South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 08:57 AM   #1  

Default my loss stalled already!!!

i`m on my 12th day of phase one and i`m stuck between 6 - 7 pounds of weight loss i cant get pass 7 pounds...i`m grateful that i loss that much i never loss that much on ww, it would of taken me like 2 months for that , but at the same time i`m disappointed because i didn`t eat any carbs yet and i know when i do i really wont lose anymore

i know dr. a says to eat until satisfied , i think i may over do it in the cheese and nut dept.do you think i need to cut my portions on these foods

any advice would be appreciated have a great weekend ladies
Old 03-06-2004, 09:00 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

It's not a stall. Give it time. A stall goes on for weeks - I had one that lasted three months.
By the way, DO eat some carbs! This is not Atkins. We can and should eat legumes. Definitely watch the cheese and nuts because calories DO count. Drink your water too!
Have a great weekend yourself.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:18 AM   #3  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Ruth is right you still have to burn more calories than you consume in a day in order to lose weight. Ruth, you use Fitday, if you plug your food for the day in to their program will it also give you your calories? And if so will it tell you at your present weight how many calories you need to eat to maintain? I would see if you can find this out dani. Keep a food diry for a few days and then plug in the results. Yes the idea is that you shouldn't have to count cals on this diet, but as you lose weight you have to eat fewer and fewer cals in a day to continue losing. It could just be that the foods you are choosing to fill up on are the ones highest in cals. Try filling your day with lower calorie on plan veggies. Do a search on the glycemic index. Foods lower on the index also tend to be lower in calories.
Old 03-06-2004, 11:11 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yup, www.fitday.com gives you all that info and it's free!
Old 03-06-2004, 10:30 PM   #5  
WW Moderator

Don't give up! I've been on a plateau since the first of January. I've finally lost 2 pounds though, so I think I'm back on the metabolic track. 6-7 pounds is just wonderful for phase 1. It WILL slow down, though, but don't forget to look at the big picture. It all adds up!

PS - Most of the weight loss in Phase 1 is in the first week. You are losing water that has been storing your glycogen. Now you are getting to fat burning, which takes a bit longer to get rid of. Hang in there!
Closed Thread