed earlier, everything is going good. It's sunny and gorgeous outside and I came to work with wet hair! I love going to work with wet hair - I have no idea why

Froufy - I'm glad you had a good birthday!!!

Modestmouse, Frodo, and Hoot - if you're reading this, jump on in and talk to us!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 11:17 AM   #9  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Red face

Post Birthday Froufy here - keep checking the mirror to see if I look any older? ha ha

Still have my lovely balloon bouquet here to remind me!

Star - was just catching up on yesterday's posts - wow - how exciting! I actually am very open minded and liberal and worked very closely with a lesbian lady - yes she did glance at my legs many times, and noticed what I was wearing....but she also knew I was married and never made any inappropriate moves or suggestions. She (and her partner) are still very good friends of mine...and that's it. I agree that as your friend she should have beenrespectful of your lifestyle and wishes just as you were of hers!

Glad that you have dealt with it tho and hope this puts an end to the advances - I'm sure it was extremely awkward for you!

Trazzie - congrats on the 3 lbs down! I am envious - enjoy it!

Lori - my thoughts are with you and I hope all is for the best. I had two pregnancies that didn't "take" as we put it - and a terrible time w/infertility (took 2 years to get pregnant with my middle child). Hang in there and try to do something special for yourself!

Jane - congrats on losing the "bloat" as you call it - great idea - I'm not fat I'm just very bloated! ha ha ha (my new excuse!).

Brenda - we are all very proud of you - two days OP is wonderful - keep up the good work!

Leenie - sorry to be so ignorant, but what is Maundy Thursday???

Wow Catgirl - supreme demonstration of willpower and determination - PLEASE send some my way!!!

TG - glad to hear you will be joining the "reinduction groupies" soon - have a lovely Easter!

So do you guys all have big dinners planned and family things going on? I am in the middle of Passover (altho it is so similar to lc as I'm not eating matza or bread, etc).

My MIL's birthday is this Sunday so I think there will be a family event planned by my SIL - there will be cake and I will need to avoid it (Passover is actually a very good excuse!).

Star - I could never go to work w/wet hair - how brave of you! I would scare everyone - need to have hair/makeup on before I venture out...ha ha (okay there are some weekend days when I do "slum" it!...just hope I don't run into anyone I know - don't want to freak them out too much... )

I am looking forward to a very long four day weekend off! YIPPEE.....hope everyone has a great day!

Froufy

Last edited by Froufy; 04-08-2004 at 11:21 AM.
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 11:30 AM   #10  
Head Princess

Thanks, Froufy! And how funny that you mentioned the makeup part, too. Since my eye surgery, I'm not allowed to wear eye makeup yet and that's pretty much the only makeup I wear. So I'm at work with wet hair AND no makeup!
Old 04-08-2004, 11:32 AM   #11  

ok you asked for it you got it! My mother would be so proud.

Maundy Thursday
The feast of Maundy (or Holy) Thursday solemnly commemorates the institution of the Eucharist and is the oldest of the observances peculiar to Holy Week. In Rome various accessory ceremonies were early added to this commemoration, namely the consecration of the holy oils and the reconciliation of penitents, ceremonies obviously practical in character and readily explained by the proximity of the Christian Easter and the necessity of preparing for it. Holy Thursday could not but be a day of liturgical reunion since, in the cycle of movable feasts, it brings around the anniversary of the institution of the Liturgy. On that day, whilst the preparation of candidates was being completed, the Church celebrated the Missa chrismalis of which we have already described the rite (see HOLY OILS) and, moreover, proceeded to the reconciliation of penitents. In Rome everything was carried on in daylight, whereas in Africa on HoIy Thursday the Eucharist was celebrated after the evening meal, in view of more exact conformity with the circumstances of the Last Supper. Canon 24 of the Council of Carthage dispenses the faithful from fast before communion on Holy Thursday, because, on that day, it was customary take a bath, and the bath and fast were considered incompatible. St. Augustine, too, speaks of this custom (Ep. cxviii ad Januarium, n. 7); he even says that as certain persons did not fast on that day, the oblation was made twice, morning and evening, and in this way those who did not observe the fast could partake of the Eucharist after the morning meal, whilst those who fasted awaited the evening repast.

Holy Thursday was taken up with a succession of ceremonies of a joyful character. the baptism of neophytes, the reconciliation of penitents, the consecration of the holy oils, the washing of the feet, and commemoration of the Blessed Eucharist, and because of all these ceremonies, the day received different names, all of which allude to one or another of solemnities.

Redditio symboli was so called because, before being admitted to baptism, the catechumens had to recite creed from memory, either in presence of bishop or his representative.

Pedilavium (washing of the feet), traces of which are found in the most ancient rites, occurred in many churches on Holy Thursday, the capitilavium (washing of the head) having taken place on Palm Sunday (St. Augustine, " Ep. cxviii, cxix", e. 18).

Exomologesis, and reconciliation of penitents: letter of Pope Innocent I to Decentius of Gubbio, testifies that in Rome it was customary "quinta feria Pascha" to absolve penitents from their mortal and venial sins, except in cases of serious illness which kept them away from church (Labbe, "Concilia" II, col. 1247; St. Ambrose, "Ep. xxxiii ad Marcellinam"). The penitents heard the Missa pro reconciliatione paenitentium, and absolution was given them before the offertory. The "Sacramentary" of Pope Gelasius contains an Ordo agentibus publicam poenitentiam (Muratori, "Liturgia romana vetus", I, 548-551).

Olei exorcizati confectio. In the fifth century the custom was established of consecrating on Holy Thursday all the chrism necessary for the anointing of the newly baptized. The "Comes Hieronymi", the Gregorian and Gelasian sacramentaries and the "Missa ambrosiana" of Pamelius, all agree upon the confection of the chrism on that day, as does also the "Ordo romanus I".

Anniversarium Eucharistiae. The nocturnal celebration and the double oblation early became the object of increasing disfavour, until in 692 the Council of Trullo promulgated a formal prohibition. The Eucharistic celebration then took place in the morning, and the bihsop reserved a part of the sacred species for the communion of the morrow, Missa praesanctificatorum (Muratori, "Liturg. rom. Vetus", II, 993).

Other observances. On Holy Thursday the ringing of bells ceases, the altar is stripped after vespers, and the night office is celebrated under the name of Tenebrae
Old 04-08-2004, 11:36 AM   #12  

Geez, now after reading that I am not surprised that I barely passed my confirmation interview! Holy Cow.....no pun intended.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:42 AM   #13  
Head Princess

Um............huh? So it's a catholic thing? That's the most I could figure out from that.

Can I get a 2 sentence explanation sans latin?
Old 04-08-2004, 12:22 PM   #14  
Mouth of the South

Wow, Jane!

What? I grew up Catholic, but I don't have a clue what that said!

Froufy: Happy belated birthday!
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 01:39 PM   #15  
The Princess O' Pets

Wow Jane I am buddhist and I understand what that said!!!

Just kidding I was catholic before I was buddhist thats how come I understand!! Heee hee heee
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote