South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 05:17 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default Just Chat WEDNESDAY! (beatcha Ruth!)

Geez, I thought I'd have time to play with getting up at 5, but Ruth is already up! Gotta get this in fast... back in a mo...
Old 11-12-2003, 05:33 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Sure enough... here I am, all by myself.
Where did Ruth go?
Get up all you lazies!! It's... it's 5:30! Everyone should be up by now!
Old 11-12-2003, 05:51 AM   #3  
Mous

It is 3:40 here as I type my good mornings to all you Fat Chicks!!

Yesterday was a day to sit back relax and EAT!!!

I played Pinochle with a group of ladies (3 besides me) at our college.

They run a student restaurant complete with proper table ware and cloth tablecloths and napkins.

The culinary students do everything. It is a hoot! The learning wait staff and cooks gives us many laughs and we shake our heads lots at the mistakes. It is so fun watching them go from ugly ducklings to swans by the end of the term.

The prices are FANTASTIC! Filet mingnon and Cherries Jubilee with Leek soup, veggies, a starch, homemade bread, salad and a drink all for less than $7.50!!

They are so SB friendly as well.

If you never take the time to ask you will never learn.
Don't be afraid to speak up and voice a concern, idea or question a choice.

Some may think it pushy or rude, but there is a time and place for everything.

If you don't ask, how do you know you can't get what you want.
All they can say is NO.

And by now, NO is in your vocabulary.

Be positive, be happy and be healthy.

Hi to all that come later.

Have a great day.

I had to think how to get my mom dressed and out of the house. She is wallowing away in her home since finding out she has severe arthiritis in her knees.

You can't make them or push or nag.

So, yesterday I said that my DH has to go to Home Depot and then I am going to Target. Told her I needed my mom to come with me and that I missed her "tagging" along with her daughter.

She is coming. WOO HOO!

ME
Old 11-12-2003, 06:54 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

*snork*, Ellis. That was a test! Actually I was up at 5 but got involved with the Doggage and didn't come back upstairs until now. Wasn't that snow yesterday just frassing loverly?

Marcie, it sounds like you may have got your Mum pried loose today. It's so easy to just not do anything as we get older. I just tell Harry that he's coming with me for an outing.

There was an article in the Ottawa paper last week about a woman who was completely devastated when her car was stolen with her wee dog in it. Apparently this lady had decided not to get out of bed and didn't until her family got her Waldi the dog. That changed her life completely. There was lots of publicity over this and the woman got her dog AND her car returned this! I don't know if your Mum can have a pet but.......

Harry's Lifeline button was adjusted to make it less sensitive yesterday. However, somehow it got set off at 2 last night and I got a phone call. Oy! All I could think of was "Who died?" However, it is good to know the Lifeline folk are out there.

I went to Home Hardware yesterday morning and got some really exciting things - NOT! Tarpaulins and furnace filters do not turn me on somehow. I will plan a fun shop next week, perhaps.

Hershey goes to her job this afternoon and I plan to schedule a nap after we get home. The casting call for "The Vagina Monologues" is tonight at 7:30 and I know we will be late getting home from Brockville if there is a big turnout.

Another gloomy day coming up but I refuse to let it get me down today. I'm putting on all the lights in the house and going to burn a scented candle! Maybe my Light Box (actually a lamp) will arrive today.

Welcome to all the new folks who have joined us on The Beach. I hope they inspire me to get back on programme!

Happy Hump Day!
Old 11-12-2003, 07:12 AM   #5  
In Control: E+R=O

Good morning ellis, Marcie, Ruth, and all the Beach Beauties yet to come!

We're in the middle of our first winter storm of the year. YUCK!! Blowing snow, low visibility, the whole package. Several inches on the ground already, and more to come throughout the day. I'm dreading going out to work, I peeked out my door and the plows have not been through yet...hopefully soon. The dogs had a blast running through the yard this morning, as it's not too cold and they love the snow. Glad someone is enjoying this mess!!

I've been wandering on and off the beach for a few weeks now. I gain a couple of pounds, then do great and take them off, and then they find their way back to me. Last night I ate a whole bag of peanut M&Ms I'm struggling with some issues in my life right now, and I find myself falling back to my old way of eating....comfort foods I guess. I'm going to start posting on the daily menu thread again, maybe that will help me stay on track (thanks to whoever started that thread again!!!)

Well, I hear the plows going by, so that's my cue to get my butt ready to head out. Have a great day everyone! Sorry to be such a sad sack lately
Old 11-12-2003, 07:29 AM   #6  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning ladies

Ruth~~Did you purchase a full spectrum light? Who did you order it from? I want to make a decision this week and get one ordered, too. How are feet doing?

Ellis~~~My, but you have been getting up early the past few days! I was happy to hear that you DD is doing well. I'm sure that it gives you both much relief and less stress.

2Dog~~Cooler weather has moved in here but still no need for a sweater, yet. Sorry to brag.

Marcie~~~I'm sure your Mom will enjoy herself once she gets outside.

I'm trying to stay OP but I over did it on nuts last night. Hopefull today will be better. My back is still hurting so I'm not sure about exercise today, but we'll see. You never know....

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 11-12-2003 at 07:51 AM.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:59 AM   #7  
GARDENING ADDICT

Ruth~~I got your PM with the light info. Thanks.
You and Ellis are welcome to come on down here whenever you want.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:00 AM   #8  
Imagine...

OK considering the weather that everyone else here gets I will never complain about Connectiuct's.

Sil~ How is the back doing?

Den~ Where are you?? Hope the new meds are working

Anyone hear anything about Whimsey? : go out to her!

Ruth~ I am sure you will get the part! You changed my bad mood to good last night....Not sure if it was your beautiful smile or the outfit

Marcie~

2dog ~ I just lost the 5 pounds I have been playing around with. My stats are once again correct

Ellis~You have to get up mighty early to beat Ruth! Ruth was able to open the recipes and she may mail them to you

Anyone who did not get the recipes, sorry I have no idea why some people get them and some don't. The lovely Ruth may go thru them and post some as there are two many to post them all. So please be patient.

It's a rainy day here, but I'm not complaining Have a GREAT OP day you beautiful chicksters
Old 11-12-2003, 08:42 AM   #9  

Good Morning ladies,
Well Im startin day 1 of the second week of phase 1...woohoo
I have hit a lull and havent lost in a few days,but I feel great and really doing this for a healthy way of life as well as the weight loss.
Have a huge weekend in front of me and working my tail to the bone...will have to get prepared on packed lunches.
Hope everyone has a sunny day on the BEACH,
Old 11-12-2003, 10:08 AM   #10  
Work in Progress

Morning all!
So I give up!!! I am in the process of getting dumped, after six years and burying two of my family and one of his a five years o business together, two therapists ouy!

It really is a good thing and I don't have that many tears left at this point. I that that it has something to do with coming to the Beach here, as strong as I was in the world, I was missing something for myself, and I really think that it has been over the last few months, starting to get my food under control, and being here I was doing less for him and more for me, really being inspired by all the women here who take responsiblity for their lives and celecrate their weakness and use those feelings to become stronger.....

I think these steps are now becoming the cherry on the cake that has been baking for the last two years....I know in the long run I will be happier because if I am wrong and we work it out I won't settle for what I have in the past, and if he goes then so be it, I am just too old to keep this up...

Thanks to everyone here for your daily inspiration and thoughts, I feel very blessed to have found such a positive thing at such a difficult time in my life all around!! I came here to get ideas on losing weight, and now I have found such an amazing support and inspirational network!!!

rb
Old 11-12-2003, 10:14 AM   #11  
Work in Progress

We are all up early aren't we.....

Marci....great way to get your Mom out of the house....get her some glucomine and chondrotin, that will absolutely make all the difference if she has arthritis in her knees. My uncle has had 5 knee surgeries and couldn't walk because of arthritis in his kness at 45, now he plays basketball.

Ruth, those 2:00 calls are scary, glad that Harry seems to be doing so much better,

Ellis, thanks for starting the thread this AM, you are true to your word...

sflkae 2Fit MissB-- good morning to you all!

TwoDog--isn't your meeting today? Good Luck

For some reason that thought that Whimsey was going out of town....maybe I am wrong.

Sil, hope your back is better, went through that earlier this year....

I am sending good OP and happy thoughts to all on the beach today......get me that darn sf double strawberry margarita and send Juan the pool boy over here with his beautiful long hair brown eyes and white gauzing outfit to rub our feet!!!!!

rb
Old 11-12-2003, 10:28 AM   #12  

Hi everyone....I am back....I look like I have been in a bad accident. I am bruised all over my face...I really look wretched!!

I have been out of town RB!! My surgery was in OKC and my friends there just kept me. I got back last evening...I still have to go back Monday to get my stitches out.

The surgery went great...my heart never wavered. Once the stiches are out and the swelling and bruising go down I will be able to see much better. I am going to look good too. hahaha
Old 11-12-2003, 10:56 AM   #13  
Work in Progress

Congrats Whimsey...
That's right glad things went well for you.......my Mom had the surgery and after the swelling and brusing goes away it is pretty amazing!

Welcome back!!!

rb
Old 11-12-2003, 11:10 AM   #14  
Imagine...

Hi Whimsey so glad that everything went well. Welcome back, we missed you!
Old 11-12-2003, 11:45 AM   #15  

thanks guys it is good to be back!!!
Closed Thread