Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 06:47 AM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at home Mom's #122

Stay at Home Mom's # 122
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to a thread devoted to women who have the priviledge of taking care of our families while winning the battle to control our weight and have better health! Feel free to join right in! We look forward to getting to know you better!
Old 01-29-2004, 06:50 AM   #2  
burned out bus driver

This will have to be a quicky- my morning has changed a bit. But I should be able to get back here at 9:30 est to chat- if anyone wants to.
Decided to brave the 18 degree weather this am and walk- it felt so good!!!!
I have been using tapes......just missed the fresh air.

Dh went to bed early- so I watched Bacheorette (sp!) last night-what a sick show.......and she is a slut. (how can she turn it on for each of these guys?).
I dunno, maybe I am just old fashioned.

Gotta go hop in the shower. See you later!
Ginny
Old 01-29-2004, 08:24 AM   #3  
Movin' to the Country!

Ginny, thanks for starting the new thread and for the laugh this morning! You really got me with the slutty bachlorette!!! I haven't watched any of this one but the bachelor shows always get me for the same reason, how can they go around kissing everyone when they are supposedly "falling in love" with someone. Whatever!!! Oh, and I meant to tell you that I would very much appreciate you checking on a thin crust pizza recipe! I am fixin' to start experimenting!

Geri, glad peace has been restored at your house. When we got our cat, Sean was 1 yo and I was always fussing. Now, with our dog, that we've had for 2 years (oh my goodness time flies!!!) they still abuse him but it is not a constant thing. I know where you were coming from though. Also, as for shedding, Yorkies don't so if you ever did decide to get a dog, that is an option. They have hair like us with no undercoat. Supposedly good for people with allergies. Wouldn't have been my choice but you can't exactly be choosing about the dogs your neighbor rescues out of the highway!!!

Andrea, I will check on that program you mentioned though I think I am going to go freeform. I've been doing alot of reading and I don't know if I want to be saddled with a program, now that I know what I am up against. At least not for elementary. Maybe middle and high. We'll see. Thanks for the info. I am always open to suggestions!!! Hope TOM come soon for you. I know about those little goof-ups. I have one named Kylie! I am glad I goofed though in that case. I am alot more careful now. I don't ever say, "Oh, your ok, I'm 3 days from starting my period" because that is how I got Kylie. So, anyhows, maybe your improved eating has helped with the normal bloating!!!

Geri, I am doing much better with my health since I changed my eating. I've only had a couple days where I have felt like I need a nap but then I have to remind myself that even people with normal health feel like a nap when they have only had 5 hours of sleep. Like now, I feel like I could pass out but I've only been up since 4:30am! The only other thing is I get a killer headache when I eat sugar so I really need to avoid it but for me that is hard. So I am working on that.

Well, I can't remember anything else from the last thread. Hope I am not ignoring any questions. If so, just ask again, ok? Hi Spryng, Ricci, Lori, and Missy. Ricci, I'm gonna get online today and see if I can find that thigh stuff. I could definitely use help there!!!

TTYL!!!
Old 01-29-2004, 09:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Well now I have no clue what everyone wrote in the other thread, but that is ok
Ginny, I am so cold natured that I could never go for a walk when the weather is in the teens! I must have heat! Is that 9:30 est, 8:30 central?? I will check in at that time at the chat room. Actually it says I'm there already because I never closed out that window. But I'm not really there, lol. So don't let that fool anyone. Kinda like my yahoo messenger, it says I'm available 24/7 because I have a cable connection and never am offline. I almost watched the bachelorette last night, but just couldn't bring myself to do it. I did watch The bachelor, the one that turned her down, but I think the whole thing is kinda dumb. Only one couple has gotten married from that show and the others just eat up the publicity. So I watched American Idol and then put in Oliver and Company for the kids, so it was a calm evening.
Candy, I really am glad you are able to control your health with your food. And are feeling pretty good these days. And no there is nothing wrong with needing a nap every now and then, goodness knows I still get one a few times a week.
Well, I think someone asked about those burgers I made last night. The first ones I bought were morningstar farms better than burgers patties, they were great and only 2 pts each, they were out of those yesterday so I bought the Prime patties, and I didn't know it until I was making them but they are 4 pts each!! I was shocked... so instead of being able to have two burgers with fries like I planned I could only have one because of the unexpected pts. They tasted fine but I didn't think they were worth the extra two pts.... so only better than burgers ones for me. But all in all it was a yummy dinner. My kids ate very well... I put cheese on their burger and they ate it up. I don't think they can tell they are not meat. Tonight though I am making Spaghetti with the morningstar farms crumbles so that should be good. I love spaghetti but don't make it much since joining WW because I like mine with ground beef in it and that makes the pts so much higher... so I thought I would try these crumbles and see how they compare. I'm sure it will be great. So I'm looking forward to that. Does anyone notice that when they are trying to lose weight all you think about is food?? I haven't even had breakfast yet and I'm already tasting dinner! lol.
Well I need to get this day started. I will be at the chat room at 8:30 Central. TTYL!
Old 01-29-2004, 11:09 AM   #5  
soontobethin

Good morning everyone.
Candy, if you go to www.avon.com you can find it. Geri, I also am leaning toward Marlenas twin, but Marlena was acting awfully weird. Listen to me. You would think I do noting but watch day time tv. Any one catch Idol last night?
Well, for dinner last night, the boys had homemade macaroni and cheese, dh had chili hamburger helper, and I had a salad. I had some leftover oven fried chicken breast, and put it on there with fat free italian dressing and some parmesean cheese. It was really good. Don't know what we are having tonight.
I got my exercise in for the day. Did 35 minutes on my bike and then did my ab video. Now I need to get in the shower and do laundry, you know how it goes. I will be in the chat room this afternoon.
Hi to Spryng,Ginny, Lori, Missy Jackie and anyone else I missed.
Old 01-29-2004, 02:39 PM   #6  
2BoysMom

Hello!

Getting some laundry & house cleaning done today plus playing with the boys. Hope to see someone in the chatroom with me today at 2:00 central!!
Old 01-29-2004, 02:45 PM   #7  

Just a quick hello-
I guess the killer is Marlena unless they have her tied up somewhere and her evil twin has taken over. That would explain Romans death and the way she is acting with John. It's so silly to get so excited over people's lives who don't exist!!

I have a lot to do. I'm going to cut my friends boys hair this afternoon and Andrew stayed home sick today. I check back later.
Old 01-29-2004, 03:44 PM   #8  

Good afternoon all!
Sorry I did not chat earlier but the kids just now went down for their nap. Tanner just refused to go to sleep. but he is out hard now.
Andrea, I hope you son is feeling better today. And you mean they didn't actually reveal the killer to you? you stil have to wonder? Ahh, the joys of soaps, lol.
Ricci, everyone in your family had different dinners? How sweet of you to to that for them. In my house it's what I make or nothing, lol. Well on nights I don't want to cook at all I'll make something special for the kids and then heat up a freezer meal for me. But that hasn't happened in a while. And yes I saw American Idol last night. It was good as usual but I am ready for the auditons to be over and the real show to start now.And sounds like you are right on top of your exercise lately, good for you! I still need to do something in that department today.
Well, I got my avon re-fine stretch mark cream today. I hope it works. It says it is suppose to work on old or new ones and mine are 4 and 3 years old now. I put some on and it has a shimmer to it, like glitter or something and smells ok, so I'll use t everyday as directed and we'll see. I really want to get that cellulite cream though, but it's 15 bucks a bottle so I am waiting until it goes on sale.
Well, guess I'll get off of here.
Oh Ginny, I forgot to update you on that woman I told you about at the WW site who was being chastized because of her stats... well... there were several threads that openly apologized to her, but I don't know if she ever read them because the last post she made she said she was leaving WW. I really hope those hateful people didn't run her off. How sad would that be? Overweight women criticising another overweight woman for being over weight!! That is so wrong on so many levels. But I told you I would update you.
Ok, gotta go!
Old 01-29-2004, 03:47 PM   #9  

Oh I also wanted to mention that my new avon book came with a little phamplet, looks like Avon has their own diet now! It's called slimwell and is alot like slimfast, you buy the bars and drinks and take some supplements, too funny. I guess everyone wants a piece of the diet industry.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:46 PM   #10  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Sorry for causing so much confusion by starting a new thread....there was so much stuff on the otherone, it was clouding my feeble mind.

Geri- I hope you got your cleaning and laundry done.

Spryng - let us know how the stretch mark cream works, ok? That still urks me about that woman at the WW site. (guess that is why I love each of you so much, we do not ever get on anothers case for having a problem with food!)I hope she is ok. Glad Tanner finally got a nap in. Oh- how did the veggie crumbles work out??? I use them in anything- and for those rare things that they are not great in I mix them with a bit of real ground beef to aid with the deception. You might want to try that.

Andrea- how did the hair cuts go??? Do you buzz them? Is Andrew feeling better???

Ricci- good for you getting your workout in!!!!!!! Sounds like you run a short order kitchen - I have nights like that too where everyone eats differently. What did you make tonite?

Candy- that is great news that you are feeling so much better on this new eating plan! Congrats- I am so happy for you. I have several bread cookbooks and will search them for a thin pizza crust.......probably get to that tomorrow. Remind me if I slip up, ok?

Got a very busy day tomorrow- work and then have to drive Ds to bball practice. Maybe by this time tomorrow night, I will be able to slow down. Today was long too.....but not a bad day.
Guess I'd better go. Have a great nite. And forgive me if I missed you.....tired mommy disease has kicked in here!
Ginny
Old 01-29-2004, 08:48 PM   #11  

Hi Ya'll!
I can't post much tonight. My left shoulder is killing me. When I get real tired, it has liquidy feeling knots in it and throbs. If you mash on it, you can feel them. Anyone know what causes this? Anything I can do to make it better? It hurts just about every day.

I didn't buzz their hair. My mom taught me how to cut hair. I always wanted to do it as a career but had a baby instead! lol I may decide to go that route when my kids are grown.

I hope ya'll have a good night. I'm going to try to get my kids in bed by 8. I have one of those Conair bath mat spas. I suggest one to anyone who like spa tubs! It is almost as good as the real thing and was only $40. I think I may spoil myself to that tonight. TTYL!
Old 01-29-2004, 08:51 PM   #12  

I read my post and I hope I didn't sound rude about saying I didn't buzz their hair. I just meant I cut it longer than a buzz. Sorry if I came off wrong!
Old 01-29-2004, 09:08 PM   #13  
Movin' to the Country!

AHHHHHHHH! I just wrote a nice long message and for some reason it didn't go and I lost it!!! I am gonna have to write tomorrow because I don't have time to rewrite all that. Hope you all have a good night. I'll get personal tomorrow!!!
Old 01-29-2004, 11:08 PM   #14  

Good evening all!
Hope everyone has had a nice evening. What did everyone end up having for dinner tonight? I had that spaghetti with the veggie crumbles in it and it came out great! My kids were totally fooled, lol. I thought it tasted like the real thing, but I'm not hard to please. I'm anxious about my WI tomorrow. Hope to see some sort of loss. These last 8 lbs are going to come off so slowly I can tell.
Candy, sorry you lost your post, hope to hear from you tomorrow.
Andrea, I hope you shoulder feels better fast. I have no idea why it would do that, but I don't know much about that kind of stuff. Hopefully your bath helped too.
Ginny, I hope tomorrow isn't too stressful for you. Has the snow melted off?

Well I have a question for any of you who might know. My FIL had a heart attack several weeks ago and they were able to clear out some of the clogged areas in his heart, today he went in for a routine checkup and my SIL called and said they told him only 3% of his heart is working and that the rest is dead muscle. Now these are people who like to exaggerate their medical conditions, but 3% sounds impossible. If 97% of ones heart is dead how can you live???? I've been trying to search the net to find info about it and I can't find anything on what different percents a heart can function on. Have you ever heard of this? He came home and is doing fine... doesn't look like a person with only 3% heart function, but what do I know? I would think though that if it was that severe her would be hospitalized or something.
Well I need to get in bed. TTYL!
Old 01-30-2004, 07:19 AM   #15  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!
Sorry- that is about all I have time for right now- what a busy day ontap.
See ya later!
Ginny
Closed Thread