Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 01:01 PM   #1  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Default It's Saturday/Sunday...where is everyone? (Weekend Daily Thread)

Good almost-afternoon!

I talked to my sponsor today after playing two days of phone tag. I talked about how I thought I needed a food plan, but was wary to initiate one because of my past experiences with restriction and bingeing. I talked about how I used to rationalize eating my now-forbidden foods by measuring them in ridiculously small portions (did you know that two tablespoons = 1/8 of a cup?). Of course, as soon as I'd eat them, my COE would kick me in the *** with a vengeance and it was off to the bingeing races! I was TERRIFIED of the weighing and measuring dumping me into that cycle again!

Anyhow, my sponsor pointed out that the trouble wasn't with the measuring, it was with the forbidden foods! Now that I just absolutely don't eat them... they're not an option...they cannot pass my lips without serious consequences to my health and well-being...I don't have to worry about it. I won't be measuring them because I can't HAVE them!

Jennelle

Last edited by rochemist; 02-08-2004 at 03:15 AM. Reason: To include the whole weekend ;)
Old 02-07-2004, 01:39 PM   #2  

Just a quick hello. I'll post more this afternoon.

Old 02-07-2004, 01:55 PM   #3  
Searching

Default Good Morning

Hi Jenelle, Hi Kat!

Here I am freshly awake and already spoke with my FP sponsor. She has a wedding to day so I wanted to check in early.

I think what happens sometimes is when your really working your program you really don't have much to say. I was telling my sponsor about how I handle all these problems, but what is really important to me is not bingeing. She said "Of course, because you can't handle any problems when you are."

Jenelle- I weigh and measure alot of things, but she s right I am only measuring to make sure my eyeballs aren't too big or underbig, I don't feel restricted by it since I am not trying to rationalize one bite of anything. Sounds like you got a great sponsor girl! Big plans for today?

Chrisy, Kat, Sarah, Ellis- What are your Saturday plans?
Miss Chris
Old 02-07-2004, 02:07 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, girls!

DH is on call this weekend. He's going to take DS to see a doctor today for his ear ache... he had another one last night. Poor little lovie.
Grocery shopping, a trip to the library, some cleaning (ugh), ... the usual weekend stuff. The kids are watching the entire Indiana Jones series right now. I'm letting them get away with it because they're both sick. Otherwise they'd be up and about!

Enjoy your day, dear girls!!
Old 02-07-2004, 03:19 PM   #5  

What are my plans for today? Hmmm...oldest DD had two basketball games this morning, so we went to those. Since we came home I've cleaned up the house and worked on some more laundry. Now I'm working on math homework and some lesson plans. Booorrrriinng.

Glad you all are having a good one!

I'd type more, but I'm in such a vile mood that I can't stand myself. Hate it when that happens... If my mood improves, I'll come back and post some more.

Later,
Christy
Old 02-07-2004, 06:47 PM   #6  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Christy - It must be in the air...I also have been in a vile mood...I've had about ten "stupid people" rants in the last two days.
Old 02-07-2004, 07:13 PM   #7  
Searching

Angry Just Woke Up!

(((((((((((((BIG HUG))))))))))))))))))))))))))) For all the vile moods and pass the serenity prayers around.

I took a long nap today I felt very effective.

I love you gals, I feel that maybe I need to do something to get us thinking. What do ya'll think?

Miss Chris
Old 02-07-2004, 08:06 PM   #8  

Sorry for the vile moods! Definitely know about those!

Whatcha thinkin' about, Chris?

I am taking it easy today. My cold seems to all ready be getting better.

Nothing too exciting to report on.
Old 02-07-2004, 08:11 PM   #9  
Searching

Well we need to do the Step 2 writing for February and what it means to them, do I have anyone who wants to volunteer?

Maybe doing a game thread?
I don't know do ya'll have any ideas?
Miss Chris
Old 02-07-2004, 08:28 PM   #10  
Searching

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...743#post514743

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...741#post514741

I posted some pics I would like ya'll to take a look. I don't know if you can really see the progress, but it is there

Miss Chris
Old 02-07-2004, 08:57 PM   #11  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Hello all, I am a former OA member and I had success with the program while I was on it, but did not stick to it more than 3 months. But, obviously, I still have a compulsive over eating problem. Can I still be part of your group....and I do have a 12 step book....may I join your game???

Check out my intro in the link below.....
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36345
Old 02-07-2004, 09:57 PM   #12  

Welcome Gina!

Chris: You look fab! I totally can tell a difference!

Besides linking pictures is there any other way to show a picture in a post? I don't see an upload option.

I'd be happy to type up some of my step 2 questions from my sponsor. I should be able to do that tomorrow.

I just watched "Thirteen". Excellent movie but oh my!

Have a great night....
Old 02-07-2004, 10:10 PM   #13  
Searching

Wink She's back, back again

Welcome Gina

Of course you can join us Gina! We would love to here your story, get to know you better, and always be there when you need us. We all know the seriousness of the disease so we try to be as open and honest as we can!

Kat- Share your ESH in the step 2 thread too please What is Thirteen about?

I just dyed my hair carmel. Carmel?
Miss Chris
Old 02-07-2004, 10:19 PM   #14  
Searching

Oh Kat,

There is a way to insert pics, use the post reply and go down to manage attachments, and upload anything as long as its under 50 kb.

Miss Chris
Old 02-08-2004, 01:12 AM   #15  

Thanks, Chris, for the photo info. The photo I was going to upload is too big. Hopefully DH can help me edit it later.

Thirteen IMDB info.

I will definitely share my ESH in the Step 2 thread, too! I am going to type up the questions right now.
Closed Thread