Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2001, 09:27 PM   #1  

Thumbs up

Today I am really struggling. I rejoined ww last week, and have been struggling this whole week in fact. I just hate it. Why is it I seem to WANT to lose weight, but then along comes something tempting, and I eat it.
I am tired all the time, and although I have fibromyalgia, I know that I can't blame my fatigue completely on that! I am carrying around 50-55 extra pounds, and I am just feeling really big and lumpy. Okay, it probably sounds like I am just feeling sorry for myself. I don't mean to really. Today I watched Oprah and she had some amazing weight-loss stories on. I keep thinking that I can quit all this emotional eating, and then... there I go again. My next weigh in is Tuesday, and I have to get some order into my life now....

I just feel slightly down right now. However, I am encouraged by other peoples testimonials.... so that's good. I know the weight never came on overnight, so I can't expect it to come off overnight. But for some reason, I am finding it hard to get into first gear. Could be because I have had the week off work, and I seem to do better when I'm not at home all the time. thanks for allowing me to vent. Hope you all aren't struggling like this.
Old 03-30-2001, 08:04 AM   #2  
REC

I was a WW member for 8 months, losing and gaining the same 5-10 pounds! Then, one day, I just wanted to get off the weight so much, that I kept to the plan! On the WW boards, we call it the 'click.' Once I heard it, it was easy to not eat that next gooy thing I hadn't planned for. You will hear it too. Perhaps today.

Here's some practical suggestions:

1. Don't look at this as a diet, but as a healthy way to eat. My mother and sisters (all slim) all eat this healthy "WW" way and they don't even know "it's WW." All they know is that they eat a variety of foods in moderate proportions and they stop eating when they're full. I don't give up sweets or anything I like or feel like I'm punishing myself by "dieting." I'm just eating healthy now. I think this positive mindset, rather than the punishing dieting mindset, is one of the best things I've learned from WW.

2. We've all eatten the gooy thing we didn't plan for. Just write it down in your journal and remember, "write it down, no guilt, move on." Perhaps tomorrow you'll pass it by. When you do pass on it, remember to mentally congratulate yourself.

3. Journal, drink your water, and exercise a little. You don't need to do this all at once. Today, commit to journaling (Write BEFORE you bite). Tomorrow commit to adding your water. Once you have these two habits down, do some exercise (It only need be a 20 minute stroll to start).

4. Come to the boards when you feel like eating. Or call a friend or go for a walk. If you like reading testimonials, treat yourself to WW mag. Or, pick up a copy of Thin for Life by Fetcher. Reread the WW materials and try some of the Tools for Living. I swear by Positive Self Talk. Other love Storyboarding. They are very powerful.

Good luck.
Old 03-30-2001, 11:00 AM   #3  

Default emotional eating

If you tend to eat from your emotions, try giving them another outlet. Write in a journal, paint, meditate, etc. If you don't acknowledge them, they will always hold you back, and keep you from getting to goal.

good luck,
andrea
Old 03-30-2001, 04:55 PM   #4  

I've been to and from the WW program twice before I heard the "click" (after finding this site!). I really had to want to lose weight more than mindlessly eat.

It took a lot of journaling and reading posts, but I'm on the road to shedding these stubborn pounds. The road may seem really long sometimes, but keep the goal in mind. There's a lot of inspiration here, and support from those who know what you're going through.

You are well worth youur efforts, and I wish you all the best.

Old 03-30-2001, 08:05 PM   #5  
Find a Way

50 lbs., I am on week 4 and it's getting easier. The first couple of weeks I did struggle to stay on. Part of the problem was that I was much hungrier then. I was also going through some kind of sugar withdrawal I think. I had headaches and just felt tired. But I finally decided I really do want to lose this darn weight, and I'm doing much better. I have more energy, look forward most of the time to exercise, and the headaches and tired feelings are gone. Just think of those first few weeks as withdrawal of old habits and something that can be gotten through. You will feel better and be able to make good choices as you get used to it.
Old 03-30-2001, 11:32 PM   #6  

Default I know how you feel

In the first year I was on WW I lost 90 pounds. Then the next four months I just hung around. Bouncing back and forth on the same pounds. I am now back on track. I have lost 94 and have 41 more to go. I know it can be tough, but I know you can do it. Just pay attention to one day at a time. Don't think about tomorrow, just work on today.
Closed Thread