Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 10:23 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - March 1/04

Well, this is rare--I'm starting the thread this week and I'm not a happy camper. I got on the scale and I'm up 1.5 pounds. I must admit that I overdid it this weekend. It's my own fault. I just need to buckle down and get back OP.

It's warm here today--80's.

Susan, how are you doing? Have you done any running?

lala, not sure if you're still traveling. How are you?

I know that Melissa is on her trip; I hope she has a safe and fun time.

Old 03-01-2004, 11:18 AM   #2  

Hi! Just checking in...where is everyone? I had a bad food weekend, but I am determined to start this week and this month with a better attitude. I am up about six pounds since last month's WI! OUCH! I wish it was 80 here, but for Wisconsin it's not too bad, it's 45, but a storm is supposed to be on its way...oh well! Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-01-2004, 01:05 PM   #3  
si, si signora

I'm back.

Had a pretty good time, emotional at times and fun at times. I visited the spy museum, ate good and low point foods, walked alot, drank too many martinis in one night (that was not low point), saw some amazing quilts and watched lots of stupid things on the dvd player on the plane. I even made it to Headquarters and had a few meetings that got things into action, so I even worked.

However, last evening was spent at the emergency vet with jacques. We think he sprained his front leg and his arthritis is finally really kicking in his hips, so he can't walk well on hardwood floors. Our whole house is hardwood, so we put down every area rug we own downstairs. Our house looks like a mosque! Anyways, he is still really groggy and cranky, but DP stayed home with him this am and reports that he is taking water now. Its soo hard to see your dog get old.

Ideal -- Join in the fun. I am leaving again in two weeks and I'll be down 4# by then darnit. I have been using etools, but if you want, I'll journal my food choices here.

Domina--I understand the weekend eating. If I'm not on a schedule, then things go bad. However, who wants to spend their weekend on a schedule.

gotta go and find some data...

Hi Susan!

I know Melissa is probably having a nap now after 1. visiting some great museum 2. visiting a garden 3. shopping until she drops before going to a 1. gastropub for dinner 2. having a nice curry at Khan's down the street from her hotel 3. deciding that a take away salad is enough is she decided to try one of the formal tea places I suggested.

Whatever she is doing, I hope its fun!

lala
lala
Old 03-01-2004, 03:11 PM   #4  

lala, glad you're back. I'm sorry about Jacques; you're right, we hate to see our beloved pets age. Yep, weekend and schedule just don't go together. I'll bet Melissa is enjoying herself.

Ideal, welcome back.

Not much else happening here. I'm going to see "The Passion" tomorrow night.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:12 AM   #5  

Beautiful morning here, and a little warmer

It seems like ages since I've been able to post. I got storm-stayed in Cape Breton last week - another big blizzard which shut down the causeway between the island and mainland. We got there about 15 minutes after they decided to close it down, but it was just as well since the whiteouts were making driving treacherous. Can't wait til March is behind us.

Welcome back Ideal. I can appreciate how you're feeling since I'm about 6 pounds over goal weight right now. I think Melissa was right - I was obsessing about it and sabbotaging myself. I've decided to take a more relaxed attitude - to concentrate on making each meal healthy and low-fat, and let the chips (m-m-m chips) fall where they may. I was driving myself crazy.

lala: Hope Jacques is feeling better. I will join you in the mini-challenge of four pounds by the time you leave. Will weigh myself tomorrow morning and go from there.

Domina: Yes, I've been running but not as often as I should, and mostly on the treadmill. The sidewalks are still dangerous here. I've made a commitment to myself to get all of my scheduled runs in this week - inside or out. Let us know what you think of The Passion.

Hi to Melissa. Hope you're having a great time.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:12 AM   #6  

Hello! Well, I did attend a WW meeting last night, tho I didn't weigh in. If I am over my 2# limit, what happens? I have to WI sometime in March...
I am having a stressful day at work, on top of my own clients, we've each had to take on 10 additional clients from a lady on maternity leave...now I am feeling overwhelmed and under paid. This is where the stressful eating comes in...throw me a life saver!
Old 03-02-2004, 01:42 PM   #7  
si, si signora

hi everyone,

weighed in today 1.8# up, so I have not a clue as to what is going on. I'm making an appointment with my GP and continuing to do the program.

I could wallow, but I won't.

Susan ---sounds like you had an "experience". Glad you are home safely.

Ideal -- Lifesavers are a good idea. I hope the clients are mellow.

lalal
Old 03-02-2004, 02:53 PM   #8  

In response to your question Ideal, if you are more than 2# over goal at weigh-in, you have to pay the meeting fee. You continue to pay until you are back within 2 lbs of your goal. At least that's how it works here.

lala: Bummer. Not a bad idea to see a doctor. It may be fluid, but it's best to know for sure.

It's run clinic nite, and it's supposed to rain heavily. Oh dear...

Susan
Old 03-02-2004, 03:32 PM   #9  
si, si signora

Susan --
I am going to make an appointment for next week.

As for the rain, hey, it could be snowing.

I just chugged 24 oz. of water, I'm going to try 96 for the next week. Did a cruddy short work out this am, so I'm going back tonight and finish off my 50 minutes.

lala
Old 03-02-2004, 08:03 PM   #10  

I think Lifetime is soooo much harder than the climb to get there. I lost 55 lbs - but then the holidays happened and I've lost my momention- I've gained 10 lbs!! and can't seen to get back on the program. I go to meetings weekly - pay my $10. and stay the same. I lost the weight (55#) in 8 months - was so good - never gained the whole time. Help
Old 03-03-2004, 10:57 AM   #11  

Ideal, Susan is correct. You pay until you get back to no more than two pounds over your goal weight. It's done that way here also. I, too am a stress time eater. Don't let it get to you.

Susan, run clinic should be good.

lala, maybe the weight gain is from all of your travel recently? I wouldn't stress over it.

diane, take it one day at a time. Don't look at it as 10 pounds you have to lose. Wake up each morning and say, this is an OP day and then stay on the program. If you feel hungry, drink water. Also, keep exercising. You've done it before, you can do it again.

Susan, The Passion is a powerful movie. It was very moving and, yes, parts of it are gruesome. The ending is great!
Old 03-03-2004, 10:58 AM   #12  

Hi Diane and welcome to maintenance land. My first bit of advice is don't panic.

Maintenance is different and in some ways harder. You aren't getting rewarded with that loss every week at the scale, and in my opinion, those who have achieved their goal weight don't get quite as much support at meetings as those who are still in loss mode. It's easy to fall into old patterns.

I could say - drink your water, get regular exercise, stay within points, but you already know that. Perhaps you could speak with your leader privately about how to spark motivation. And there is always this thread. You're welcome here anytime.

Hi to lala, Domina, Ideal and Melissa.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:03 AM   #13  

Guess we were posting simultaneously Domina.

Forgot to mention the run clinic. We started hill training last nite. The rain was gentle - not a heavy downpour - but the temps hovered around the freezing mark, so there was a nice light coating of ice on the hill to make it interesting. We did a 2 km warm-up, three 800-metre hill repeats, and another 2 km back to the store. Felt great afterwards, in spite of being soaked to the skin. Running - gotta luv it!
Old 03-03-2004, 02:21 PM   #14  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

I had a good training session this am and my trainer told me to get off the cross trainer and on the treadmill. I am in a rut. I"m starting to walk fast and I'm going to start running/jogging soon. I need to shake things up. He killed my abs, so I'll be taking advil tonight.

Ah, DP was awarded a prestigious fellowship, but it requires her to be in residence at the University for two years. She can't do it. I think her pay would go down 50% even after putting in tuition and she can't take that long off of work. We could survive no problem on a lower salary (no trips on the weekends), but I think she is more worried about work. Sigh. To be soo talented but not able to get fellowships without strings attached. I feel very bad for her.

Other than that, had a good on program evening.

Domina -- glad you liked the movie. I don't think its my cup of tea.

Susan-- er, ice and hills. You are brave.

Diane -- I would follow Susan and Domina's advice. I should on a more regular basis.

Ideal -- how are things hanging? You never told us about the car you ended up getting.

I am hoping that Melissa is enjoying herself.

lala
Old 03-03-2004, 03:58 PM   #15  

Susan, yes, you gotta luv running to be out in freezing cold on icy hills. You go!

lala, that's too bad about the fellowship. If we just didn't need money and all that.
Closed Thread