Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-29-2004, 11:54 AM   #1  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Talking Monday Thread!

Hi Ladies. I just noticed that my icon on Friday's thread was a thumbs-down. I know I clicked on a smiley face!

Sorry I didn't post this weekend - I wanted to comment to everyone else, and didn't have the time to write much with one hand free. (Holding the baby, of course - that sounded a little pervy!!)

Angi - I hope Elijah is better!! I hate feeling so out of control and unable to help when the kids feel bad.

Chris, congratulations on your abstinence!! Even though I'm not officially working the steps yet, you all have given me lots to think about, and I'm feeling better. I'm currently at my lowest weight since giving birth. Lots more to go, but that's still encouraging.

Kat - it says a lot that your friend told you she was jealous - a more mature person would've realized their feelings were irrational and worked through them on their own. Instead, she put responsibility on you. I'd be annoyed too!

Ellis - I think you must live on the other side of my weird neighbor. I keep reaching out to this woman, and end up slapping myself in the head. A couple of days after Matt's surgery, she called at 10:30 at night to ask if we'd seen who knocked over their mailbox, and didn't we think they should've left a note, and should she call the police, blah blah blah. We told her it was probably someone at the house across the street, since they host a bible study, and we were sure they would take care of it. They fixed it the next morning. She didn't ask about us or the surgery or anything. Very self-centered and dramatic, with almost no common sense! She's told me about leaving her baby in the car while she runs into drug stores, and they take walks while she's napping, all kinds of nutty stuff. If I notice, some psycho could notice, too. I'm afraid what might happen if she didn't have me to be the voice of reason.

Okay, that's my rant for the day. The cats are doing well - much less hissing and growling than I expected! They'll be licking each other before you know it.

Good days, everyone!
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 05:50 PM   #2  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone...called a nutritionist's office today and had to leave a message. Doesn't anyone actually have PEOPLE to answer the damn phone these days?
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 06:27 PM   #3  

Just a quick hello. The thread is quiet today!

This week is pretty busy but next week I have off.

My friend emailed a very quick reply to my repsonse. I haven't seen her at work, yet, but we have a meeting tomorrow. It'll be interesting how she acts (all last week she acted cold towards me). Thanks for the support, ladies!
KatSLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 08:17 PM   #4  

Elijah is worse - we have a stronger antibiotic, so we're praying he feels better soon. I also have another round of strep, so I'm hoping MY antibiotic kicks in too.

Ack!
AngiKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 08:44 PM   #5  

Hope your family feels better, Angi!
KatSLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 09:58 PM   #6  

hey everyone,

i still don't quite know how you all post on this site, but since i'm determined to beat this disgusting habbit, i'll post on the daily threads.

today was another let down day for me. i ate roughly 3000 calories, which is about double the amount that i was eating when i was taking care of myself. it seems to me that if i don't eat, then i don't have the problem. but i love food too much not to eat. so even when i'm full, i still binge. when i see any food, i have to eat it. it's such a let down. everyday i try to tell myself that i wont do this stupid s@#t anymore, but it always fails. i've gained another 7 pounds from my vacation. it was a fun time but it didn't rid my stress or my eating habbits. infact KatSLP, i just dealt with the same bull S#$t with a so called friend of mine while i was on vacation. ahhhh...such a lovely friendship...(yeah...that was all sarcasm) but thats another story, and if you care to chat, write me...i'm here to help...good luck

but ultimately, my goal for posting would be to find someone that i could be able to share a daily journal with. i would like to be able to talk about what i ate, and how i felt when i ate it. stuff like that...i think it would help me. but, do ya'll have any other suggestions? i really want to deal with my overeating...it saddens me. i'm not happy anymore because i don't like who i am when i'm eating. not to mention that i have a sad habbit of purging afterwards. it just saddens me... and i want to end it.

but i hope you all have a good night. and i'll chat with you tomarrow.
aspen19
Aspen19 is offline   Reply With Quote